United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2019, 12:09 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
People are acting like he isn't our most productive player. When deciding who to sell I don't usually start with those.
Freggle did when it was Van Nistelrooy....

Unread 05-04-2019, 12:27 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

By the time Ruud was sold it was clear we were better with Saha in the team instead of him standing around

Unread 05-04-2019, 08:23 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Fair shout, although as much as Ruud was top goalscorer, Rooney was 20 and had only five fewer. Probably more assists and generally much more productive. And it was clear Ronaldo was on that path too. If United had two imminently world class midfielders on the books I'd be far more relaxed about letting Pogba leave. We have Scott The Scottish Player.

Unread 05-04-2019, 08:48 AM
waynes ear's

literally wish the guy would £#%&! off now. Was a massive fan of Juve Pogba, thought he'd be the shit at United. He's just not consistent enough.

Cash in. Pays the dividends for the year

Unread 05-04-2019, 10:06 AM
puressence

go in the name of allah

Unread 05-04-2019, 10:11 AM
My Name is Heath

By Odin's beard ..... just go.

Unread 05-04-2019, 10:19 AM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’d have no problem starting with Lingard either.
Lingard is shite. If he's the answer what the £#%&! is the question?

Unread 05-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Buck

Quote:
People are acting like he isn't our most productive player. When deciding who to sell I don't usually start with those.
This.

Pogba can improve his awareness and work a bit harder no doubt but conversely that if we build the team around players like him, Martial, Rashford and add a few more like-minded technically superb players then it mitigates the amount of defensive work he has to do. Like how Guardiola sticks five attackers out together and just one real central midfielder knowing the whole team is in tune with each other with how they play with the ball, and how they react out of possession.

I think it's very obvious we saw signs of that developing until the last few weeks. The performance levels have gone down recently but I suspect a part of that is fitness based as well as the shiny bounce of a new face wearing off. Then there are certain players who in the long run need upgrading. Lingard is a squad player and if we can get a player who brings what Lingard does (off the ball movement, energy) with better individual quality that elevates everyone else. In midfield if we can get a player who brings what Herrera brings (work rate, energy) with better individual quality it elevates everyone else. Pogba is the biggest recipient of this because he already is the most talented player in the team.

When we talk about what Pogba has to improve it is all the intangibles. We're talking about putting in more effort, running more. Same with Martial. But really what we should be looking to improve is the tangible quality of the others - what do they bring to the table with the ball at their feet. I'd love a Keane like leader to kick Pogba up the backside when he's lounging about. But you know what, Keane wasn't just a leader by fear or passion or desire. It's actually a damn shame that's all people point to most of the time. He could play as good as anyone. If we get back to that standard and Pogba still lounges about then there is a big problem. Lets wait and see what the summer brings.

Unread 05-04-2019, 12:58 PM
puressence

He’s 26 and won’t be getting better

Unread 05-04-2019, 01:16 PM
dunk

He isn't fit enough. He's looked absolutely %@#$&!sed the last few games, as have most of them.

It took Klopp 18 months to get Liverpool fit enough to do what he wanted them to do..

Unread 05-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Bunker Buster

This guy could come in some of your houses on Xmas day and piss in your face and you'd still say he needs better toilet facilities around him....

Not consistently good enough for the Prem.

Unread 05-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This guy could come in some of your houses on Xmas day and piss in your face and you'd still say he needs better toilet facilities around him....

Not consistently good enough for the Prem.
don't think he's got what it takes mentally. could see his upturn in form coming once jose left. just out of sheer spite. once that subsided he's back to the flaky #@&%! we've seen for the previous 2 years.

I'd absolutely look into replacing him.

Unread 05-04-2019, 03:44 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He isn't fit enough. He's looked absolutely %@#$&!sed the last few games, as have most of them.

It took Klopp 18 months to get Liverpool fit enough to do what he wanted them to do..
Seem to remember Liverpool destroying City by 4 goals at the etihad within weeks of him taking over.

Unread 05-04-2019, 03:54 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Seem to remember Liverpool destroying City by 4 goals at the etihad within weeks of him taking over.
Tbf as we've seen recently keeping up that level of fitness and stamina is hard to do for prolonged periods of time. It takes conditioning, and Ole is definitely pushing us to play a more high pressure game than we ever did under Mourinho.

As I said, ideally he actually wants to play for us and we keep him as he's a joy to watch on form. However, us beating PSG in that game without him raises questions; that was probably our best team performance under Ole, and Pogba was suspended. He could definitely do with a "for the team, not myself" change in attitude. Hopefully OGS instills it.

Unread 05-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Cream

Quote:
Fair shout, although as much as Ruud was top goalscorer, Rooney was 20 and had only five fewer. Probably more assists and generally much more productive. And it was clear Ronaldo was on that path too. If United had two imminently world class midfielders on the books I'd be far more relaxed about letting Pogba leave. We have Scott The Scottish Player.

Unread 05-04-2019, 05:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
This.

Pogba can improve his awareness and work a bit harder no doubt but conversely that if we build the team around players like him, Martial, Rashford and add a few more like-minded technically superb players then it mitigates the amount of defensive work he has to do. Like how Guardiola sticks five attackers out together and just one real central midfielder knowing the whole team is in tune with each other with how they play with the ball, and how they react out of possession.

I think it's very obvious we saw signs of that developing until the last few weeks. The performance levels have gone down recently but I suspect a part of that is fitness based as well as the shiny bounce of a new face wearing off. Then there are certain players who in the long run need upgrading. Lingard is a squad player and if we can get a player who brings what Lingard does (off the ball movement, energy) with better individual quality that elevates everyone else. In midfield if we can get a player who brings what Herrera brings (work rate, energy) with better individual quality it elevates everyone else. Pogba is the biggest recipient of this because he already is the most talented player in the team.

When we talk about what Pogba has to improve it is all the intangibles. We're talking about putting in more effort, running more. Same with Martial. But really what we should be looking to improve is the tangible quality of the others - what do they bring to the table with the ball at their feet. I'd love a Keane like leader to kick Pogba up the backside when he's lounging about. But you know what, Keane wasn't just a leader by fear or passion or desire. It's actually a damn shame that's all people point to most of the time. He could play as good as anyone. If we get back to that standard and Pogba still lounges about then there is a big problem. Lets wait and see what the summer brings.
Yeah. I think Pogba's form after Solskjaer took over was encouraging. In the 14 games after Ole took charge he was directly involved in 16 goals, with nine goals and seven assists. I don't think he had put together such a productive run of form since joining.

All players need the right structure. We've seen Rashy and Martial tail off of late too. I'd like to see those three get a run together again. Around the time of the Liverpool match and the injuries to Rashford, Lingard and Martial marked the start of the dip in form of the attackers and Pogba. Lukaku disrupts what they really want to do. Ideally the two up top and Lingard can stay healthy and we get back to Pogba working in tandem with them.

Unread 05-04-2019, 05:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Seem to recall United and Pogba being excellent for 3 months and then dying off as they ran out of gas/picked up injuries...

Mourinho’s idea of training was stand still and occasionally hoof the ball 60 yards.

Unread 05-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Cream

Quote:
Yeah. I think Pogba's form after Solskjaer took over was encouraging. In the 14 games after Ole took charge he was directly involved in 16 goals, with nine goals and seven assists. I don't think he had put together such a productive run of form since joining.

All players need the right structure. We've seen Rashy and Martial tail off of late too. I'd like to see those three get a run together again. Around the time of the Liverpool match and the injuries to Rashford, Lingard and Martial marked the start of the dip in form of the attackers and Pogba. Lukaku disrupts what they really want to do. Ideally the two up top and Lingard can stay healthy and we get back to Pogba working in tandem with them.
It's true.

He's a midfielder. He needs movement ahead of him, either to run onto balls or makes space. Martial has the anticipation of a dodo. Rashers and Lingard have gone to shit.

Unread 05-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
This.

All of this.

Unread 05-04-2019, 07:04 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Seem to recall United and Pogba being excellent for 3 months and then dying off as they ran out of gas/picked up injuries...

Mourinho’s idea of training was stand still and occasionally hoof the ball 60 yards.

What ever happened to that fitness coach we signed in the summer from Sampdoria?
Closed Thread