United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstu7
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/...d-face-united/

If he's fit then get him lvg, if he's half fit then get him lvg.
As long as we get Vidal as well

Vidal, Strooters, Herrera.... £#%&! me, you wait 8 years for a decent midfielder....

Unread 24-07-2014, 09:16 AM
The Return of JC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
As long as we get Vidal as well

Vidal, Strooters, Herrera.... £#%&! me, you wait 8 years for a decent midfielder....
then one comes along and two £#%&! us off!

Unread 26-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Aman27deep

'I never usually say anything about individual players. It is my vision that we talk about a team and not individual players.

'But Strootman I can judge. He is injured for more than six months. We have to wait and see how he comes back. It is not easy to say how he comes back from injury, but we will wait and see.'

Unread 26-07-2014, 08:34 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
'I never usually say anything about individual players. It is my vision that we talk about a team and not individual players.

'But Strootman I can judge. He is injured for more than six months. We have to wait and see how he comes back. It is not easy to say how he comes back from injury, but we will wait and see.'
Strooters>Vidal

Unread 26-07-2014, 08:38 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Strooters>Vidal

6 months is to long to wait though, our midfield still isn't good enough.

Unread 26-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Pop

Quote:
Strooters>Vidal

Better name too.

'Big Strooters'

Unread 26-07-2014, 08:54 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
6 months is to long to wait though, our midfield still isn't good enough.
I could be wrong, but I'm sure I've read that he's back training and is ahead of schedule?

Unread 26-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Strooters>Vidal

They are completely different players...

Unread 27-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Aman27deep

'What can I say about the rumours (about Strootman joining United)...'

'Maybe after a three-digit offer (i.e. 100 million euros), then we will sit down and think about it.'

'Kevin is following a normal recovery programme. He is fine. He will start running soon'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ampaig n=1490

Unread 27-07-2014, 09:55 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
'What can I say about the rumours (about Strootman joining United)...'

'Maybe after a three-digit offer (i.e. 100 million euros), then we will sit down and think about it.'

'Kevin is following a normal recovery programme. He is fine. He will start running soon'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ampaig n=1490
Off.

Unread 27-07-2014, 09:57 AM
dunk

He's not even running yet. We'd be stupid to consider buying him before Jan at the earliest.

Unread 27-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's not even running yet. We'd be stupid to consider buying him before Jan at the earliest.
Caution is needed, no major rush for his signature when he was at PSV but now after a major injury he is an elite midfielder? Gervinho has ripped up Serie A in that same Roma side.

Unread 27-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Better name too.

'Big Strooters'

.....more to the point

Unread 27-07-2014, 03:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Is there any suggestion we will?

Unread 27-07-2014, 04:38 PM
24hr Leavesey

Nervous about this tbh. Should wait until next summer for the strootdog at an absolute minimum. Compare it the Van Nistlerooy situation where at least he spent a full season in a physical league before we went back in.

Unread 27-07-2014, 04:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Caution is needed, no major rush for his signature when he was at PSV but now after a major injury he is an elite midfielder? Gervinho has ripped up Serie A in that same Roma side.
The lad was already slow and immobile before his injury. He's not really a defensive midfield player, nor is he going to get on the ball constantly and run a game. Always felt he was more suited to Italian football and a Roma midfield where he's between De Rossi and Pjanic.

And van Gaal's supposed 'confirmation of interest' yesterday was nothing of the sort. I expect he'd want one midfielder with more defensive instincts, and one with the energy to cover ground more efficiently. Vidal to Strootman would be a very strange direction to go in.

Unread 27-07-2014, 04:41 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The lad was already slow and immobile before his injury. He's not really a defensive midfield player, nor is he going to get on the ball constantly and run a game. Always felt he was more suited to Italian football and a Roma midfield where he's between De Rossi and Pjanic.

And van Gaal's supposed 'confirmation of interest' yesterday was nothing of the sort. I expect he'd want one midfielder with more defensive instincts, and one with the energy to cover ground more efficiently. Vidal to Strootman would be a very strange direction to go in.
He was a huge fan of Strootman as the Dutch manager though and was on record as saying he was the key to his system. I'd imagine that's why a lot of people would expect that he'd be interested in bringing him to United.

Unread 27-07-2014, 04:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
He was a huge fan of Strootman as the Dutch manager though and was on record as saying he was the key to his system. I'd imagine that's why a lot of people would expect that he'd be interested in bringing him to United.
I'd be a huge fan of Strootman if my alternative was Jonathan De Guzman, tbf.

Not saying he's a poor player, but I'd be surprised if there was major interest there, especially in this system. I guess we'll see

Unread 27-07-2014, 04:50 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'd be a huge fan of Strootman if my alternative was Jonathan De Guzman, tbf.

Not saying he's a poor player, but I'd be surprised if there was major interest there, especially in this system. I guess we'll see
Fair point

Unread 27-07-2014, 04:57 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Strooters>Vidal

Errrr no.
Closed Thread