United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Msgr A Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
I don’t really think he’s done much wrong tbh. Not a big fan of him but England’s issues have all come from the team being incredibly disjointed.
He's a little Joe Hart. It took Guardiola to rock up at City when Hart was England's No1 and point out to everyone that he was shit. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a form of mass phycosis.

Unread 22-06-2024, 01:11 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgr A Brook View Post
He's a little Joe Hart. It took Guardiola to rock up at City when Hart was England's No1 and point out to everyone that he was shit. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a form of mass phycosis.
Preaching to the choir mate, I don’t really rate Pickford much at all but the reality is they still managed to get to the final of the last Euros with him in goal. It’s a bit like when some posters on here were blaming de Gea for a lot of the issues in defence, and yet when he left those issues remained. England’s defence has looked poor but the biggest issue is the midfield and lack of balance across the team, especially on the left hand side. That stems from Southgate persevering with TAA being shoehorned in, and a failure to ensure there was sufficient depth on the left wing.

Tl;dr - Southgate is a bigger issue than Pickford.

Unread 22-06-2024, 01:17 PM
silv

annoying/bewildering thing is we have a midfield solution in Mainoo staring them in the face

Unread 22-06-2024, 01:30 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
I don’t really think he’s done much wrong tbh. Not a big fan of him but England’s issues have all come from the team being incredibly disjointed.
Newsflash mate, he picks the £#%&!ing team

Unread 22-06-2024, 01:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington View Post
Newsflash mate, he picks the £#%&!ing team

I’ll accept the apology when you cotton on…

Unread 23-06-2024, 11:23 AM
Msgr A Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedkelly View Post

i’ll accept the apology when you cotton on…
I was going to explain but... Nah😊