United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-11-2010, 09:53 AM
no fun

Default good David May Q&A from the Mirror

1) Who is the dirtiest player you've ever seen?
Players like Fashanu and Ferguson were always hard. You knew you were in a battle with them. You would look at the fixtures to see where they were, but you always gave as good as you got. There's a picture - from the Mirror actually - where I've got hold of Dunc's shorts, and he's elbowing me in the throat. In terms of sneaky players, it has to be Dennis Wise. It's just who he was. Always in your face, winding you up, and that's part of the game. I don't even know him, but I like him.

2) What team(s) do you have an irrational hatred of?
Liverpool and Leeds. Whenever we played them the fans were horrible, spitting and bricking the bus, that kind of thing. There was this one time we played Leeds away and a fan spat at me. I body-swerved, and it missed my face, but hit my blazer. Thick green stuff it was. It's as if the guy had a got a cold on purpose. We got the last laugh, though, when we beat them 4-0 at Elland Road. Individually I'm sure they are nice guys, but when football's involved there's some kind of hatred. You always had an extra bounce in your step if you beat them.

3) What's the weirdest place you've ever watched football?
From a hospital bed in Manchester. I was in for a hernia operation. I didn't get any special attention though - they're all Blues round there.

4) If you could change one thing about the game, what would it be?
I'd bring back characters, and refs with character. That's what's missing from the game. You used to be able to tell a referee to f-off, and they would just turn round and tell you to instead. There was more respect for them then.

5) Have you ever had a man-crush on a player?
You winding me up? I don't bat both ways.

6) If all the current Premier League managers had a cage fight, who would be the last man standing?
Sam Allardyce, but I'd have an each-way bet on Ian Holloway as well. He looks like a feisty one. Ten years ago he could have given Sam a good fight.

7) Who is the Don of football commentators and pundits?
John Motson. Got to be. Also Clive Tyldesley, for when he said, "United score - they always score!" in the Champions League Final.

8) What's the weirdest dream you've ever had about football?
City winning the league. But they haven't, and long may it continue.

9) What's your keepy-up record? Are you any good at football games?
About five minutes, then I get bored. And no, I'm rubbish at video games.

10) Have you ever cried because of a football match?
Only when United lost the league at West Ham. I'd just had the hernia operation, so I was sat in the pub. Someone tried to console me, but I told him where to go.

11) Have you ever lied to your partner to go to watch football?
No, it's my job, so I never have to lie. She understands.

12) Who winds you up in football?
Arsene Wenger. He never sees anything, and cries wolf whenever his side is getting kicked. He's a hypocrite though, because the next week his side will do the same thing, but he won't see it. Probably a nice guy though. Also, that Mikel at Chelsea. He just comes across as a d***.

13) What were your football superstitions?
I always wanted to be in the first five to walk out. Balls to all that shorts on first and clothes stuff.

14) What's the best goal you've ever scored?
Away at Boro, when we won 3-0. We needed to win the game. It wasn't a great goal, but it was important.

15) What's the best worst trip you've ever been on?
Galatasary. It was intimidating. Going to Turkey anyway is just horrible. The stadium was like a Turkish kebab shop.

16) If you had your own football team, what would their nickname be?
The Maysies All Stars!

17) What goal have you celebrated the most?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's in the Champions League Final. I was leathered all night back at the hotel in Barcelona. There wasn't a sober person there.

18) Has a football kit ever featured in your intimate moments?
No. Never. Bareback for me.

19) Have you ever supported a different team from the one you do now?
I was Blue as a kid. I got hate mail from some of the United fans when I first moved from Blackburn.

20) What is the king of football food?
It has to be a Chinese after a game.

Unread 28-11-2010, 10:09 AM
believe

Default Re: good David May Q&A from the Mirror

what a @#%&! David May is.

Unread 28-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
what a @#%&! David May is.

Unread 28-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

He's a £#%&!ing pest! Should see his updates on fb

'I didn't get any attention though, they are all blues around there!'

Which £#%&!ing hospital were you in? stepping-hill??

You didn't get any attention because you didn't deserve any you #@&%!!

Unread 28-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Argentina

David May is a legend. He's a United fan.
I met him outside Aldi in the Arndale last Christmas. There was that stall where they have gadgets and things and one of the guys was flying a toy helicopter. His son was transfixed on this helicopter and bumped into me. His dad running up to apologise and I just blurted out, 'No way, it's David May'
He was a bit embarrassed and just said 'Yes it is' but I talked to him for a few minutes and he was a great guy

Unread 28-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
David May is a legend. He's a United fan.
I met him outside Aldi in the Arndale last Christmas. There was that stall where they have gadgets and things and one of the guys was flying a toy helicopter. His son was transfixed on this helicopter and bumped into me. His dad running up to apologise and I just blurted out, 'No way, it's David May'
He was a bit embarrassed and just said 'Yes it is' but I talked to him for a few minutes and he was a great guy

They say the word legend is used too readily...

Case in point

Unread 28-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
They say the word legend is used too readily...

Case in point
Not as a player, but just as a character and a nice guy. I played against him when he played for Bacup too.

I've heard a few stories of him being a great guy, a couple of them to reds in need too.

Unread 28-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Not as a player, but just as a character and a nice guy. I played against him when he played for Bacup too.

I've heard a few stories of him being a great guy, a couple of them to reds in need too.
Fair enough, thought u meant as a player

He does seem a down to earth guy

Unread 28-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Terry Silver

Thought he came across as a complete and utter tool in that Andy Mitten book he was interviewed for.

Unread 28-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Cream

He knows he's a berk. That's why I like him.

Was behind him in the cig queue the other month. he was wearing Lee jeans - you don't get more down to earth than that.

Unread 28-11-2010, 01:41 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
He knows he's a berk. That's why I like him.

Was behind him in the cig queue the other month. he was wearing Lee jeans - you don't get more down to earth than that.
Hmm so you spent a few minutes staring at May's arse? well each to his own.

Unread 28-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Zorg

Thumbs down Re: good David May Q&A from the Mirror

Blue @#%&!. nft.

Unread 28-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Hmm so you spent a few minutes staring at May's arse? well each to his own.
So? It's for my coffee table book 'celebrity red's jeans'.

got loads so far.
e.g.

David May: Lee Cooper
Brian Blessed: Moschino

Well that's it for now, but I'm keeping my eye out.

Unread 28-11-2010, 01:55 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

got loads so far.
e.g.

anything like this?

Unread 28-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
anything like this?
That name rings a gay bell.... so NO.

It'll be gritty, mobile phone shots with a 500 word commentary per star. Also follow up shots of their house, car, and their family going about their daily routine. for perspective.

Unread 28-11-2010, 02:23 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
That name rings a gay bell.... so NO.

It'll be gritty, mobile phone shots with a 500 word commentary per star. Also follow up shots of their house, car, and their family going about their daily routine. for perspective.

oh and not reported.

Unread 28-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Dueling Banjos

Been on the piss with him a couple of times. Very funny and down to earth lad. Pays his way too.

Unread 28-11-2010, 04:22 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:

got loads so far.
e.g.

TR81: Levis.

And you didn't even have to stare at my arse to get that one.

Unread 28-11-2010, 04:26 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Been on the piss with him a couple of times. Very funny and down to earth lad. Pays his way too.
That's big off him.

Unread 28-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
That's big off him.
Lee Martin on the other hand was a little backward in coming forward.
Closed Thread