United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2009, 11:27 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yeah, and he wants to clamp down on dangerous tackles unless they're on 'arrogant' players juggling the ball.

What a @#%&!.
Witness his differring reactions to the, very similar, challenges on Nani and Eduardo. How he still has any credibility is beyond me. Anyway, three league titles since 1990. Well done prof.

Unread 06-03-2009, 11:30 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Witness his differring reactions to the, very similar, challenges on Nani and Eduardo. How he still has any credibility is beyond me. Anyway, three league titles since 1990. Well done prof.
Hopefully he and his shower of moaning @#%&!s will have to give us a guard of honour when they come to OT

Unread 06-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Well as I've said I do respect the football they play but you are quite right.

Another thing is that Fergie always gets stick for being a sore loser, which he is to an extent, but he at least has always made a point of congratulating the winner whether Maureen or Wenger. Contrast that with Wenger saying things like 'the best team did not win the league' in 2003.

Graceless @#%&!.

I could rant about him all day.

Unread 06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

In other news, Fabregas said yesterday that Arsenal and Barcelona play the best football in Europe.
Any team that's just played out 4 goalless draws on the spin against mediocre opposition, mostly at home, deserves to be talked about in such a way.

Unread 06-03-2009, 11:51 AM
quackhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
i've not got time to broswe this thread but anyone seen this?:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Manchester United's players get more protection from referees. He also says Cristiano Ronaldo's "arrogance" is "provocative" but wants a special committee formed for over the top tackles. (Various)

special treatement? as in we don't get a £#%&!ing thing? was he WATCHING the game on wednesday the absolute tool

as for ronaldo... arrogance? if dancing round opponents is arrogance....
As much as it pains me to be vaguely fair to Wenger, the full quote is

"Sometimes I feel Manchester United get too much protection and sometimes they don't get enough and Ronaldo is a specific example of that.

"Sometimes his arrogance is provocative - and his class as well. But when a player is not protected it's not right. When there is a bad tackle you have to be punished and get sent off the pitch."

Which to me reads like he's saying Ronaldo doesn't get enough protection.

A lot of places seem to be cutting off "But when a player is not protected it's not right. When there is a bad tackle you have to be punished and get sent off the pitch." to make it sound more inflammatory.

Though Wenger is still a myopic @#%&!.

Unread 06-03-2009, 11:58 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Hopefully he and his shower of moaning @#%&!s will have to give us a guard of honour when they come to OT
I'd prefer it if it was City giving us the guard of honour.

Unread 06-03-2009, 11:59 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackhandle
As much as it pains me to be vaguely fair to Wenger, the full quote is

"Sometimes I feel Manchester United get too much protection and sometimes they don't get enough and Ronaldo is a specific example of that.

"Sometimes his arrogance is provocative - and his class as well. But when a player is not protected it's not right. When there is a bad tackle you have to be punished and get sent off the pitch."

Which to me reads like he's saying Ronaldo doesn't get enough protection.

A lot of places seem to be cutting off "But when a player is not protected it's not right. When there is a bad tackle you have to be punished and get sent off the pitch." to make it sound more inflammatory.

Though Wenger is still a myopic @#%&!.
Aye well. In an ironic echo of his words about Ronaldo, Wenger is himself a victim of a similar dichotomy: He talks so much %@#$&!s that the assumption is he's always talking %@#$&!s.

Unread 06-03-2009, 12:02 PM
redman

Wenger has over the years shown he can be a good manager and be a total #@&%! at the same time, his total one sided views really £#%&! me off, this is a manager who back that animal Keown when he charged at Ruud like a street thug, Wenger sees nothing but knows everything, he has spawned a generation of Arsenal fans who are like him, I hated their fans before Winger but now I despise them, where else would winning nothing for 4 years (hopefully) be accepted, Newcastle, Man City, Blackburn etc, they have found their level.

Unread 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
That would be brilliant.It would kill them.

Unread 06-03-2009, 12:04 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
That would be brilliant.It would kill them.
They wouldn't do it.

Unread 06-03-2009, 12:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

I'm gonna £#%&! 'im up yo'!

Unread 06-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Liverpool!

Unread 06-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
Wenger has over the years shown he can be a good manager and be a total #@&%! at the same time, his total one sided views really £#%&! me off, this is a manager who back that animal Keown when he charged at Ruud like a street thug, Wenger sees nothing but knows everything, he has spawned a generation of Arsenal fans who are like him, I hated their fans before Winger but now I despise them, where else would winning nothing for 4 years (hopefully) be accepted, Newcastle, Man City, Blackburn etc, they have found their level.
too £#%&!ing true

"we play the best football"

erm, but we score more, concede less, win more and lose less

and no matter what anyone says, the football we played last year and particularly the year before was breathtaking for its pace, incision and devastating results. goals from everywhere, fantastic passing, movement, beating players and individual brilliance on top...plus some £#%&!ing big eared silverware to show for it
Closed Thread