United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Give him a third series, you shits?
Yes 83 79.05%
Nah, but thanks 13 12.38%
Need to sleep on it as I'm too emotive rn 9 8.57%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-06-2024, 06:11 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
not long till this nightmare is over

negative GD, 8th in the league, losing 33 percent of our league games !
United win the FA Cup.

“Not long until this nightmare is over!”

Unread 03-06-2024, 06:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
United win the FA Cup.

It's honestly like he's taken zero pleasure from the cup win ffs

Unread 03-06-2024, 06:15 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
https://x.com/TenHagEra/status/17944...enpniX8XQ&s=19

It's late, what a day..... might go back to being an inner after seeing the wholseomeness of this team. Still some huuuge questions though. I'll sleep on it.
As most of us are doing likewise

Unread 03-06-2024, 07:17 PM
Hyman_Roth

Make the nightmare end…

Unread 03-06-2024, 07:36 PM
BigRonManager

Mou mou absolutely slaughtering BB on this thread. Sad to see a forum lifer brought so low, though, in truth, it’s probably his own Ferdinand-esque levels of poor grammar that laid him so bare.

Curious to see how this develops, but i’m starting to smell a ‘Brooks was here’ ending vibe from the whole thing. Hope it doesn’t come to that.

Unread 03-06-2024, 07:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Mou mou absolutely slaughtering BB on this thread. Sad to see a forum lifer brought so low, though, in truth, it’s probably his own Ferdinand-esque levels of poor grammar that laid him so bare.

Curious to see how this develops, but i’m starting to smell a ‘Brooks was here’ ending vibe from the whole thing. Hope it doesn’t come to that.

It's not that deep broski.....

Never have or will care about grammar, it's awfully off topic too....

Unread 03-06-2024, 07:45 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Never have or will care about grammar

Unread 03-06-2024, 07:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
United win the FA Cup.

Unread 03-06-2024, 08:02 PM
Finport Red

Has anyone told him the league’s finished?

Unread 03-06-2024, 10:28 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
It's honestly like he's taken zero pleasure from the cup win ffs
ive taken pleasure but not enough to lose sight of the bigger picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Has anyone told him the league’s finished?
where did we finish?

4th like you predicted? or where I predicted?

Unread 03-06-2024, 10:35 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
ive taken pleasure but not enough to lose sight of the bigger picture.

where did we finish?

4th like you predicted? or where I predicted?
I said we’d finish 5th. We won the cup and qualified for the Europa, so it’s the same end result.

I got the result and score right for the fa cup final. It was 2-1 to United, in case you haven’t heard. I know you haven’t been about much since then.

Two years, two trophies. Yet he’s a fraud.

Enjoy Southgate

Unread 03-06-2024, 10:58 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
I said we’d finish 5th. We won the cup and qualified for the Europa, so it’s the same end result.

I got the result and score right for the fa cup final. It was 2-1 to United, in case you haven’t heard. I know you haven’t been about much since then.

Two years, two trophies. Yet he’s a fraud.

Enjoy Southgate
it was a truly shocking season bar the fa cup.

let’s not rewrite history

Unread 03-06-2024, 11:02 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
It's not that deep broski.....

Never have or will care about grammar, it's awfully off topic too....
Bunks eats shoots and leaves.

Unread 04-06-2024, 02:55 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
Bunks eats shoots and leaves.

Unread 04-06-2024, 11:00 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
it was a truly shocking season bar the fa cup.

let’s not rewrite history
ultimately, 'history' will only write that we won the FA cup this season. All the consequences of finishing 8th are for next season, although as it turned out it wouldn't have mattered if we'd finished 5th or 10th except for a few quid in prize money.

No one remembers or cares, for example, that we finished 6th in '77. Only that we beat Liverpool in the FA cup.

Unread 04-06-2024, 11:08 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
ultimately, 'history' will only write that we won the FA cup this season. All the consequences of finishing 8th are for next season, although as it turned out it wouldn't have mattered if we'd finished 5th or 10th except for a few quid in prize money.

No one remembers or cares, for example, that we finished 6th in '77. Only that we beat Liverpool in the FA cup.
ok so it was a great season we played amazing football and didn't suffer a range of humiliations

good to know

Unread 04-06-2024, 11:08 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Or that city finished above us in 1991. Because we beat Barcelona a week later

Unread 04-06-2024, 11:14 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

No one remembers or cares, for example, that we finished 6th in '77. Only that we beat Liverpool in the FA cup
Yeah cos no one apart from nofun was alive ffs

"you won't even remember finishing 8th in 2071"

cheers whip

Unread 04-06-2024, 11:47 AM
Patty_b

At risk of being told that I didn't enjoy the FA cup win, he can't just be judged on that one game. The same way I won't judge him on one shit defeat.

It was a wonderful performance in the final, and it needed to be to win it. But it's not the first time we've set up like that against City and turned them over. Our previous clueless manager managed to beat City and Pep 4 times, winning as many as he lost in the 9 games he had against them playing in a similar way.

The problem isn't hoping we can get a result against City or Liverpool once or twice a season, it's the other 30+ games in a league season where the opposition won't have 74% of the possession, and are happy to do to us what we did against City every week. That's where he has failed most.

It wasn't Bayern that knocked us out of the Champions League, it was our inability to get more than one win in 4 games against Galatasaray and Copenhagen. It's wasn't the odd defeat against City or Liverpool that made us finish in 8th with minus goal difference, it was consistently shit results against the likes of Brentford, West Ham and Brighton.

I don't think he'll be able to turn that around next season so I won't be sad about seeing him go at all. But if the club believe he can then I'm happy enough with that as long as they give him every chance to do it. New contract, new players and a squad that wants to play for him. Anything else is setting him and the team up to fail.

Although in all honestly I think the decision has already been made and he'll be gone before the season starts. Along with Sancho, the little shit bag.

Unread 04-06-2024, 12:12 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Yeah cos no one apart from nofun was alive ffs

"you won't even remember finishing 8th in 2071"

cheers whip

That's not like you to completely miss the point pal.

Without googling, can you tell me what position we finished in '85? or 2016 for that matter?

No, because no one gives a £#%&!. Because unless you win the title or a trophy, no one remembers or cares. Silv was going on about rewriting history, no one is rewriting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Or that city finished above us in 1991. Because we beat Barcelona a week later

Zorg gets it

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
ok so it was a great season we played amazing football and didn't suffer a range of humiliations

good to know
Silv does not.