United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2015, 07:12 PM
andyroo

Well get a £#%&!ing shuffle on then Louis. We can't wait forever.

Unread 06-12-2015, 07:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I don't blame him for not trying to sign another after a stinker like that. It's not like he persevered with an obvious knacker too long and then failed to sign another in the two transfer windows since. God forbid the manager assessing his squad's abilities and bringing in players to address the weaknesses. It's not like it's his job or owt.

Complaining he's not got a goal scorer is taking the piss at this stage.
2 transfer windows since? He was lumbered with 3 shit strikers in January and could hardly bring another one in, and in fact signed no one, and spent all of the summer trying to get Müller, Lewandowski and whoever else. Misguided, but there you go.. Oh, and he bought Martial...

He's effectively had 4 months to completely re-jig the squad.

Unread 06-12-2015, 09:06 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
2 transfer windows since? He was lumbered with 3 shit strikers in January and could hardly bring another one in, and in fact signed no one, and spent all of the summer trying to get Müller, Lewandowski and whoever else. Misguided, but there you go.. Oh, and he bought Martial...

He's effectively had 4 months to completely re-jig the squad.
He's lumbered with the squad he £#%&!ing chose. He's the manager of Manchester United he can bring in whoever he wants if they're available. Muller and lewandowski ffs.

Unread 06-12-2015, 09:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
He's lumbered with the squad he £#%&!ing chose. He's the manager of Manchester United he can bring in whoever he wants if they're available. Muller and lewandowski ffs.
If they're available.

And if no one worth a £#%&! is available and the players you have are shit and want to leave, then what? As for bringing in 'whoever he wants' different World now pal, they can get more money elsewhere and can win trophies elsewhere too. United aren't in the position they once were.

4 months transfer time.

Some people seem to just completely ignore the constraints and issues he's had to deal with for some reason

Unread 06-12-2015, 09:13 PM
irk

Quote:
If they're available.

And if no one worth a £#%&! is available and the players you have are shit and want to leave, then what?
Yes, you're right - there were no players available. None at all. In the whole of world football.

Unread 06-12-2015, 09:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Yes, you're right - there were no players available. None at all. In the whole of world football.
That were available and wanted to come to OT and were good enough? Probably not, no.

Unread 06-12-2015, 09:19 PM
irk

Quote:
That were available and wanted to come to OT and were good enough? Probably not, no.
Of course not. None.

Unread 06-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Vetch

If only we had a world class striker.

Unread 06-12-2015, 09:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Of course not. None.
Surely if they were there and it was that simple, somebody else would've signed them and be pissing the league, as we clearly couldn't be arsed..

Oh, wait, Chelsea signed Falcao, City are reliant on Bony and the dippers snaffled up the much maligned Benteke, all whilst Spurs, utterly desperate for a striker bought some unknown French lad and couldn't get West Brom to part with Berahino. No, you're correct, plenty of top class forwards knocking about to snap up, can't believe we haven't bothered tbh..

Unread 06-12-2015, 10:08 PM
irk

Quote:
Surely if they were there and it was that simple, somebody else would've signed them and be pissing the league, as we clearly couldn't be arsed..

Oh, wait, Chelsea signed Falcao, City are reliant on Bony and the dippers snaffled up the much maligned Benteke, all whilst Spurs, utterly desperate for a striker bought some unknown French lad and couldn't get West Brom to part with Berahino. No, you're correct, plenty of top class forwards knocking about to snap up, can't believe we haven't bothered tbh..
Glad you've come round to my point of view.

Unread 06-12-2015, 10:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Glad you've come round to my point of view.
G2c you deleted that abomination in the other thread

You're wrong on this. Your heart is in the right place but it's clouded by frustration and resentment. You don't completely strip and rebuild a squad in 4 months of open transfer window I'm afraid. And there is very little in terms of forwards out there that are gettable. That's just how it is.

Unread 06-12-2015, 10:33 PM
irk

Quote:

You're wrong on this. Your heart is in the right place but it's clouded by frustration and resentment. You don't complete strip and rebuild a squad in 4 months of open transfer window in afraid. And there is very little in terms of forwards out there that are gettable. That's just how it is.
I stand by it. Don't know what happened. Deleted in error. I'll repost if I can be arsed.

I'm not frustrated or resentful of anyone. I don't really give a shit and I tend not to get involved in these pointless football arguments but the sheer level of speculation and bullshit is a wonder to behold. All the excuses for decisions he made as if they were circumstances that just happened to him are utter bobbins.

It was van gaals decision to gut the squad, and it was van gaals decision as to who to buy. He has had 18 months and the squad is as unbalanced as it ever was. It's also van gaals doing as to how the team set up and the attitude he instills in them.

Thus far he's found wanting in all departments.

Just stating that the players he needs weren't available or wouldn't come is pure conjecture. You don't know this.

Either he wanted falcao and di Maria or he didn't and got them anyway. Either scenario makes him look a @#%&!.

Unread 06-12-2015, 10:39 PM
Cream

Quote:

You're wrong on this. Your heart is in the right place but it's clouded by frustration and resentment. You don't completely strip and rebuild a squad in 4 months of open transfer window I'm afraid. And there is very little in terms of forwards out there that are gettable. That's just how it is.
He's the same irl. Minus the heart thing.

Unread 06-12-2015, 10:53 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He's the same irl. Minus the heart thing.
Shut it, @#%&!.
Closed Thread