United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2012, 11:02 AM
JakeB

Certainly is a big list of worrying things at United right now

No money, neighbours the richest club in the world, the main reason for all our success must be close to retiring, youth system isn't producing what we'd want, amount of injuries we constantly have is bizarre, style of football has gone down the shitter.

Rio, Evra, Vidic, Giggs, Scholes, Park are all over 30 now, Rooney (despite his goals) not looking the player he used to, missing out on our top targets each summer, Chicharito having serious problems with his form after a brilliant first season, Cleverley constantly injured, young players trying to £#%&! off elsewhere.

And many, many more

Unread 29-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Mr_Ed

I think we could get relegated in the next 10 years - no wum

Unread 29-05-2012, 12:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
have you seen the rest of the premier...i mean the greatest league in the world.

Unread 29-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Fountz

Cool

Quote:
Are we in danger of becoming "ordinary"?
:shakehead:

Unread 29-05-2012, 12:52 PM
borsuk

Quote:
ffs

in answer to the original question... any player signing for united is a huge event in the player's country. when kuszczak signed it was all over the papers for weeks, endless £#%&!ing interviews etc. when szczęsny went to arsenal there was barely a peep. even dudek to real wasn't comparable. same with park in korea, same with kagawa in japan if he signs.

united were famous all over the world pre-ferguson. 26 years without a title, liverpool hoovering up trophies and you could still start a conversation with 'bobby charlton' almost anywhere. united will never be 'ordinary'.

Unread 29-05-2012, 02:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Only if we actually go bust, IMO. And I still think that we are, ultimately, "too big to fail".

Even the ABUs (well, most of them) would miss us, deep down

Unread 29-05-2012, 02:54 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
you could still start a conversation with 'bobby charlton' almost anywhere.
Now that's how United open negotiations with prospective players

Unread 29-05-2012, 02:55 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Now that's how United open negotiations with prospective players

Unread 29-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

in answer to the original question... any player signing for united is a huge event in the player's country. when kuszczak signed it was all over the papers for weeks, endless £#%&!ing interviews etc. when szczęsny went to arsenal there was barely a peep. even dudek to real wasn't comparable. same with park in korea, same with kagawa in japan if he signs.
My brother in Japan tells me United are mentioned every day on telly at the moment as they're all going nuts about the possibility of him signing.

Unread 29-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Harri Jaffa

Zorg's brother is a well regarded as one of the worlds biggest liars

He also lives in Iceland Zorgers you £#%&!ing weirdo

Unread 29-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Fountz

think we could do with a new smiley !

:slaproundthefacepullyourselftogetherman:

or...

Unread 29-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Sparky***

We're well on our way to becoming arsenal, but without the occasional pretty football.

Medium-Lower priced signings for £12-15m without ever really improving the starting 11, having a squad filled with mostly decent players but nobody genuinely top class. Finish comfortably in the top 4 every year without ever looking like top title contenders. etc etc.

We may eek another run at the league with the current crop, but i wouldn't expect many more for the next few years.

City will go on to dominate for a bit. Chelsea, with Roman's renewed enthusiasm thanks to the champions league win, will go on and build a top squad for another £200m and keep them there or thereabouts. I reckon it'll be City and Chelsea top two for the next few years.

I wonder who the next 'foreign billionaire' project will be? Some nothing club plucked from mediocrity and blessed with hundreds of millions of unearned pounds? Stoke? West Brom?

Unread 29-05-2012, 05:20 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
WTF? i have absolutely no idea why i've written* that.

Complete £#%&!wit.

*or is it wrote?

ffs.
You were correct. Should have stood your ground.

Unread 29-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We're well on our way to becoming arsenal, but without the occasional pretty football.

Medium-Lower priced signings for £12-15m without ever really improving the starting 11, having a squad filled with mostly decent players but nobody genuinely top class. Finish comfortably in the top 4 every year without ever looking like top title contenders. etc etc.

We may eek another run at the league with the current crop, but i wouldn't expect many more for the next few years.

City will go on to dominate for a bit. Chelsea, with Roman's renewed enthusiasm thanks to the champions league win, will go on and build a top squad for another £200m and keep them there or thereabouts. I reckon it'll be City and Chelsea top two for the next few years.

I wonder who the next 'foreign billionaire' project will be? Some nothing club plucked from mediocrity and blessed with hundreds of millions of unearned pounds? Stoke? West Brom?
FFP says no.

Unread 29-05-2012, 08:34 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
I'd well look forward to that.

Taking the piss at every away game in the First/Second Division/Championship/Sinkingship/whatever it's called next year. No Chinese daytrippers buying tickets off the web for our games at Barnsley or Peterborough.

Would be mental. Come on Fergie, sort it out

Unread 29-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I'd well look forward to that.

Taking the piss at every away game in the First/Second Division/Championship/Sinkingship/whatever it's called next year. No Chinese daytrippers buying tickets off the web for our games at Barnsley or Peterborough.

Would be mental. Come on Fergie, sort it out
Plus Giggsy would last even longer dropping down a division.

Unread 29-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Don Gorgon

Wouldn't mind a relegation with-in the next decade, hopefully an emphasis on bringing through more local youngsters also. Sick of it.
Closed Thread