United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-05-2024, 05:59 PM
Mr_Ed

8th with a GD of -1

What.a.season.

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Hyman_Roth

A hellish league campaign draws to a close. The worst I can ever remember.

Hopefully a summer of major changes. Whoever is managing us next season, it can’t be any worse than that.

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:10 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
A hellish league campaign draws to a close. The worst I can ever remember.

Hopefully a summer of major changes. Whoever is managing us next season, it can’t be any worse than that.
FFS, someone find Morgan Freeman and put a £#%&!ing gag on him!

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:20 PM
Finport Red

Classic rope-a-dope. Brighton were so tired in the second half thru didn’t even attain regulation 20 shots on our goal.

I think we’ve seen glimpses of the real Rasmus the past week. Can’t be easy viewing for those who don’t rate him.

A bit more match fitness for Martinez, Varane back in. Sets us up nicely for the rest of the season.

Oh…

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Classic rope-a-dope. Brighton were so tired in the second half thru didn’t even attain regulation 20 shots on our goal.

I think we’ve seen glimpses of the real Rasmus the past week. Can’t be easy viewing for those who don’t rate him.

A bit more match fitness for Martinez, Varane back in. Sets us up nicely for the rest of the season.

Oh…

Just can't see ANYTHING in him....

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
A hellish league campaign draws to a close. The worst I can ever remember
I can - just - remember relegation.

Objectively speakling, it might be our worst league campaign since 1989-90 I suppose.

Things can only get better?

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:29 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post
FFS, someone find Morgan Freeman and put a £#%&!ing gag on him!
Narrator’s voice: it w- mmffmm mmffff fmfff

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:38 PM
marlo

As we close in on 8th with less goals scored that last season, a goal difference of -1.

Oh how much of a wum was my prediction for this season being a disaster under that Dutch clown!

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
Now onto the hurt locker that will be a cup final against city
More optimistically, let's just see it as a "shot to nothing" as they say in snooker.

Simply not conceding in the first minute (West Ham today as well!) will be an advance tbh.

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:43 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Away win
Saged.

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
As we close in on 8th with less goals scored that last season, a goal difference of -1.

Oh how much of a wum was my prediction for this season being a disaster under that Dutch clown!
You going wembers Marls ?

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:45 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Pleased for you mate. At least someone is happy after this season.

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 19-05-2024, 07:44 PM
Jack Duckworth

A win and a clean sheet away from home to end the league season on a positive note. You can't ask for more than that

Shame about the 37 games before it, mind.

Unread 19-05-2024, 08:12 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
A win and a clean sheet away from home to end the league season on a positive note. You can't ask for more than that

Shame about the 37 games before it, mind.
If the season started today we'd be level on points with City. Progress imo

Unread 19-05-2024, 08:14 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Narrator’s voice: it w- mmffmm mmffff fmfff

Unread 19-05-2024, 08:15 PM
andyroo

Have to say Brighton's defending for our first looked horribly familiar

Unread 19-05-2024, 10:07 PM
Msgr A Brook

Quote:

I'm old enough to remember worst seasons under Fergie. Like I've said, scrape a win next week and for two seasons on the trot, we'll be the the second most successful team in England and Ten Hag will have won more in two seasons than Arteta has in five. Funny modern football, you can be Arsenal, Villa and Newcastle, win nothing for years and for some reason it's seen as a success. Can't wait for next weekend, come on Utd.

Unread 19-05-2024, 10:34 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgr A Brook View Post
I'm old enough to remember worst seasons under Fergie. Like I've said, scrape a win next week and for two seasons on the trot, we'll be the the second most successful team in England and Ten Hag will have won more in two seasons than Arteta has in five. Funny modern football, you can be Arsenal, Villa and Newcastle, win nothing for years and for some reason it's seen as a success. Can't wait for next weekend, come on Utd.
There’s only 89 that I can think of. Loved that season - clubbing, all the Manchester stuff and going everywhere with United with some right head the balls.

If ten hag can find a way of beating city next week then this season is anything but a write off. It suddenly has a different glow about it. he will have my undying love as I hate the berts more than any club.

Lose though, and it will remain the worst season since at least 89. I’d say 86 but it’s splitting hairs.

Unread 19-05-2024, 11:35 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
There’s only 89 that I can think of. Loved that season - clubbing, all the Manchester stuff and going everywhere with United with some right head the balls.

If ten hag can find a way of beating city next week then this season is anything but a write off. It suddenly has a different glow about it. he will have my undying love as I hate the berts more than any club.

Lose though, and it will remain the worst season since at least 89. I’d say 86 but it’s splitting hairs.
86 has to go down as a success tho.