United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-01-2022, 07:36 PM
saffers

Default Wayne Rooney is becoming a serious manager

Doing very well in what is a tough situation at Derby. Could be the making of him as an elite coach. He certainly was an elite player no matter how short memories people have. Would you like to see him as a United manager one day or is there too much potential for off the pitch drama?

Unread 01-01-2022, 07:38 PM
armchair

If he keeps them up he is the manager of the year. Even if he comes close he'd probably deserve it. Talk about strength through adversity.

Unread 01-01-2022, 07:52 PM
Pop

Can't say I follow the Championship closely, weren't Derby deducted a shitload of points this season or did they escape punishment? They're on 21, deducted (?) 21 so theoretically could be on double that, fourth in the table.

Not bad going for the wiggy scouse bastard tbf.

Unread 01-01-2022, 07:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Cutting his teeth in extraordinary fashion.....

It would be unbelievable if they get out of this ...

Unread 01-01-2022, 07:53 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Can't say I follow the Championship closely, weren't Derby deducted a shitload of points this season or did they escape punishment? They're on 21, deducted (?) 21 so theoretically could be on double that, fourth in the table.

Especially decent when they only had about 9 contracted players at the beginning of the season.

Unread 01-01-2022, 07:55 PM
20LEgend1999

They're on 10 points, not 21. He's doing a very good job nonetheless.

Unread 01-01-2022, 07:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

They'd be on 31...

Unread 01-01-2022, 07:56 PM
silv

I’d love nothing more than for him to be a successful United manager

Unread 01-01-2022, 07:59 PM
Pop

Oops, scored 21. My £#%&!ing eyesight

Unread 01-01-2022, 08:01 PM
tatty

Fair play to the lad, it'll certainly give him the credibility for a bigger job if he does pull it off.

Unread 01-01-2022, 08:11 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Doing very well in what is a tough situation at Derby. Could be the making of him as an elite coach. He certainly was an elite player no matter how short memories people have. Would you like to see him as a United manager one day or is there too much potential for off the pitch drama?

Who the £#%&! would ever suggest he wasn't an elite player?

And yes, if he becomes good enough.

Unread 01-01-2022, 08:23 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Who the £#%&! would ever suggest he wasn't an elite player?

And yes, if he becomes good enough.
There’s this weird thing about the Chelsea transfer even though his worries about where the club was headed at the time turned out to be true.

Unread 01-01-2022, 08:29 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
There’s this weird thing about the Chelsea transfer even though his worries about where the club was headed at the time turned out to be true.
Forgotten about that, thought it was just squeezing a few more £s? Thought that was what everyone should do....

Unread 01-01-2022, 08:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Forgotten about that, thought it was just squeezing a few more £s? Thought that was what everyone should do....
No doubt. He was brilliant and even on the decline he still came up with some special moments - in the end I think he was made to look worse by how poor the team was as a whole.

Unread 01-01-2022, 08:42 PM
ScarFace

Ole did £#%&! all but do the stanky leg in the late 90s and got the job...so £#%&! it do it.

Unread 01-01-2022, 09:01 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
No doubt. He was brilliant and even on the decline he still came up with some special moments - in the end I think he was made to look worse by how poor the team was as a whole.
Honestly can't think of a any fan who doesn't think he is an all time legend.

The Scouse bastard obviously.

Unread 01-01-2022, 09:37 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

I get the feeling he’s going to have a good long career as a gaffer.

Unread 01-01-2022, 09:51 PM
Mr Kaboom

He’s got the easiest job in football at the moment. Zero expectations and zero pressure

Unread 01-01-2022, 10:52 PM
Drexl

He's proper smartened himself up since that woman farted on him in a Travellodge tbf :cooL:

Unread 02-01-2022, 01:26 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Chelsea?

Wasn't it City?
Closed Thread