United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Sparky***

Default The Barcelona team we knocked out of the champions league in 2008

£#%&!ing hell what a team that was. Makes you realise just how good we were back then when you look at the team that we played against. Yaya Toure, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Eto'o, Henry

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:43 AM
no fun

You had to check didn't you

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
You had to check didn't you
of course i did you fool. It's what the internet is for.

Nearly 7 years ago now.

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing hell what a team that was. Makes you realise just how good we were back then when you look at the team that we played against. Yaya Toure, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Eto'o, Henry

It's probably the best United team we'll ever see in our lifetime. Crying shame it didn't go on to win a couple more Champions Leagues.

Barca improved, we didn't

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:47 AM
taff

the second leg was one of the more terrifying nights i've had as a united fan.

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:47 AM
The Watcher

Other than the 45 seconds after Scholes winner, I don't think I enjoyed a single minute of it. The most gut wrenchingly stressful game I've experienced. The last ten minutes were just excruciating.

Best ever night at OT tbh

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:50 AM
The Watcher

Just reading that Barcelona line up again, amazing to think they spent 2007 & 2008 getting mugged in La Liga by a Real Madrid side whose best player was Robinho

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:53 AM
dragflick

Quote:
of course i did you fool. It's what the internet is for.

Nearly 7 years ago now.
7 bastard years nearly since we won it. Madness. That has absolutely £#%&!ing flown by hasn't it :shakehead:

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:54 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
the second leg was one of the more terrifying nights i've had as a united fan.
terrifying wasn't the word. Hung on for dear life.

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:55 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
7 bastard years nearly since we won it. Madness. That has absolutely £#%&!ing flown by hasn't it :shakehead:
Yep and to think in that same time span, Barca won it 3 times.

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Ronaldinho was still on the Barca books at that time, too.

Shows how little quality matters when the desire and intensity drops. Pep had to come in and spend a year clearing most of that lot out.

Unread 12-11-2014, 01:01 AM
lookingforeric

Maybe it was just wasn't so much us being good but maybe Barcelona weren't on drugs then

Unread 12-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforeric
Maybe it was just wasn't so much us being good but maybe Barcelona weren't on drugs then
Good point.

Unread 12-11-2014, 01:04 AM
ashtonred

Quote:
terrifying wasn't the word. Hung on for dear life.
I agree and when the final whistle went the relief was indescribable. Everything´s relative though .. the relief was just as great (well almost) when the final whistle went Vs Palace last Saturday. Well for me anyway .....

Unread 12-11-2014, 02:54 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Their morale was down and that team and manager were about to break up somewhat weren't they? You were just oblivious to what Toure was going to turn into. Didn't even know he played that night tbh

Unread 12-11-2014, 04:43 AM
Nani

Where was wazza?

That was some forward line we had that season, possibly our best ever, for all the shit Rooney gets now and Tevez being a @#%&!.

Rooney Ronaldo Tevez

Wes Brown was fantastic that season as well

Can't remember if Nani was any good that night or around that period (he started pretty well IRRC) but totally forgot he played in that match. Then obvs his role in the final. Big game player

Unread 12-11-2014, 06:28 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani
Where was wazza?

That was some forward line we had that season, possibly our best ever, for all the shit Rooney gets now and Tevez being a @#%&!.

Rooney Ronaldo Tevez

Wes Brown was fantastic that season as well

Can't remember if Nani was any good that night or around that period (he started pretty well IRRC) but totally forgot he played in that match. Then obvs his role in the final. Big game player

Rooney injured his hip at Stamford Bridge in the Sat morning game a few days prior, I remember it was a huge blow when the line up came out that neither he or Vidic made it. Wes Brown had an absolute stormer in his place thank £#%&! and Hargreaves arguably played his best games for us at Right Back.

Nani and Ronaldo both had very good unselfish type games that night, Park and Tevez were £#%&!ing dynamite.

Unread 12-11-2014, 07:55 AM
puressence

Quote:

did u watch it in the queen vic

Unread 12-11-2014, 08:15 AM
MUFC One Love

Good days them, just finishing Uni and that.

Much better than the pile of shit we watch now. How did the club allow it to happen? £#%&!ing neglecting the midfield for so long.

Unread 12-11-2014, 08:31 AM
History

I still nearly throw up when I see Henry get a free header in the 88th minute.
Closed Thread