United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-06-2024, 09:54 AM
redhegemony

Might have engineered a brilliant cup win against the 115ers but is ETH capable of dealing with the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse in case they pop along next season.

Not sure Shaw will cope with famine too well

Unread 13-06-2024, 10:00 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taibi View Post
Still can’t get my head around keeping him. He’s been shite and it’s rewarding failure. He’ll be out before Christmas and you can write this season off too but at least we might not have Sancho, eh?
I mean, maybe it'll all click?

It does seem a lot like the OGS delusion that descended over our fanbase just a few short years ago again though.

"He won the league in Norway!"
"Cardiff were going down anyway!"
"Ole gets us - there's a cultural reset!"
"How could he be expected to compete without Sancho?"

When the cognitive dissonance sees them dismissing managers who've actually won the biggest trophies while making outlandish excuses for the incumbent, i start to worry.

Unread 13-06-2024, 10:05 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Comparing us to Newcastle and Spurs.

I think Jem has some competition.
not really. zorg isn't a wum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
You can’t get your head around keeping a manger who’s just won the fa cup against a far better side?

It’s pretty weird that you can’t tbh. There’s an argument for sacking him but there’s also an argument for keeping him. It wouldn’t be out there for either scenario to happen.
this, obvs. we won a cup, yay. there are still question marks over the manager and now there are question marks over ineos... mainly for their list of alternatives (and the whole way they've gone about it).

king louis would be turning in his grave.

Unread 13-06-2024, 10:25 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 13-06-2024, 11:15 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Most stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post

this, obvs. we won a cup, yay. there are still question marks over the manager and now there are question marks over ineos... mainly for their list of alternatives (and the whole way they've gone about it).

king louis would be turning in his grave.

Unread 13-06-2024, 11:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

obvs. we won a cup, yay.

Unread 13-06-2024, 12:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Not really, that's why I added

Quote:
Nobody is suggesting we should settle for that long term, that would be insane, but surely to Christ it has to be a sign of something that's worth sticking with just that bit longer.
I think you're still having a little tantrum that the club decided to stick, rather than replacing him with.... oh that's right, you've no idea who

Were you one of the ones who hid behind the sofa during the Cup Final?

Quote:
Ah, the 'I was only wumming' routine when you make a tit of yourself comparing United to the Tories. Sure.

Unread 13-06-2024, 12:36 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post

I think you're still having a little tantrum that the club decided to stick, rather than replacing him with.... oh that's right, you've no idea who

“He’s got to go!”
“Ok who would you replace him with?”
“I dunno!”

It’s never not funny. Just angry guys who need to rage at the world.

Unread 13-06-2024, 12:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
“He’s got to go!”
“Ok who would you replace him with?”
“I dunno!”

It’s never not funny. Just angry guys who need to rage at the world.
They're still doing it too. And even dismissing the question of who would replace him as some sort of silly irrelevance.

It's more about punishing him than actually wanting a plan in place. 'We finished 8th!'. Yes, that was absolutely atrocious and embarrassing - so who should replace him?
'I dunno!'

The irony is they get giddy over managers who have won precisely NOTHING in England - Pochettino, Southgate, De Zerbi, Potter - while sneering at and mocking a man who's already won two trophies because they're not the league title.

Unread 13-06-2024, 12:46 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Well you did, else why would anyone need to look at Newcastle and Spurs over the past decade?

Quote:
I had two preferred options, sack him or back him. Preferred sack him because I don't think much will change next year. So no tantrum, I'm just happy that the board are taking the right approach to keeping him on. I was just poking fun at the lengths people are going to put ETH on some rawkish pedestal, including comparing us to Spurs and Newcastle.

Quote:
No, I'm the one who predicted that we'd look as competitive as we have all season, that we'll be fitter and dangerous on the counter.

Unread 13-06-2024, 12:58 PM
atticusgrinch

patty

Once bitten twice shy.

Unread 13-06-2024, 02:28 PM
believe

He’ll be fine under a new structure who will find the right players…..

Unread 13-06-2024, 02:29 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
He’ll be fine under a new structure who will find the right players…..

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8KCuOMM...gydmt1Nm9hZg==
Oh no not one of the best centre backs in Europe!

Unread 13-06-2024, 02:33 PM
believe

Quote:
not really my point. I don’t think we need Jason Wilcox to tell Ten Hag that this might be a good signing.

Unread 13-06-2024, 02:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unread 13-06-2024, 02:42 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Is he ‘Ajax good’ or actually good?

Unread 13-06-2024, 02:56 PM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
not really my point. I don’t think we need Jason Wilcox to tell Ten Hag that this might be a good signing.
I rather think that part of our problem is that Mr Ten Hag DOES need people to tell him what is a good signing. His history is shite.

Unread 13-06-2024, 03:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Ah, the 'I was only wumming' routine when you make a tit of yourself comparing United to the Tories. Sure.
yup. right after this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Why are you biting? It’s like a troll orgy in here atm.
just remind me again, why you are biting?

Unread 13-06-2024, 03:14 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They're still doing it too. And even dismissing the question of who would replace him as some sort of silly irrelevance.

It's more about punishing him than actually wanting a plan in place. 'We finished 8th!'. Yes, that was absolutely atrocious and embarrassing - so who should replace him?
'I dunno!'

The irony is they get giddy over managers who have won precisely NOTHING in England - Pochettino, Southgate, De Zerbi, Potter - while sneering at and mocking a man who's already won two trophies because they're not the league title.
Zorg killing it on ETH recently

Unread 13-06-2024, 03:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
One of the best centre backs in the world
It's not 2019 anymore

Eric Dier was ahead of him at Bayern