Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:42 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Christ almighty.

He's not even signed and he's been written off by some already.

At least (if he does sign) give the lad a chance.
yep

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:44 PM
suedeshoes

17m is too much for a squad player. United need to buy someone who could walk into the first choice team or no-one at all. Those saying he's no better than Nani are spot on.

Whats Tosic for?

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:46 PM
armchair

Valie out!

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
17m is too much for a squad player. United need to buy someone who could walk into the first choice team or no-one at all. Those saying he's no better than Nani are spot on.

Whats Tosic for?
Quite a pertinent question in my opinion.

He seems to have a lot of talent, has been doing the Evra-style core strength program to get physically ready for the league & plays on the left... you'd have thought that for the money we alledgedly coughed up he'd be somewhere near the action? Nani is better on the right, we can save the £££ for a striker & move Ronnie central (where he seems to want to be anyway) & have Valencia as the 3rd wide man to fill in with Nani capable of covering either flank.

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:54 PM
dunk

Ronaldo has said recently that he doesn't want to play as a striker and that he prefers playing on the wing.

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

For me we need someone who will hit the dead ball line on the right

Tosic will play mainly left side

Nani and Ronaldo can both play either side

Hargreaves and Park can do a good job

So the one glaring weakness in the squad is someone specifically to operate on the right side - currently even Giggs is still being used there from time to time ffs (West Ham away)

Nani's development problems are based around consistency and confidence imo. Hardly think bringing another player in with his talent would be a downward step for the squad.

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:02 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ronaldo has said recently that he doesn't want to play as a striker and that he prefers playing on the wing.
And Rooney has said he prefers playing up front rather than out wide.

hmmm

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
valencia has been very good for wigan. what's all the 'he's crap' stuff about? stood out a mile for them this year, looks a real talent. plays with intelligence as well - very good movement off the ball. no guarantees that he'll be a success but no reason to think he won't.

also it fits with united's (recent) policy of buying relatively young. i'd be very happy to see him come. at the least we'll have a genuine winger who looks to take the full back on, something ronnie hasn't really done much of for a couple of years (not a criticism, just the way he and we have evolved).

tbph, i trust fergie's judgement and i'm always excited when we buy a young attacking player, especially one who loves to beat a man.
That's all very well and good Borsuk, but at the moment I can't take you seriously.. it's that avatar, it gives me a headache

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:20 PM
armchair

We may as well buy Duff too. He'll be cheap.

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Stickman

Im certainly not writing Valencia off, im just not writing off Nani just yet either. I think it would be a real shame to get rid of him this summer so quickly even though I havent been impressed with him on the whole. As alluded to before, lets see the coaches earn there money with this one. He has the tools to be a £#%&!ing menace for us on the wings.

Valencia looks like he would fit in pretty well - but at 17M I have to ask whats the £#%&!ing point? Think some are just desperate and too giddy for new players tbh, dont get me wrong, we're all guilty of that from time to time, it freshens things up if nothing else. But I think we should persevere with Nani and judge him on 09/10.

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:05 PM
magic_cantona

Berbatov is £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:05 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
That's all very well and good Borsuk, but at the moment I can't take you seriously.. it's that avatar, it gives me a headache
there you go

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:10 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Tevez is the best.

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Tevez is the best.

Tevez > Nani

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Im certainly not writing Valencia off, im just not writing off Nani just yet either. I think it would be a real shame to get rid of him this summer so quickly even though I havent been impressed with him on the whole. As alluded to before, lets see the coaches earn there money with this one. He has the tools to be a £#%&!ing menace for us on the wings.

Valencia looks like he would fit in pretty well - but at 17M I have to ask whats the £#%&!ing point? Think some are just desperate and too giddy for new players tbh, dont get me wrong, we're all guilty of that from time to time, it freshens things up if nothing else. But I think we should persevere with Nani and judge him on 09/10.
Spot on.

I don't think anyone is writing Valencia off, if he comes then he'll get my support. I'm just saying that I don't think he's that much better than Nani, and for the money being talked about would prefer it to be spent elsewhere while giving Nani a chance to prove himself. Putting faith in one of our current young players, mental I know.

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You've practically been staring at it for the last week anyway
you can have front row tickets to see "To view my arse" in the west end.

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Fountz

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
there you go

Unread 09-06-2009, 04:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
you can have front row tickets to see "To view my arse" in the west end.
I don't want to see it, you viewing it is quite amusing though.

I almost want us to put in a bid for Kenwyne Jones

Unread 10-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Aloe Blacc

Ecuador vs Argentina tonight at 9:30 on sky and Valencia is back from suspension.

Atom Ant to wing his way into United fans hearts by running Heinze into submission....

Unread 10-06-2009, 07:32 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Ecuador vs Argentina tonight at 9:30 on sky and Valencia is back from suspension.

Atom Ant to wing his way into United fans hearts by running Heinze into submission....

please stay on this forum this time. if anyone is troubling you just throw me a pm and ill sort it.
Closed Thread