Mainoo looked at home there tonight.

Surprised he didn’t yell PANTS OFF.

He has got a trowel and cemented himself literally into the English midfield

Palmer and Mainoo must start. Nqat.

Unread 25-06-2024, 11:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
I think if you’re going to shoot rather than play in a player who is ina. Better position who all but guarantees you a goal you better score from your chance.
I agree. but he should have scored.

they should both start. they won't. southgate will play foden and bellingham. and kane. and saka.

mainoo might start.

Unread 25-06-2024, 11:09 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
it's a strange environment we're playing in.

a difficult environment.

wtaf?
Very strange interview. Was flapping & babbled. Wouldn’t recognise that the subs that came on changed the game. His system doesn’t, but it is a difficult environment they are working in 😵‍💫🤫🫡

Unread 25-06-2024, 11:35 PM
Stickman

won the group

you’re all spoilt.

Unread 25-06-2024, 11:57 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Yep. Way over the top the shit they’re getting. Haven’t played well but still topped a tough group full of defensive setup teams. Lot of players looking for form. Really Bellingham should be out of there and probably Kane. Rice been way off it too. I think he’ll start Mainoo but keep Saka in and the rest of the starting 11.

Unread 25-06-2024, 11:59 PM
Taibi

I couldn’t be any less of an England fan if I tried, in fact I find it quite funny when they lose and countless morons go mad about it, it’s like all the weirdos come out, but even so, I watch a game or two at a tournament, it’s a good excuse to see mates for a couple of hours, remember that it’s a complete waste of time watching the crap football and makes me yearn for club football to return. My only concern is hoping any United players come out injury free.

Without any emotional perspective, it’s just the same old thing over and over again. Swap out some of the names of this supposed “Golden Generation” for some of the “Golden Generation” of around 2002-2006 and it’s the same problems now, as then. Gareth Southgate isn’t the only one guilty of it and all England managers do it but they pick on names and don’t pick a balanced squad that actually has the correct players in the correct roles. It’s just chucking names on the pitch in the hope someone’s individual quality wins a game for you rather than picking a side that is balanced and tactically set up well. Maybe the England managers are too scared to because of the vilification they’ll receive in the press and from social media but till they actually sort it out head on, England will continue to be shite.

Unread 26-06-2024, 12:33 AM
croady26

So lucky we weren't in a stronger group, pleased to be on the favourable side of draw but with how we are playing don't think it matters.

How can we beat this kind of opposition in qualifiers but struggle to even score when it comes to tournament.

I just wonder if not picking certain players has caused friction between Southgate and the squad. So they have downed tools on him at this tournament.

Unread 26-06-2024, 12:36 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Yep. Way over the top the shit they’re getting. Haven’t played well but still topped a tough group full of defensive setup teams. Lot of players looking for form. Really Bellingham should be out of there and probably Kane. Rice been way off it too. I think he’ll start Mainoo but keep Saka in and the rest of the starting 11.
Tbh I was being facetious.

Unread 26-06-2024, 01:05 AM
tatty

First decent team and we're gone.

Unread 26-06-2024, 02:54 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
First decent team and we're gone.
We classing Netherlands as decent or not?

Unread 26-06-2024, 04:30 AM
shenwen

Thank £#%&! we have a player like Mainoo in our midfield and not some headless chicken like Gallagher.

Torn now as I think Mainoo will start and I want him to do well.

Bellingham has gone to shit. I said earlier he'd be £#%&!ed after such a long season at Madrid.

Unread 26-06-2024, 05:22 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Thank £#%&! we have a player like Mainoo in our midfield and not some headless chicken like Gallagher.

Torn now as I think Mainoo will start and I want him to do well.

Bellingham has gone to shit. I said earlier he'd be £#%&!ed after such a long season at Madrid.
Do you trust Southgate to start Mainoo, though?

Unread 26-06-2024, 06:27 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Do you trust me? Hands up if you trust me.

Unread 26-06-2024, 06:28 AM
silv

Quote:
he won’t have the balls to change his side too much

expect Gallagher to retain his place or TAA return and for him to drop Saka

Unread 26-06-2024, 06:36 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Hope he doesn't but even that thick @#%&! must have seen how England improved when they brought on a midfielder who knows how to move the ball.

Unread 26-06-2024, 07:02 AM
Stickman

Seems obvious Gordon needs to come in on the left wing but he'll never do it as he wouldn't dream of dropping Foden would he.

Unread 26-06-2024, 07:27 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post

Unread 26-06-2024, 08:18 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Think we already established you don’t know ball son.

Unread 26-06-2024, 08:44 AM
Jethro

Just watched the clip of Mainoo's lay off and point to where he wants the ball. Kane plays it out wide

£#%&!ing braindead. I don't think an England team has irritated me so much.

Unread 26-06-2024, 09:03 AM
silv

Southgate would melt at United