United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 06-06-2024, 09:32 PM
Hans Rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
It’s massively relevant what they paid players. We consistently lost our top players to Real Madrid whilst we were the best in the world whereas Aguero and plenty of others, remained with the project whilst city were still doing their curly Watts and blue ketchup thing. It’s absolute bullshit that they weren’t paying multiple wages to the same players and I’ll be gob smacked if pep doesn’t have multiple consultancy roles still now . Pep even complains about how shit the club still basically is now yet the loyalty of players to the project is insane. It’s bent as £#%&!.
We lost Ronaldo.

All the others we had there best years and shipped them out.

Unread 06-06-2024, 09:48 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste View Post
There's an easy way to keep clubs in line

Stop paying stupid transfer fees and stop paying players obscene wages.
https://tenor.com/bv8BD.gif

Unread 07-06-2024, 07:48 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Imagine how much they must have been chucking at players like Aguero and Silva.

They’re thick as pigshit.

People trying to make out Ferguson breaking the transfer record is the same
The Mancini Files would be a great name for a film

Unread 07-06-2024, 08:32 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
The Mancini Files would be a great name for a film
To give Mancini his due, he does give good "film poster" vibes

Unread 07-06-2024, 11:23 AM
Lok

Everton lost 6pts for accidentally going over the thresholds. It was something to do with a cost that they believed didn't count towards the total (many things are exempt).

It was one charge.

City have 115 charges against them and most of them relate to them purposefully breaking rules. And they have clearly broken the thresholds by hundreds of millions, maybe even billions.

The only fair outcome is expulsion to the National League and being stripped of their titles. But it seems impossible to believe they'll have the balls to do it.

They've cheated on a scale that you wouldn't even believe possible. I get that they don't agree with the rules and people might have sympathy with that. But it doesn't mean you can just go ahead and break them purposefully. It's like a drunk driver showing up in court and saying he should be allowed to drink as much as he wants before he goes for a drive.

Unread 07-06-2024, 12:40 PM
croady26

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
Everton lost 6pts for accidentally going over the thresholds. It was something to do with a cost that they believed didn't count towards the total (many things are exempt).

It was one charge.

City have 115 charges against them and most of them relate to them purposefully breaking rules. And they have clearly broken the thresholds by hundreds of millions, maybe even billions.

The only fair outcome is expulsion to the National League and being stripped of their titles. But it seems impossible to believe they'll have the balls to do it.

They've cheated on a scale that you wouldn't even believe possible. I get that they don't agree with the rules and people might have sympathy with that. But it doesn't mean you can just go ahead and break them purposefully. It's like a drunk driver showing up in court and saying he should be allowed to drink as much as he wants before he goes for a drive.
Yeah absolutely certain the authorities will never have the guts to strip them of titles a la Armstrong

Unread 07-06-2024, 12:40 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

It was one charge.

The punishment will be really bad (good) - why else try and circumvent who whole apparatus by going to the courts?

I'm pretty confident city's days as a top flight club are numbered.

Unread 07-06-2024, 12:47 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
seems unlikely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
The punishment will be really bad (good) - why else try and circumvent who whole apparatus by going to the courts?

I am praying for you to be right

Unread 07-06-2024, 12:52 PM
Fat Al

The longer this goes on & the more noise is made about it, the greater the pressure on the PL to properly £#%&! city.

Unread 07-06-2024, 12:53 PM
Lok

Quote:

I just don't see it happening. UEFA found them guilty and they mostly got away with it. They didn't even miss a single season in the Champions League.

There will be some bullshit technicality that means they get away with it.

Unread 07-06-2024, 12:58 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
I just don't see it happening. UEFA found them guilty and they mostly got away with it. They didn't even miss a single season in the Champions League.

They appealed UEFAs ruling to CAS. Most of it was dismissed but CAS fined them 10 million euros for failing to comply with UEFA. £#%&! all to a club like city, but it shows they weren't innocent. IIRC, some of the charges were dropped because the time statute ran out as well, so UEFA could 't prosecute.

Regarding this case, city cannot take it to CAS.

Unread 07-06-2024, 01:02 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post
They appealed UEFAs ruling to CAS. Most of it was dismissed but CAS fined them 10 million euros for failing to comply with UEFA. £#%&! all to a club like city, but it shows they weren't innocent. IIRC, some of the charges were dropped because the time statute ran out as well, so UEFA could 't prosecute.

Regarding this case, city cannot take it to CAS.
I'm familiar with it. They pretty much got away with it, the fine is meaningless.

Whilst they can't go to CAS and there is not time limitations in this case, they will still find a way out of it. They'll be spending hundreds of millions on lawyers to try and find a loophole somewhere.

Unread 07-06-2024, 01:05 PM
silv

Quote:
I'm familiar with it. They pretty much got away with it, the fine is meaningless.

Whilst they can't go to CAS and there is not time limitations in this case, they will still find a way out of it. They'll be spending hundreds of millions on lawyers to try and find a loophole somewhere.
Agreed, I just can't see anyone being able to harm them.

It sucks.

Unread 07-06-2024, 01:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Have you not comprehended what they've just done?

Unread 07-06-2024, 01:13 PM
Buckwheat

I'm the same. As fun as it is to see them being torn to shreds in the media, I don't believe for one second that anything meaningful will be done. It'll be something like a decent (30???) points deduction and a fine.

And yes, I do understand what they've done. But I also understand the power of money.

Unread 07-06-2024, 01:19 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Have you not comprehended what they've just done?
This 100%.

City have brought a counter action to use as a bargaining chip. But their bargaining chip is effectively to claim that the rules they themselves signed up to are wrong. Basically that the prem league shouldn’t exist as it currently does - it’s mental and forces the Prem to take an ultra hard line to defend its very existence when a softer punishment, but unpalatable to city, was probably available.

It’s smacks of a regime that isn’t used to abiding by rules imposed by others and has a culture of paying its way through any issue. Who knew?

City have elevated this in a way only a mental regime would.

Expel them and they can play Miami Dolphins FC and UAE FC on a loop for the rest of their inconsequential existence.

Unread 07-06-2024, 01:32 PM
armchair

I think relegation and a points deduction would be fair. Probably best for all the millions of hardcore cityzens who have been driven out by gloryhunters. Will be incredible them bringing 30k to Preston NE etc.

Unread 07-06-2024, 01:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I think relegation and a points deduction would be fair. Probably best for all the millions of hardcore cityzens who have been driven out by gloryhunters. Will be incredible them bringing 30k to Preston NE etc.
Blackburn better get that hill ready.

Seeing loads of ABUs on Twitter now claiming that not only was United's spending under Fergie bigger than city's now, but virtually none of the youth players actually came through at United. Apparently, Giggs was a city product and Beckham came from Spurs. Weird

Reminds me of when I was at uni and some ABU moron claimed the Nevilles were Bury products.

Nobody causes nervous breakdowns like we do.

Unread 07-06-2024, 01:42 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
I'm the same. As fun as it is to see them being torn to shreds in the media, I don't believe for one second that anything meaningful will be done. It'll be something like a decent (30???) points deduction and a fine.

And yes, I do understand what they've done. But I also understand the power of money.
Money doesn't win you cases in the High Court. You can't bribe the higher judiciary with trips out to Dubai and cocaine and hookers.

This is a desperate act. A last throw of the dice. Their goose is cooked. Their ham sandwich has no cheese. They are kaput.

Unread 07-06-2024, 01:50 PM
silv

Quote:
Money doesn't win you cases in the High Court. You can't bribe the higher judiciary with trips out to Dubai and cocaine and hookers.

This is a desperate act. A last throw of the dice. Their goose is cooked. Their ham sandwich has no cheese. They are kaput.
Can you explain in a nutshell for those of us who aren't legally minded, what they've done and why it won't work?