United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2010, 10:53 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Default Re: Team v Arsenal

to be honest in the context of the season this is the biggest game so far.

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:01 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
to be honest in the context of the season this is the biggest game so far.
I don't think there's much doubt about that. Massive couple of weeks ending with the Arse and Chelsea playing each other. 4 points for us would be great. 6 points, and I think the rest of the league will only see the back of us.

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:04 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I don't think there's much doubt about that. Massive couple of weeks ending with the Arse and Chelsea playing each other. 4 points for us would be great. 6 points, and I think the rest of the league will only see the back of us.
normally i'd be 'content' if we were going into christmas within a few points of top...but to actually be top, with a game in hand, and unbeaten.......wow just wow.

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Lok

VDS

JOS
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Anderson
Scholes
Fletcher

Nani
Rooney
Obertan (wild card bitches!)

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
VDS

JOS
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Anderson
Scholes
Fletcher

Nani
Rooney
Obertan (wild card bitches!)
Might as well play with ten tbf fat useless @#%&!

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
im nervous right now.
this is the biggest game of the season for me.
im from down south, im not gonna pretend our match against liverpool is the biggest game of the season for me as i couldnt care what you lot think of me.
my family and friends all support arsenal. everyone.
we have to win tonight or ill never hear the end of it...!!!!!!

normal back 5.

midfield three of carrick, big andy and the fletchernator.

front three of rooney, nani and park.
Mans,

we know you is also an arsenal fan, just as gins is a spurs fan, so don't pretend. We love you all the same, doesn't matter which team you support.

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:31 AM
The Watcher

VDS

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Scholes
Anderson

Nani
Park
Rooney

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
VDS

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Scholes
Anderson

Nani
Park
Rooney
has to be this or possibly carrick in for scholes.

i think we will win 2-1

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:33 AM
rebelcountyred

carrick should only play if he wear an electronic collar and gets a shock each time he dithers on the ball.

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:37 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
or possibly carrick in for scholes.
No thanks.

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Baron

Quote:
No thanks.

Can't have Carrick in the side at the moment with his distribution so off, give Arsenal the ball 40 yards from goal as he did against Valencia & it will be the same outcome, they're a pretty quick side.

Still need to go 3 in the middle, but Anderson has pushed his way past Carrick with ease the last few games - usual suspects in the back 5 then Ando, Scholes & Fletch in the middle (Scholes the furthest forward rather than the screening he usually does - the images of Fabregas et al strolling past him are still ripe) & then Rooney left, Berbs & Nani up top.

Expecting a good game & crossing my fingers our defence shows them how it's done. Nani to run riot over the liability that is Clichy.

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:50 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

Can't have Carrick in the side at the moment with his distribution so off, give Arsenal the ball 40 yards from goal as he did against Valencia & it will be the same outcome, they're a pretty quick side.

Still need to go 3 in the middle, but Anderson has pushed his way past Carrick with ease the last few games - usual suspects in the back 5 then Ando, Scholes & Fletch in the middle (Scholes the furthest forward rather than the screening he usually does - the images of Fabregas et al strolling past him are still ripe) & then Rooney left, Berbs & Nani up top.

Expecting a good game & crossing my fingers our defence shows them how it's done. Nani to run riot over the liability that is Clichy.
Are we being presumptuous in assuming Rafael will start. Obviously he should because he's our best right back and I think he will, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Fergie went for the 'experience' of O'Shea.

Unread 13-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Are we being presumptuous in assuming Rafael will start. Obviously he should because he's our best right back and I think he will, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Fergie went for the 'experience' of O'Shea.
Jesus, don't bring me down mate, I've got a bit of a hangover & I'm looking forward to this evening....

Unread 13-12-2010, 12:06 PM
jem

last season at the emirates, scholes marking fabregas looked the mismatch of the season. I'm not sure we'll see much of the ball if their midfield get hold of it. on the other hand, this team could destroy arsenal:

vds

rafa - snoop - vidic - evra

scholes - carrick - ando

nani - berbatov - rooney

expect the little donkey to play at least one of park and fletch, if not both. wouldn't mind park on current form. but we will only start playing when 1 or 2 down. £#%&! playing on the break at home.

obertan and o'shea nowhere near the team.

Unread 13-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Ginners

Quote:

He gave Arsenal’s midfield a footballing lesson at their place last season, no reason why he can’t do so again given the right people around him. Our best midfielder by some distance, he has to play.
ok, well we'll see tonight.......

Unread 13-12-2010, 12:12 PM
jem

scholes would have been sent off in the first 20 mins if he had got close enough to fabregas to clatter him.

Unread 13-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
A year ago I would have said the same thing, but I'm not sure if Fergie is willing to leave out Berbatov now. Plus, Rooney is hardly in the form he was when he was banging goals in for fun in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 last season.

I'd be happy to seen Wayne out on the left cutting inside to support Berbatov.

I would like to see:

------------Van Der Sar------------

Rafael---Ferdinand---Vidic---Evra

----------Fletcher--Carrick----------

--------------Anderson-------------

Nani--------------------------Rooney

--------------Berbatov----------------

Don't mind if its Scholes or Anderson playing the more advanced midfield role, just as long as they get license to go forward. Two deeper-lying midfielders should allow that.
I agree with this side.

Scholes and Anderson would be a risk starting together, as one has been injured and the other is ususally £#%&!ed after about an hour.

Unread 13-12-2010, 12:36 PM
fix up look SHARPE

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-Szczesny.html

Unread 13-12-2010, 01:05 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Rooney will not be played as a lone striker. NFT

Unread 13-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Lord Greybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
That surname is one hell of a scrabble score.

If you are on Borsers, can you tell us phonetically how it is pronounced so we can laugh at the commentators getting it wrong.

Makes PiG name look like "Smith".
Closed Thread