United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-05-2024, 05:23 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
I think my favourite part was all the shots of the cliff...special place, used to love going there as a kid
Same. My mate's house in the background. That daft pavilion/shed. used to always be down there.

Only watched E1 and loved it. Except for Neville P. He plays tries too hard, like he's had some awful media training advice. Cole and Yorke were great. I'm glad Keane isn't in it. Makes him more of an enigma, especially as everyone else is talking him up

Unread 19-05-2024, 07:48 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

I think P. Nev comes across fantastic. The lad gets it.

Unread 19-05-2024, 07:50 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches View Post
I think P. Nev comes across fantastic. The lad gets it.
Yeah he’s good in this.

Unread 19-05-2024, 08:43 AM
pedr0

he's one of those who can't quite pull of swearing. it just doesn't sound right.

Unread 19-05-2024, 09:09 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
he's one of those who can't quite pull of swearing. it just doesn't sound right.
That's my point. It's like his commentary. Not authentic at all.

What was that thing about Fergie retiring? Brought it up and then dropped it without a word, aside from Neville G's brief reaction.

Unread 19-05-2024, 09:18 AM
Stickman

Edwards had more or less told him to dial it in re outside interests (like the horse racing) and focus more on United. This was on the back of 97-98 so probably carried a lot of impact for SAF to hear. He didn’t feel the board etc fully trusted him so offered his resignation.

Unread 19-05-2024, 09:53 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
I briefly stuck subtitles on to make sure I heard it right.
same

also watched roy's cup final injury frame by frame as was never sure exactly how he got injured

frame 1

frame 2

Unread 19-05-2024, 10:22 AM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
also watched roy's cup final injury frame by frame as was never sure exactly how he got injured

frame 1

frame 2
It was obvious from the first minute that he was targetted - it was nice to see it backfire on them.

Unread 19-05-2024, 11:04 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mou Mou Land View Post
It was obvious from the first minute that he was targetted - it was nice to see it backfire on them.
Didn't Keane get arrested before the cup final?

Unread 19-05-2024, 11:12 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Didn't Keane get arrested before the cup final?
IIRC he was arrested in the middle of the road somewhere pissed out of his skull

Unread 19-05-2024, 11:16 AM
Denis Irwell

Thought Phil was ok but I do have a soft spot for the gormless looking £#%&!er. Particularly enjoyed him snapping at gay Freddy and Pires’ shins

Top pro

Unread 19-05-2024, 11:30 AM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell View Post
Thought Phil was ok but I do have a soft spot for the gormless looking £#%&!er. Particularly enjoyed him snapping at gay Freddy and Pires’ shins

Top pro
I stayed at Gary's hotel for one home match and he was part of the commentary team for Sky. We were having a drink beforehand and Gary and Phil were having lunch with their mum and their Aunt. It always amazes me that people are so ignorant as to interrupt someone in that situation, but lots did. Gary handled most of it and was the perfect 'screen persona' type.

Phil snapped first and it was Gary that had to restrain him and calm him down - my impression of Phil went up that day.

Unread 19-05-2024, 01:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell View Post

Top pro
Remember that win v Arsenal where he had Vieira in his pocket? Loved Phil.

Unread 19-05-2024, 02:16 PM
guerreiro

Can’t believe Day May had the gall to say he was pissed off at being left out of the final. The shit blue flid.

Unread 19-05-2024, 02:25 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Can’t believe Day May had the gall to say he was pissed off at being left out of the final. The shit blue flid.
Outrageous. If Johnsen was being pushed into midfield then Berg who was brilliant against Inter at home would have got the nod anyway

Unread 19-05-2024, 02:38 PM
RedNick80

Honestly, watched ep 1 on Friday with the Mrs and the boy one, and was choked up the whole way through.

Me and her used to be in the Rectory every Saturday night (well most - it was 21’s) and Yorkie, Jordan, Giggs loads of them would be about.

I was 18 and seeing all that footage again took me straight back. What a £#%&!ing amazing time that was. I was very lucky to have a loving family, great upbringing and good mates, I still do but the weight of nostalgia always gets me.

I just pray my lad gets half of our success one day, 99 really was seminal for me.

Unread 19-05-2024, 02:38 PM
pedr0

tbf to 'maysie' he actually started the fa cup final (stam was rested), Henning berg was injured.

Unread 19-05-2024, 02:52 PM
puressence

Fergie bailed him out of bootle nick

Unread 19-05-2024, 03:39 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
same

frame 1

frame 2
“Speedless to say, I had the last laugh”

Unread 19-05-2024, 03:45 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post
“Speedless to say, I had the last laugh”