United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:17 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Errr yes because he'd quit the national side

Last time I checked United fans on the whole weren't too thrilled about players getting called up for national games.
It was ok to use as a stick to beat de Gea with though yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Considering he had an argument with the coach and quit international football, then probably yeah...
I’m beginning to understand you don’t really know how football works at all, so yeah good one.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:24 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’m beginning to understand you don’t really know how football works at all, so yeah good one.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Not being picked proved that De Gea was shit but people are upset Onana will play for his national team. Interesting.
Well, yes, as it did prove de Gea was shit, as does his inability to find a club, but any call up he would’ve got wouldn’t have meant him missing a month of the season and a raft of United games.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:29 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
It was ok to use as a stick to beat de Gea with though yeah?

Err well yeah. I mean I didn't as far as I recall, but it's reasonable to say if De Gea was as good as some made out he'd have been no. 1 for his country no?

Still not sure what this has got to do with a player who's been called up for the african nations btw. Obviously you don't want your best players missing for a month.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:30 AM
AK14

Quote:
Considering he had an argument with the coach and quit international football, then probably yeah...
Ffs

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:36 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Err well yeah. I mean I didn't as far as I recall, but it's reasonable to say if De Gea was as good as some made out he'd have been no. 1 for his country no?

Still not sure what this has got to do with a player who's been called up for the african nations btw. Obviously you don't want your best players missing for a month.
He was until he had an absolute mare of a group stage for Spain in 2018. Not been the same for them or us since then. We just didn't realise that until it was too late.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:37 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Tbh I would even accept it, if he was the Spain no.2 or no.3 GK …

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He was until he had an absolute mare of a group stage for Spain in 2018. Not been the same for them or us since then. We just didn't realise that until it was too late.
I take exception to the use of ‘we’ in this statement.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:56 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We = United in that statement pal. Hope that clears it up for you.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:57 AM
RedNick80

Quote:

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
We = United in that statement pal. Hope that clears it up for you.
Ah, probably would’ve gone with ‘the club’ tbh.

Unread 24-08-2023, 11:07 AM
jem

Quote:
Shouldn't the best players in the world be playing for the national teams? Did people honestly believe we signed Onana thinking he might not go to the AFCON?
there was a discussion about it earlier in the thread.

always a risk with the africans. would make it part of the contract. you want to be in africa during the season? play for an african team, then, mofo.

Unread 24-08-2023, 11:11 AM
dunk

This is why so few African players have been signed by United over the years. Pretty sure Fergie didn’t bother again due to the AFCON and issues with the twins returning on time.

Unread 24-08-2023, 02:36 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Shouldn't the best players in the world be playing for the national teams? Did people honestly believe we signed Onana thinking he might not go to the AFCON?
Quote:

£#%&!ing hell. The jug eared, buck toothed clueless £#%&! is still the same i see. What an absolute joke of a fella.

Unread 24-08-2023, 04:27 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
This is why so few African players have been signed by United over the years. Pretty sure Fergie didn’t bother again due to the AFCON and issues with the twins returning on time.
Quinton Fortune was the other one.

Unread 24-08-2023, 04:30 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington

£#%&!ing hell. The jug eared, buck toothed clueless £#%&! is still the same i see. What an absolute joke of a fella.

Unread 24-08-2023, 06:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
There’s a reason he’s only our third ever Cameroonian player.

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:22 PM
larry

top red onana

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:24 PM
Ethers

Sad news. Thoughts are with Believe.