HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Question Would you have Carlos back as number 2

Now that he's been sacked by Portugal?

I wouldn't. Discuss.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:00 AM
safingtons

Default Re: Would you have Carlos back as number 2

In a shot.

Please explain your reasons for not having him back? If it's because he's left twice then that's silly, other than the top job at United, being offered his national team job and Real Madrid job are the two biggest going so you can't really hold grudges + he's still communicates regularly with Sir Alex.

Think Nani's development would take even more positive steps but the player who needs Queiroz the most is Anderson judging by how things have gone since he left.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:01 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

I think Phelan has done a great job as number 2 but also think carlos is better. Carlos is a cracking number 2 and never a number 1 and hopefully he will see that now, 2 failed attempts at madrid and portugal and being honest can you blame him from leaving a number 2 post to become madrid and portugal manager.

Would I have him back - yes
Do I think he will come back - no

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:06 AM
safingtons

He did a very good job at Madrid actually despite not being allowed to buy any defenders in the transfer window, in the end that backfired. They were playing fantastic stuff and leading the league for a long part of the season.

And the Portugal job is simply due to a lack of talent at his disposal.

You can't write him off as a number 1 based on those jobs, just two jobs.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

I would if Fergie wanted him, not arsed personally. Too much made out of who Fergie's no. 2 is imo, he's won trophies all his career with all manner of assistants.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:11 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Fergie and him seem to have a good relationship so I guess its all about his own pride, pretty sure SAF will ask him to come back.
True but Fergie talks about being loyal to his staff who he's worked with at OT for a number of years, lets see if he stands by that or not. Think it would be unfair on Mickey and Rene tbh but I bet he's back here before crimbo.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:14 AM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I would if Fergie wanted him, not arsed personally. Too much made out of who Fergie's no. 2 is imo, he's won trophies all his career with all manner of assistants.
This is true, but Fergie with Queiroz is better than Fergie without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
True but Fergie talks about being loyal to his staff who he's worked with at OT for a number of years, lets see if he stands by that or not. Think it would be unfair on Mickey and Rene tbh but I bet he's back here before crimbo.
True, forgot Rene had come back just as Queiroz left.

And of course Phelan's official title nowadays is assistant manager.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:52 AM
borsuk

fergie and cq worked well before and we were successful. on the other hand, fergie, rene and phelan work well together and we are successful. obviously nobody has a clue how phelan and rene split the role between them but that won't stop people having a go at phelan, some people just can't help themselves.

i wouldn't have a problem with cq coming back but i don't think it would be the same as before. he was seen as fergie's heir apparent before and his status was high; his failures with madrid and portugal have changed that. granted, the madrid job was a mess and i wouldn't blame him too much for that, but he has been extremely poor with the portuguese national side, and his behaviour with the dope testers doesn't exactly inspire confidence in his ability to handle pressure.

if anybody was going to come into the management team i'd rather it was ole or mcclair. both appear to be doing good jobs and are united through and through. don't think there's any real need to change what we have though. as was said, as long as fergie is there we'll be successful.

edit

all this reminds me of what they used to say on ri about fergie: that he's not got a clue tactically, just uses 'the hairdryer' and shouts a lot, that he's rubbish without (fill in the name of his current assistant), that when we win it was in spite of fergie's bizarre decisions not to play the same 11 every match (the old 'we won in spite of fergie trying to £#%&! it up' line was always a favourite) and that generally he's a clueless @#%&! etc

are they still like that? haven't been on ri since this place started tbh.

Unread 10-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Stickman

id take him back.

Unread 10-09-2010, 12:13 PM
armchair

Have to say I like him even more for his recent outbursts.

Unread 10-09-2010, 12:15 PM
dunk

Carlos is a top red, always room for him imo.

Unread 10-09-2010, 12:16 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: Would you have Carlos back as number 2

There'd be no worries about him leaving again to be a manager, anyway. I think he, and the whole football world, have realised that he's a shite manager but a great number 2/coach.

I have him back asap.

Unread 10-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Tronics

Yes please

Just for the mere fact that we'll be less likely to sign players like Obertan and Owe

Oh and he's a good choice to

Unread 10-09-2010, 12:47 PM
carlosartorial

If Quiroz comes back again, he'll be our next manager.

Unread 10-09-2010, 12:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Yes please

Just for the mere fact that we'll be less likely to sign players like Obertan and Owe

Oh and he's a good choice to
I'd be interested to see a list of the signings we made when Carlos was at the club.

Unread 10-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

quiroz taught ferguson a lot, nqat

in the main that's only useful when added to the vast knowledge ferguson already has

even so, and justified or not, i imagine quiroz would've been more useful for bouncing ideas off during last season's run-in than phelan was.

Unread 10-09-2010, 03:12 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

That would be my concern.
If he does come back it'd have to be as a no2 & no promises of anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i imagine quiroz would've been more useful for bouncing ideas off during last season's run-in than phelan was.
Agree with that.

In summary, I'm not arsed either way.

Unread 10-09-2010, 03:16 PM
neworder

Has he been banned from managing for 6 months or banned from working in football?

Unread 10-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

defo; he'll come back imo

Unread 10-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

Value at last!
Closed Thread