United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-06-2024, 09:14 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
You can see why he gambled on Shaw, we've no width on the left at all without him. If he gets fit it'll make a big difference. They'll also look better against teams that don't sit back so much.

They need to improve quickly.
no they won't they'll pass it around a bit in the same way they have been doing, with absolutely minimal goal threat.

As much as I love to slag england players off, this clearly isn't the players so much as that conk's tactics. That said, the side would be infinitely improved by starting Mainoo and Palmer. Probably Gordon as well.

The fact some folk wanted Southgate at united is utterly embarrassing.

Unread 26-06-2024, 09:16 AM
Fat Al

Here’s a lovely stat:
Albania have scored more goals (3) than England (2) in a group that contains Spain, Italy & Croatia.

Unread 26-06-2024, 09:44 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
no they won't they'll pass it around a bit in the same way they have been doing, with absolutely minimal goal threat.

As much as I love to slag england players off, this clearly isn't the players so much as that conk's tactics. That said, the side would be infinitely improved by starting Mainoo and Palmer. Probably Gordon as well.

The fact some folk wanted Southgate at united is utterly embarrassing.
He's called Patty_b mate

Unread 26-06-2024, 09:53 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Think we already established you don’t know ball son.
Ball Son? Never heard of him.

Unread 26-06-2024, 10:09 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Thank £#%&! we have a player like Mainoo in our midfield and not some headless chicken like Gallagher.

Bellingham has gone to shit. I said earlier he'd be £#%&!ed after such a long season at Madrid.
I would like to thank southgate, both for showing us how unsuited he would be for united and for giving gallagher a chance to show what a £#%&!ing non-entity of a player he is.

not to say we won't end up with both of them.

bellingham isn't really the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Seems obvious Gordon needs to come in on the left wing but he'll never do it as he wouldn't dream of dropping Foden would he.
ah. the problem. foden. his ego writing cheques his talent and application can't cash.

I think palmer is the player to bring in, but southgate will, if at all, bring him in for saka, who had a good game, rather than foden, who had a busy game £#%&!ing everything up.

southgate has to choose foden or bellingham or he has to give foden a properly defined role and hold him to it. he won't do either, because he is an unimaginative chicken shit.

Unread 26-06-2024, 10:19 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
I would like to thank southgate, both for showing us how unsuited he would be for united and for giving gallagher a chance to show what a £#%&!ing non-entity of a player he is.

not to say we won't end up with both of them.

bellingham isn't really the problem.

ah. the problem. foden. his ego writing cheques his talent and application can't cash.

I think palmer is the player to bring in, but southgate will, if at all, bring him in for saka, who had a good game, rather than foden, who had a busy game £#%&!ing everything up.

southgate has to choose foden or bellingham or he has to give foden a properly defined role and hold him to it. he won't do either, because he is an unimaginative chicken shit.
or he drops ...Kane ... and allows Foden, Saka, Palmer and Bellingham to use the space

Unread 26-06-2024, 10:26 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
or he drops ...Kane ... and allows Foden, Saka, Palmer and Bellingham to use the space
as you may have noticed from my proposed selection, I would drop kane and foden.

I can see an argument for kane against a team that sits back, but I prefer an extra midfielder (as ever).

foden and bellingham will try to use the same space, though.

Unread 26-06-2024, 10:33 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
as you may have noticed from my proposed selection, I would drop kane and foden.

I can see an argument for kane against a team that sits back, but I prefer an extra midfielder (as ever).

foden and bellingham will try to use the same space, though.

Exactly this. It's almost a carbon copy of the scholes/lampard/gerrard 'conundrum' england had way back when. It's not a £#%&!ing conundrum, it just needs a manager with half a brain. Unfortunately for england, the FA decided that man was southgate.

Unread 26-06-2024, 10:49 AM
est.1878

Unread 26-06-2024, 01:23 PM
croady26

Did you see how Denmark finished second?