United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Are you in favour of Big Jim’s deal to acquire 25% of the club?
Yes 72 70.59%
No 15 14.71%
Not arsed 15 14.71%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 21-06-2024, 10:53 AM
the heathen

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere - it's the full 37 minute Bloomberg interview from which some of the quotes in the last couple of days have been taken.

Unread 21-06-2024, 11:43 AM
shenwen

Been watching that Tour de France show on Netflix and got to say not impressed by the INEOS group, especially that bald plastic scouser who seems to run a mile from ever having to make a decision. They only start winning when Brailsford gets in the car and starts offing and reffing down the line to the riders. Wonder if that could work with our players?

Unread 25-06-2024, 07:00 PM
larry

jim

Quote:
Manchester United’s women’s team will be moved into portable buildings at the club’s Carrington training complex this season to allow the men’s squad to use the women’s building while the men’s indoor facilities are being revamped.

Renovation work began on Monday on a £50m investment to modernise the men’s first-team building at Carrington, with the club announcing on 14 June that all areas of the men’s building were “being refurbished to deliver a world-class football facility with a positive culture to support future success”.

The building works are expected to last for the duration of the 2024-25 campaign.
Quote:
It is understood the news that they are going to be using portable buildings has left some of the women’s squad and staff disappointed
Quote:
One source close to the squad told the Guardian the decision added to a growing sense that the women’s team are not perceived as a priority within the club.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...men-carrington

Unread 25-06-2024, 07:27 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
One source close to the squad told the Guardian the decision added to a growing sense that the women’s team are not perceived as a priority within the club.
no shit

Unread 25-06-2024, 07:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean View Post
no shit
Does what any womens team think get as much coverage as ours?

Unread 25-06-2024, 07:37 PM
Hans Rimmer

I couldn’t resist having a look at Red Cafe on this. Lads fuming that Earps is leaving and demanding action to improve the women’s team .

One of the more disappointing aspects of the last 10 years has been being strong armed into forming that abomination due to pressure from screeching @#%&!s like Jacqui Oatley.

Unread 25-06-2024, 07:47 PM
NedKelly

Why can’t men be supportive of women? No one is saying they’re as good at football as the mens team…

Unread 25-06-2024, 07:51 PM
Finport Red

In this day and age they should all be using the same training facilities, with only a curtain that goes to about 6ft 6 from the ground up, so the boys can try and sneak a peak over when the girls are doing their busy improvement exercises.

The ladies should sign Barbara Windsor, I think.

Unread 25-06-2024, 07:57 PM
pc6090

It might not be a politically correct view, but I couldn’t give a shit about women’s football or sport in general apart from the tennis.

Unread 25-06-2024, 07:58 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090 View Post
It might not be a politically correct view, but I couldn’t give a shit about women’s football or sport in general apart from the tennis.
I quite like the volleyball.

Unread 25-06-2024, 09:43 PM
BigRonManager

I wonder how long this pretence is going to go on before society at large decides it’s had enough of it. If women themselves decided to make an effort and pay money to attend women’s matches it might legitimately become a real priority rather than just lip-service pandering.

Unread 25-06-2024, 10:15 PM
Jack Duckworth

Why don't they start their own club and pay for their own facilities and then they can make them as wonderful as they like?

Unread 25-06-2024, 10:30 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such-and-such

Unread 25-06-2024, 10:35 PM
Sparky***

Does anyone know what Man City or Arsenal's women's team might be thinking about what they're owners are doing?

Are there any headlines about Man City's women's team being a bit concerned their club might be relegated? Nope, never hear anything.

Why not? Because it's not Man Utd.

Again this absolute %@#$&!s used as a stick to beat the club with.

Unread 25-06-2024, 10:37 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
I quite like the volleyball.
Beach

There’s a thought for the new retractable pitches in the new stadium

Unread 25-06-2024, 10:56 PM
Sandman

The women's team needs disbanding,, might as well have a Sunday league team as well using their logic, it'd be a better standard of football as well. £#%&! it off, daft @#%&!s.

Unread 25-06-2024, 11:00 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Do great in pro wrestling.

Some absolute super talents.

Unread 25-06-2024, 11:06 PM
Medlock

eh up, the incels are in

Unread 26-06-2024, 12:26 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
The women's team needs disbanding,, might as well have a Sunday league team as well using their logic, it'd be a better standard of football as well. £#%&! it off, daft @#%&!s.
Yeah was just thinking exactly the same thing

Unread 26-06-2024, 01:03 AM
tatty

I'm always a little uncomfortable with grown men who enjoy women's football.