United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 17-06-2024, 12:40 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Being able to take a good free kick and swing a cross in should not mean you are automatically undroppable.

Fundamentally he's clueless. He doesn't have the awareness or discipline on the ball to play international football. He can't tackle either and he left Rice having to charge about doing the job of 2 men.

I bet if you ask Rice he'd much rather play with someone like Mainoo who'd keep the ball, move into space to receive it and not constantly give it away.

Gallagher offers nothing more than nuisance value as well. Another player who's built up mind-boggling amounts of praise despite being a glorified robbie savage.

If we're talking about anyone starting alongside Rice it should be Palmer or Mainoo.
In a weird way I think Mainoo is exactly what Southgate needs. Someone with composure in the middle, who can dribble in tight spaces when teams defend in numbers .

But you know, apparently Mainoo was at fault for rices per performance vs Iceland

I rather he not play. Gets him a good rest and ready for us for the start of next season. They’re only going to blame him after englands inevitable loss

Unread 17-06-2024, 03:53 PM
luminova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
In a weird way I think Mainoo is exactly what Southgate needs. Someone with composure in the middle, who can dribble in tight spaces when teams defend in numbers .

But you know, apparently Mainoo was at fault for rices per performance vs Iceland

I rather he not play. Gets him a good rest and ready for us for the start of next season. They’re only going to blame him after englands inevitable loss
This X 10

The knuckle draggers that follow England would love to have another United player to foul up so they can give him the Beckham treatment

It wouldn't bother me if he only got a few minutes at the end of every game, the experience will do the lad good, but let's leave it at that for now.