United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2012, 10:10 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
2nd goal of Neymar's hattrick last night, mother of god...

NEYMAR new great goal (Santos 3x1 Internacional) LIBERTADORES DA AMÉRICA 2012 [14 - 032] - YouTube

Could you imagine if we threw £50m at Santos for him this summer? No neither can I.
that was the 3rd goal (the score on the top is the give away). His 2nd goal was even better.

Unread 12-03-2012, 03:30 PM
S/Side.Red

The thought of him teaming up with Messi at Barca is frightening.

Unread 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The thought of him teaming up with Messi at Barca is frightening.
Would it be a good fit? The whole ethos at Barcelona is about getting the ball to Messi and him being the star. Villa's had some problems adjusting to this, while Big Zlat's failure to adapt saw him booted out after a season . On paper it looks ridiculous, but I have my doubts over whether it would actually work.

Unread 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

sanchez messi neymar

Unread 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Would it be a good fit? The whole ethos at Barcelona is about getting the ball to Messi and him being the star. Villa's had some problems adjusting to this, while Big Zlat's failure to adapt saw him booted out after a season . On paper it looks ridiculous, but I have my doubts over whether it would actually work.
Would be very interesting to see. I think Neymar is a lot more versatile than those two in terms of the areas of the pitch he can perform. Alexis has settled well, but he has nothing like the ego of someone like Neymar. I think Messi's enough of a team player to share the limelight (and the ball) but I wonder if Neymar would have some problems with actually being obliged to pass a lot more often.

Unread 12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Would be very interesting to see. I think Neymar is a lot more versatile than those two in terms of the areas of the pitch he can perform. Alexis has settled well, but he has nothing like the ego of someone like Neymar. I think Messi's enough of a team player to share the limelight (and the ball) but I wonder if Neymar would have some problems with actually being obliged to pass a lot more often.
agreed re neymar's versatility.

if barca get a centre half and neymar (and possibly a left back) they will be even more of a joke

Unread 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
I wonder if Neymar would have some problems with actually being obliged to pass a lot more often.
I think so

I'd like to see him go to a club where he'd be the 'star' and the player around which the attack is built.

Unread 12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Baron

Quote:
I think so

I'd like to see him go to a club where he'd be the 'star' and the player around which the attack is built.

Unread 12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
I think so

He'd be quality at us.

Unread 12-03-2012, 04:12 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Glory is an expensive business

Unread 12-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

He'd be quality at us.
what kind of english is that, pol?

Unread 12-03-2012, 04:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
The thought didn't even enter my head, tbh.

Unread 12-03-2012, 06:26 PM
saffers

Quote:
The thought didn't even enter my head, tbh.
Fergie's still mates with Pini. Prob won't happen but....

I certainly wouldn't want it if the only way it could happen was via new owners. Rather just see it out with the Glazers than be a rich mans plaything. A year or two ago I would answered differently but Ferguson has worked his magic again and we're not really far from a new super team built without outrageous money being splurged - hell, with arms half tied....

We're in too deep with the Glazer, we've come out of the worst of it with loads of league titles and it would have been loads of european cups too had it not been for a barca side peaking. Lets be real, us winning the CL against this Barca side while we're rebuilding would have been an insult tbf.

I am convinced we will topple them in the next few years, whether they sign Neymar or not. It's just what we do.

Unread 06-04-2012, 12:22 AM
saffers

Young Ruud lookalike we have first option on bagging another goal in South America's champions league.

Unread 06-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
2nd goal of Neymar's hattrick last night, mother of god...

NEYMAR new great goal (Santos 3x1 Internacional) LIBERTADORES DA AMÉRICA 2012 [14 - 032] - YouTube

Could you imagine if we threw £50m at Santos for him this summer? No neither can I.

Bad defending.

Unread 19-04-2012, 03:40 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Atlético Nacional’s Darlon Fabon, who earlier this season turned up drunk for training, redeemed himself somewhat by scoring an astonishing goal in last week’s Libertadores Cup win over Universidad de Chile.

Unread 19-04-2012, 03:50 PM
borsuk

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsIDQtRS1Vs

Atlético Nacional’s Darlon Fabon, who earlier this season turned up drunk for training, redeemed himself somewhat by scoring an astonishing goal in last week’s Libertadores Cup win over Universidad de Chile.
obviously a cross

Unread 19-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Ashley's Grime

Shame the copa isn't on espn anymore. It's tucked away on Premier sports now.

Unread 19-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Whalefish

Love a player that turns up wrecked for training. Mmmm, booze.

Unread 11-05-2012, 01:05 AM
The Watcher

Juan Roman's still got it

Santos currently 8-0 up against Bolivar Ganso and Neymar both have two atm.
Closed Thread