United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: How do you rate Manchester United's season?
Very good. 1 1.56%
Good. 6 9.38%
Satisfactory. 14 21.88%
Bad. 38 59.38%
Very bad. 5 7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 30-05-2024, 09:27 AM
thatsfuctit

Default How do you rate United's season

Sorry, I know this is similar to another discussion, but off the back of an article in the Athletic, I want to replicate the poll they cite.

Unread 30-05-2024, 09:36 AM
Patty_b

If we at least looked competitive for 4th and didn't bomb out last in a piss easy Champions League group then it would've been better than bad.

Unread 30-05-2024, 09:38 AM
armchair

Didn't Fergie say something along the lines of one trophy a season was a success? I remember being surprised to read it. If we won the Europa next season and did better in the league, then the team's trajectory would have been positive over Ten Hag's reign.

Unread 30-05-2024, 09:45 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
If we at least looked competitive for 4th and didn't bomb out last in a piss easy Champions League group then it would've been better than bad.
if.

Unread 30-05-2024, 09:46 AM
ZiggyStardust

Bad
It would be very bad if we hadn't won the cup

Unread 30-05-2024, 09:47 AM
Finport Red

Won the second biggest domestic trophy. Played well when we had our first team (or thereabouts).

Onwards and upwards.

Unread 30-05-2024, 09:51 AM
History

Overall bad season with a decent result to rescue it sort of.

Loads of mitigating reasons plus some bad decision making

Positives being Graduates leaving their mark, the squad being stripped of more deadwood and of course a trophy

Was bad overall and the F.A cup has stopped it from being a complete disaster

Unread 30-05-2024, 09:56 AM
sweetleftfoot

Had some real diamonds in what was a sea of shit. The emergence of Kobbie Mainoo, the FA cup qtr and final. Amrabat making me look a #@&%! with some top drawer end of season performances (sorry jem).

The manager was not aided by some criminal luck with injuries, but then covered himself in his own mess with some bizarre substitutions and selections.

Overall bad.

Unread 30-05-2024, 09:58 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Fantastic end to a very bad season so we'll have to go with bad. Obviously great results, one for the ages, lifetime memories with the cup win against the blooos but I'm guessing if you asked any of the team or Erik they wouldn't say it had been a satisfactory season. If we lost the final then you'd need a new category for how bad it would have been...

Unread 30-05-2024, 10:02 AM
Stickman

Michael Jackson

Unread 30-05-2024, 03:52 PM
thatsfuctit

Currently 24% 'Satisfactory' or 'Good', that's more than voted that way in The Athletic poll.

Simply can not see how last season was 'satisfactory' or 'good', a few things were good, the season wasn't imo.

Unread 30-05-2024, 03:56 PM
est.1878

are we at risk of getting quoted in the guardian again.

Unread 30-05-2024, 03:57 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
are we at risk of getting quoted in the guardian again.
what did we get quoted on?

I was suprised at how positive the poll results were and was intererested if they were indicative of the feelings on here, they are infact incredibly similar.

Unread 30-05-2024, 04:05 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit View Post
what did we get quoted on?

I was suprised at how positive the poll results were and was intererested if they were indicative of the feelings on here, they are infact incredibly similar.
pre match hype

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ould-have-been

posited wouldn't have got past our forum pedants

Unread 30-05-2024, 04:30 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
pre match hype

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ould-have-been

posited wouldn't have got past our forum pedants
Brilliant, missed that.

Unread 30-05-2024, 04:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Satisfactory under the circumstances.....

If you think it's a bad season winning the FA cup after knocking out Liverpool in extra time and playing city off the pitch ...

Unread 30-05-2024, 04:39 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

If you think it's a bad season winning the FA cup after knocking out Liverpool in extra time and playing city off the pitch ...
There’s no under the circumstances qualifier - question as I read it is Are you satisfied with the season or not?

As great as the final was and beating the scousers was, given the 13 defeats in the league , neggy GD, cl debacle, it doesn’t make it a good/satisfactory season. Would do if we were Everton I guess.

Unread 30-05-2024, 04:48 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

so to clarify, the following records are 'satisfactory'

- lowest ever PL finish. (lower than Moyes)
- worst ever points return.
- negative goal difference for the first time ever.
- broke the record for the latest a team have been winning before losing in Premier League
- bottom of CL group, which was like coming 4th in a 2 horse race.

Unread 30-05-2024, 04:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit View Post
so to clarify, the following records are 'satisfactory'

- lowest ever PL finish. (lower than Moyes)
- worst ever points return.
- negative goal difference for the first time ever.
- broke the record for the latest a team have been winning before losing in Premier League
- bottom of CL group, which was like coming 4th in a 2 horse race.
Under the circumstances - yes...
Made peace with all that ages ago ...finished winning the FA cup after knocking out our closet rivals, preventing Newcastle getting to Europe and getting a spot in the Europa...

Satisfactory.

Unread 30-05-2024, 08:02 PM
Sparky***

the fa cup run absolutely saved it from being abysmal tbh