United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 11-06-2024, 11:09 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Now Pires was overrated. Seem to recall Arsenal fans saying he was better than Giggs. Maybe the first player I can remember really taking the piss with diving too.
the leg flick for the penalty against portsmouth.... invincible cheats.

can't believe neville g and keano using the "invincibles" tag, too. as if they didn't lose a game that season. we should still have won the league.

Unread 11-06-2024, 11:14 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post

can't believe neville g and keano using the "invincibles" tag, too. as if they didn't lose a game that season. we should still have won the league.
Yes! Felt like every time I watched Arsenal he would dive. All these years later and it’s the norm.

Still maintain Giggs was better than him too.

Unread 11-06-2024, 11:34 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Still maintain Giggs was better than him too.
I don't think that this is a contentious view. it would be laughable to suggest otherwise.

Unread 11-06-2024, 11:51 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
my proposals:
-okocha
-ginola
-sterling
-bergkamp
-de gea
Naaah.

The rest maybe. Bergkamp was top class.

Unread 11-06-2024, 12:04 PM
jem

still won't forgive him tripping irwin (or two cole goals being ruled out for non-existent offsides), but still.....

Unread 11-06-2024, 02:16 PM
AK14

He was a fantastic player but also overrated.

Because of the United hatred bias and him being French he’s seen as a better player than Keane, which of course he wasn’t.

Unread 11-06-2024, 11:37 PM
Buck

I don't think he was overrated exactly. Just that his rivalry with Keane as a head to head is made out to be like it was 50-50 between the two and whoever won on the day would lead their team to victory. When in fact Keane won the majority of those midfield battles and even when Arsenal won a few of the matches it wasn't really Vieria who I felt was MOTM. I never felt Bergkamp troubled United much either compared to a player like Ljunberg but obviously Bergkamp was a world class player.

Unread 12-06-2024, 07:14 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
I never felt Bergkamp troubled United much either
He didn't. Often invisible at Old Trafford too.

Unread 12-06-2024, 07:25 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Of all of the people they've ripped the piss out of, could neither of them, just once say "but you lost more games than the Treble winning United team, didn't you?".

Then "why do you think you didn't win the champions league?" - cos they weren't good enough and loved to bottle it?

I've watched a couple episodes of the overlap (loved the Wazza one) but I find a lot of them just meh. Obviously can't stand listening to the scouse #@&%!, like Ian Wright though.

Unread 12-06-2024, 07:36 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Of all of the people they've ripped the piss out of, could neither of them, just once say "but you lost more games than the Treble winning United team, didn't you?".

Then "why do you think you didn't win the champions league?" - cos they weren't good enough and loved to bottle it?

I've watched a couple episodes of the overlap (loved the Wazza one) but I find a lot of them just meh. Obviously can't stand listening to the scouse #@&%!, like Ian Wright though.
It’s getting boring tbh.

Unread 12-06-2024, 08:13 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post

When Carragher isn't there it's alright. I just can't take him seriously talking about what it takes to win the league when he has absolutely no idea

Unread 12-06-2024, 08:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Carragher talking about coming on as sub and deciding to stick one on him. This is how it went

Unread 12-06-2024, 08:32 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Carragher talking about coming on as sub and deciding to stick one on him. This is how it went

https://x.com/davolaar/status/180064...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

vieira jinks past him, then passes straight to the opposition. classic pat.

Unread 13-06-2024, 09:20 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
I shall try & find some time to watch that, probobly on sunday, instead of watching the england game

Unread 14-06-2024, 10:36 AM
AK14

Quote:
vieira jinks past him, then passes straight to the opposition. classic pat.

Unread 15-06-2024, 08:21 PM
est.1878

Unread 15-06-2024, 10:22 PM
Dacter