He's a mistake.

Unread 01-02-2024, 11:58 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Every balls gone in, Dave.

Unread 01-02-2024, 11:59 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Does this guy ever make saves? I’d rather have Hugo £#%&!ing Lloris in goal.

Unread 01-02-2024, 11:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Not sure which of the three he was supposed to save tonight....

Great save with his face and won the ball in the air numerous times, looks very assured with his distribution along side Martinez..lovely snide time wasting.

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:00 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Every balls gone in, Dave.

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:01 AM
Hyman_Roth

Still feel more comfortable watching him with the ball at his feet than I ever did with Dave. Watching Dave trying to play a simple pass was heart attack inducing.

But Onana’s distribution to any player other than the nearest defender isn’t good and his saves, punches and general goalkeeping business is terrible.

Martinez saved him a couple of times tonight.

Really struggling with him…

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Still feel more comfortable watching him with the ball at his feet than I ever did with Dave. Watching Dave trying to play a simple pass was heart attack inducing.

But Onana’s distribution to any player other than the nearest defender isn’t good and his saves, punches and general goalkeeping business is terrible.

Martinez saved him a couple of times tonight.

Really struggling with him…
Helps that he comes across as such a loveable guy, where as Dave was such a weak, goth shrew....

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:08 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Helps that he comes across as such a loveable guy, where as Dave was such a weak, goth shrew....
Yep, the heavy metal thing with Dave always deeply troubled me.

But everything would be a lot easier if Onana was just a bit better. He really needs to sort himself out.

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:10 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Still feel more comfortable watching him with the ball at his feet than I ever did with Dave.
It's the bits with his hands I'm uncomfortable with.

Quote:
He does seem like a sound bloke but Dave was a really good goalkeeper at making saves and that.

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:13 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
It's the bits with his hands I'm uncomfortable with.

He does seem like a sound bloke but Dave was a really good goalkeeper at making saves and that.
Had howlers bigger than onanas in his last few seasons....

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:13 AM
marlo

we also won’t be able to sell him in the summer as who would pay even £20m for him.

also new ineos looking for a keeper and the price of a standard one will be double.

So this Onana mistake could us at least £100m all things considered

Could have easily been avoided by just keeping the keeper we had!

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:14 AM
atticusgrinch

I want him to be good. I’m rooting for you Andre!

Try not to be shit in nets pal!!!

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:16 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Had howlers bigger than onanas in his last few seasons....
Some metric that.

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:51 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Wanted to give him benefit of the doubt but just can’t see it

Don’t see a hall playing sweeper keeper

He’s not a shot stopper

He doesn’t dominate his area

Would love to be proved wrong but he is shit and ain’t coming good anytime soon
TBF he marked his territory again

Unread 02-02-2024, 01:04 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane

He doesn’t dominate his area
He does, the ball just never happens to be in that area though

Unread 02-02-2024, 01:05 AM
Chris Quayd

If him and Antony swapped positions we’d improve

Unread 02-02-2024, 01:42 AM
Lok

He seems to give up far too easily. So many times the ball rolls into the net whilst he just watches it. It's infuriating.

Not too sure he's as good on the ball as was made out. Better than ddg but some of his long range passing is awful.

Unread 02-02-2024, 01:45 AM
Offerington

Absolutely detest this @#%&!. Banish the shitbag. He costs us goals every £#%&!ing game. Why does he try to use his chest to save the ball?! You're one of the only two people on the pitch who can legally use your hands you useless £#%&!ing @#%&!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I despair. Will end up costing ETH his job at this rate.

Unread 02-02-2024, 01:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
Absolutely detest this @#%&!. Banish the shitbag. He costs us goals every £#%&!ing game. Why does he try to use his chest to save the ball?! You're one of the only two people on the pitch who can legally use your hands you useless £#%&!ing @#%&!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I despair. Will end up costing ETH his job at this rate.
I think you will come around to him.

Unread 02-02-2024, 04:37 AM
croady26

Should have bought Maignan/Costa