United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 30-05-2024, 10:17 AM
TheNew

Default Jarrad Branthwaite

Not seen another thread on this, but seems to be we're in for him. Everton open to selling for £60-70m.

I haven't seen that much of him, as funnily enough, I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than watch Everton regularly.

Positives:
Good age.
6"5 (apparently)
Price seems ok, when you look at what players go for these days, especially English and young.
Not actually a scouser.

Negatives:
Called Jarrad.

Can anyone who's seen more of him than I have tell me if this looks a decent signing?

Unread 30-05-2024, 10:26 AM
Baron

A lazy signing, overpriced.

Not every player turns out to be worth the punt, but look at Saliba at Arsenal - £27m I think, French international & still only 23.

It's those sorts of players we should be scouting & signing, not basic bitches from Everton.

Unread 30-05-2024, 10:29 AM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew View Post
Not seen another thread on this, but seems to be we're in for him. Everton open to selling for £60-70m.

I haven't seen that much of him, as funnily enough, I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than watch Everton regularly.

Positives:
Good age.
6"5 (apparently)
Price seems ok, when you look at what players go for these days, especially English and young.
Not actually a scouser.

Negatives:
Called Jarrad.

Can anyone who's seen more of him than I have tell me if this looks a decent signing?
I think we should wait for a while, there are serious vibes that administration is in the offing for Everton. We should just wait for the fire sale.

Plus he reminds me of Terry for some reason.

Unread 30-05-2024, 10:29 AM
suedeshoes

I'd be buzzing if we get him. Good in the air, fast, powerful and young.

Unread 30-05-2024, 10:33 AM
Arnold Muhren

The way things are going at Goodison we could be getting him for around £30m at which he’s definitely worth a punt.

Unread 30-05-2024, 10:35 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
A lazy signing, overpriced.

Not every player turns out to be worth the punt, but look at Saliba at Arsenal - £27m I think, French international & still only 23.

It's those sorts of players we should be scouting & signing, not basic bitches from Everton.
all of this. would hope the new suits are a lot more imaginative than this.

if we're after this type of profile we should sign Jacob Greaves from hull, for far less money.

if we're going to spend big money on a CB, they should be (a) right sided and (b) more experienced.

Unread 30-05-2024, 10:47 AM
goldfinger II

Spending a large chunk of our transfer budget on players for positions that don't need filled, whilst desperate for new players in other positions, is like something the previous regime would do.

We already have a left-sided centreback and he is one of our best players. Fair enough, there are doubts about his long-term fitness and we'll need cover there regardless but splashing £40m-£60m on a second left-sided centreback at this moment makes no sense to me. There's a big gap on the right side of the defence - maybe fill that.

We're going to need at least 2 midfielders, at least 1 winger, a striker and another defender. Who knows? Maybe it's possible to sort all that and sign Braithwaite. It's just hard to imagine at this point. Can the lad play right side?

Unread 30-05-2024, 10:56 AM
magic_cantona

Brilliant player. Genuinely thought he was more right sided or even a right back until I was put straight on here

Unread 30-05-2024, 11:12 AM
Bunker Buster

Never noticed him ?

Unsre where the hype comes from.....

Unread 30-05-2024, 11:15 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Never noticed him ?

Unsre where the hype comes from.....
Spent a season on loan at PSV mate. Surprised you didn't spot him there?

Unread 30-05-2024, 11:22 AM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Ah, more Dutch league signings. Must be a minimum of 80 mill at least.

Excellent news..............

Unread 30-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Zorg

Everton are screwed. Offer £5 million and a set of tracksuits.

Unread 30-05-2024, 11:28 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Nope, very grey man....

Unread 30-05-2024, 11:58 AM
Jethro

I can't see any manager let alone a Dutch one playing two left footed centre backs. That being said he's very good.

Unread 30-05-2024, 12:11 PM
thatsfuctit

£20m and a load of shite squad fillers?

Unread 30-05-2024, 01:02 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mou Mou Land View Post
Plus he reminds me of Terry for some reason.
As a player? Or as a racist?

Unread 30-05-2024, 01:06 PM
NedKelly

Loads of Nazi looking lads nowadays…

Unread 30-05-2024, 01:08 PM
Taibi

If they’re on the bones of their arse, get it done for £40-50m and bung them Pellestri or someone on loan for a year.

Unread 30-05-2024, 01:10 PM
BigRonManager

Donny's love child.

I thought he only had a brief loan there, though I suppose he had to do something with all that free time.

Unread 30-05-2024, 01:41 PM
dinger

Don't go near him unless its a steal, add the United tax to meh English player tax and we'd get rinsed. No young German or Italians worth going for?