United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 06-06-2024, 09:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Shaw miraculously fit eh
There's no way he's going to be anywhere near match fit.

Honestly can't believe this england squad doesn't have a better option than a one legged luke shaw.

Unread 06-06-2024, 09:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Shaw miraculously fit eh
seems unlikely.

Unread 06-06-2024, 11:58 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Its a £#%&!ing joke, isn't it? Another United player with his priorities all to £#%&!.
Laughable tbh

Unread 07-06-2024, 12:04 AM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
southgate has been waiting a long time to show some palace favouritism.
Putting himself in line for the Palace job after England

Unread 07-06-2024, 12:59 AM
croady26

Fully expect Tomori, White, Colwill and Branthwaite to be around this squad once Southgate is gone, mind you our nation will find something else to complain about.

Whatever I might feel about wanting Southgate to never manage Utd I'm still willing to back the country.

Unread 07-06-2024, 01:46 AM
Stickman

Good for you Croady. You and Neo will get along famously throughout June and July.

Unread 07-06-2024, 09:32 AM
Bobby C

Unread 07-06-2024, 10:35 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie View Post
Putting himself in line for the Palace job after England
Glasner who took over from Woy has done a sensational job in his 5 months, was wanted by Bayern before they got Mekon head.

The squad is weirdly unbalanced when you look at it on paper, we just don't have enough quality at the back in comparison to the forward line, and yet that absolute clean shirt in charge will try & play defensive / counter-attacking & invite pressure instead of attacking & blasting teams out with the world class forward line we have.

Unread 07-06-2024, 11:54 AM
Neo

Quote:
Good for you Croady. You and Neo will get along famously throughout June and July.

I've got my Anyone But England thread in drafts, ready to go live after a few final tweaks.

Reckon it could be a popular one this year, given the lack of United involvement, and anti-Southgate sentiment amongst our support.

Everyone welcome, alongside the ever-presents of me, Bunks, No Fun and the Welsh oddballs.

Unread 07-06-2024, 02:00 PM
Msgr A Brook

I find it baffling nobody has worked out the goalie's too small and shit. Have you seen the #@&%! on corners, if he wasn't wearing a different colour shirt you'd swear it was the left back. Also, hardly seen him play but if Branthwaite can't get in ahead of that lot I seriously have my doubts. Forwards look decent though.

Unread 07-06-2024, 02:05 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post

I've got my Anyone But England thread in drafts, ready to go live after a few final tweaks.

Reckon it could be a popular one this year, given the lack of United involvement, and anti-Southgate sentiment amongst our support.

Everyone welcome, alongside the ever-presents of me, Bunks, No Fun and the Welsh oddballs.
One of my favourite recurring events is England getting knocked out of tournaments and bathing in the tears of the fans (I reckon it’s a bit like adrenochrome).

It might be even funnier watching Wales make total @#%&!s of themselves.

Unread 07-06-2024, 03:05 PM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
One of my favourite recurring events is England getting knocked out of tournaments and bathing in the tears of the fans (I reckon it’s a bit like adrenochrome).

It might be even funnier watching Wales make total @#%&!s of themselves.
My favourite is seeing sad Welsh and Scottish @#%&!s [in BBC's mandatory comprehensive coverage of ALL the UK] in bars in Glasgow and Cardiff - all wearing shirts of the opposition we are playing on the day.

Unread 07-06-2024, 03:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mou Mou Land View Post
My favourite is seeing sad Welsh and Scottish @#%&!s [in BBC's mandatory comprehensive coverage of ALL the UK] in bars in Glasgow and Cardiff - all wearing shirts of the opposition we are playing on the day.
Shots fired at Vedder!

Unread 07-06-2024, 03:26 PM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Shots fired at Vedder!
No shots fired at all to anyone in particular. I just know that for the tournaments we did not play in, I couldn't have given a shit how the rest of the UK was doing - I just don't see why a load of people gather in foreign team's shirts and getting pissed is a sign of their 'sovereignty' and superiority.

It will only be a rehash of 'remember Jinkie' and Gareth Bale %@#$&!s anyway.

Unread 07-06-2024, 03:30 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
No shots fired at all to anyone in particular. I just know that for the tournaments we did not play in, I couldn't have given a shit how the rest of the UK was doing - I just don't see why a load of people gather in foreign team's shirts and getting pissed is a sign of their 'sovereignty' and superiority.

It will only be a rehash of 'remember Jinkie' and Gareth Bale %@#$&!s anyway.
What are your thoughts on people who enjoy watching England lose without resorting to wearing opposition team shirts?

Unread 07-06-2024, 03:35 PM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
What are your thoughts on people who enjoy watching England lose without resorting to wearing opposition team shirts?
@#%&!s.

Unread 07-06-2024, 03:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
@#%&!s.
Amen to that.

God save the King!

Us British bulldogs have got to stick together.

Unread 07-06-2024, 03:39 PM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Amen to that.

God save the King!

Us British bulldogs have got to stick together.

Nice try.

Unread 07-06-2024, 03:46 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Glasner who took over from Woy has done a sensational job in his 5 months, was wanted by Bayern before they got Mekon head.

The squad is weirdly unbalanced when you look at it on paper, we just don't have enough quality at the back in comparison to the forward line, and yet that absolute clean shirt in charge will try & play defensive / counter-attacking & invite pressure instead of attacking & blasting teams out with the world class forward line we have.
don't really agree with this. surely if you've got a shite defence you've got to try and protect it?

also international football has never lent itself well to brilliant attacking football.

being solid and relying on moments of individual brilliance is surely England's best chance of success.

Unread 07-06-2024, 03:55 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
don't really agree with this. surely if you've got a shite defence you've got to try and protect it?

also international football has never lent itself well to brilliant attacking football.

being solid and relying on moments of individual brilliance is surely England's best chance of success.
I think the two losses in the World Cup semi & Euros final last time showed that whilst we were good enough to go 1 nil up in both, they weren't mentally prepared to then push on.

That came from the manager, Southgate is inherently cautious & the difference the opposition managers made in tactically amending their approach showed the impact a capable manager has.

Southgate has done better than any England manager since Ramsey, but he's had comfortably one of the best squads of players in world football to utilise. He's probably done the bare minimum with them, he's certainly not outperformed what talent he has. & his cautious approach will always be a plucky runner up unless he gets lucky & one of his players does something special. Even then, one goal isn't enough - per the World Cup semi & the Euro final last time out.

You need to go for the throat when you get a sniff, England aren't a side than can keep it tight when it comes to facing a top side. We get out thought on the side lines & retreat on the pitch. He needs to grow a pair basically.

He's basically Ole in a waistcoat. Done some good things, then run out of what it really takes.