United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: The follow through...
Agree - good defending... 6 37.50%
Disagree - he could of killed him 10 62.50%
Unsure. 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 14-06-2024, 10:02 PM
jem

if someone did that to me, I'd want a red, a penalty and £#%&!ing reparations.

Unread 14-06-2024, 10:05 PM
est.1878

Game's gone

Unread 14-06-2024, 10:06 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
As clear a red as I've ever seen.

I've played, coached and watched. There's no argument to be made that that isn't a straight red card for dangerous play.
Yep, agreed. Interesting thought that without var it would not have been noticed. I hate var by the way but have to acknowledge when it gets something right that otherwise would not have been.

Unread 14-06-2024, 10:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Bunch of weak men in here....

Not just that challenge tonight, ANY challenge where the defending team get the ball first...

No foul ..

We used to be mental.

Unread 14-06-2024, 10:10 PM
Lok

It's one of the most obvious red cards you'll ever see. Completely reckless. Not sure how anyone can think otherwise

Unread 14-06-2024, 10:13 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

Not just that challenge tonight, ANY challenge where the defending team get the ball first...

No foul ..

We used to be mental.
Hard times make strong men.

Strong men make good times.

Good times make weak men.

Weak men have weak ankles.

Scottish hatchet men break weak ankles

Weak ankles lead to hard times.

Circle of life mufasa.

Unread 14-06-2024, 10:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

No foul ..

We used to be mental.

Unread 14-06-2024, 10:44 PM
Sparky***

years ago it would have been a yellow and a pen. Scholes did it in the champions league semi in 1999 and got a yellow, missed the final.

If they're going to dish out red cards these days for shielding the ball like Rashford did at Copenhagen then that two footed lunge is a red all day. That's football now, you can't just launch into ankle breaking tackles and not be punished.

Unread 14-06-2024, 11:45 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

I don’t think he ‘got’ the ball today he quarter half sliced an eighth of a corner of it as he almost broke Gundogan’s leg.

I get where your coming from I think if someone genuinely plays the ball first and the follow through connects it shouldn’t be a foul. But that wasn’t today. Obvious pen for me Clive.

Unread 15-06-2024, 12:06 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
A hill I'm willing to die on.....

This Scotland pen (AND red) the onana wolves and pen (later in the season)

A spurs one....

Imo;

You shouldn't be awarded pens for good defending..

As an ex striker if I'm going in for the ball, to score, I Expect to be clattered, if it's a header from a cross, if it's a ball bouncing around in the area, we're going in for it, as a striker and centre back...

It's 100% a Vid / VAR / SKY / TV thing...

A follow through tackle or punch isn't a foul....
Seriously, call the FA and ask for your money back.

Unread 15-06-2024, 01:10 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
years ago it would have been a yellow and a pen. Scholes did it in the champions league semi in 1999 and got a yellow, missed the final.

If they're going to dish out red cards these days for shielding the ball like Rashford did at Copenhagen then that two footed lunge is a red all day. That's football now, you can't just launch into ankle breaking tackles and not be punished.
https://youtu.be/a6O-M-9NaCE?si=ZVPnjQeFz5gQoyyS
Whilst Scholes likely sees red today for that tackle, this one looked a lot more forceful and the intent is simply to banjo the player. Had a huge element of “£#%&! it” about it. He doesn’t make that tackle in that manner if it’s 0-0.

Unread 15-06-2024, 07:45 AM
pedr0

onana got absolutely nowhere near the ball against wolves. wtaf are you on about.

Unread 15-06-2024, 08:06 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
onana got absolutely nowhere near the ball against wolves. wtaf are you on about.
My personal peeve with the Onana one was the coverage of it.Keepers have gotten away with that since time but when we did it….

It was like one of those annoying unwritten rules that keepers didn't get pulled for that. There was more precedent not to award it than award it - daft as that may be…

Unread 15-06-2024, 09:03 AM
shenwen

It was a £#%&!ing dreadful tackle. Imagine that was done against one of our players and no pen and no card?

Unread 15-06-2024, 09:28 AM
magic_cantona

What we saying about Ben Thatcher vs Pedro Mendes, Bunks? Ball, then the man = PLAY ON!! ?

Unread 15-06-2024, 09:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post

Unread 15-06-2024, 10:42 AM
Jack Duckworth

It was one of the most blatant reds you'll ever see, you crank

I thought coaches knew?

Unread 15-06-2024, 10:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Can't I'm afraid, just won 3-1 away from home....

An absolute master class in management....

You all know the types of challenges I mean, spurs have 100% had one this last season, where a defender / keeper clears the ball but his follow through takes out a man ...

It used to be as an attacker if you put your body in there expect to get CLATTERED, the games gone.

Enjoy your slow mo VAR pens...

Unread 15-06-2024, 12:14 PM
pc6090

Seems a strange hill to die on trying to defend this tackle.

RIP bunks.

Unread 15-06-2024, 12:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090 View Post
Seems a strange hill to die on trying to defend this tackle.

RIP bunks.
New to bunks?