United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 07-05-2024, 12:27 PM
plopborsky

lowest point for me and its part of the roll over effect of the last say 5 seasons. EVERY £#%&!ing year we have to hope someone beats our rivals so they don't win a major title whilst we £#%&! about in 6th place hoping for another miracle.

I don't pin it all on ETH but i do think he's lost his way. Needs to be £#%&!ed off so we reset the standards at the club.

I remember when we used to lose one £#%&!ing game it would make me mad for a week, now i don't give a £#%&!. I expect it. These are games that Manchester united should be winning btw. Shite at home etc.

Old 07-05-2024, 12:28 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm View Post
This feels exactly like Rangnicks last few months whereby the players know the manager is going so they don't give a shit.
It does, but this lot have been doing it all season and a big part of last season as well.

Old 07-05-2024, 12:37 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky View Post
These are games that Manchester united should be winning btw.
palace have been playing well. they didn't actually play that well against us, compared to their recent form.

I have no issue with losing to palace. it's the manner of the loss that is unacceptable.

Old 07-05-2024, 12:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
palace have been playing well. they didn't actually play that well against us, compared to their recent form.

I have no issue with losing to palace. it's the manner of the loss that is unacceptable.
yup. They're a decent side that outplayed and beat liverpool.

We'd have lost to half of the teams in the top 4 leagues the way we played last night and that's being generous.

Old 07-05-2024, 01:09 PM
Buck

It is the lowest point in the sense that it feels we are lucky to even sit in 8th. Moyes felt like it was a simple error of judgement that could be corrected in the summer of 2014. Obviously that that turned out wrong but even Van Gaal at his lowest period (eight games without a win?) was clearly trying to implement a blueprint that you could identify what he wanted to do. Whether you still supported it was another thing but his argument always remained that he was starting players like Borthwick-Jackson at that time and Ashley Young as a winger so it would just be a matter of upgrading the personnel in certain positions and then his blueprint would properly come to life. It's not a direct comparison because one was a manager at the start of his career and the other at the end but Arteta hasn't really changed how he wanted Arsenal to play from the start to now. He just doesn't have players like David Luiz and Rob Holding at CB to execute what he wanted but instead two pretty excellent signings in Saliba and Gabriel. Instead of Guendouzi as a DM he got to buy Partey and now Rice. These changes made them defensively strong and that lets the attack take care of itself.

Regarding Mourinho I think Young made a fair comment last night that it turned out to be disappointing for what they expected based on his past. Similar to Van Gaal whether you supported what his style of play or not he came in with a pedigree but unlike Van Gaal I don't think we saw it anywhere near as expected. There was a long unbeaten run in his first season iirc but a lot of those games were draws which feels a bit similar to what Ten Hag is saying about only three defeats in 2024 (prior to last night).

Ole ran his course but probably should get his due now as all the stuff he took on about being a pe teacher and not good enough can't erase the fact he has as good a record as anyone head to head versus Pep, he got a 2nd and 3rd league finish, he also broke a club record for away games unbeaten whereas now we fold on away trips more often than not and who knows what would have changed if the Europa final turned the other way. I think that loss knocked a lot of the stuffing out of him as the match was there for the taking.

Old 07-05-2024, 01:12 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Is this the worst we’ve been since Ferie retired?

I £#%&!ing hope so because it’s diabolical.

Tbh, you’d probably have to go back to 1986 to feel this shit again.

I know we’re in a final but there’s not one sane person on the planet (apart from the edge lords on here), including all the staff at United, that think we’ll win the final. The issue is trying to avoid a humiliation.

Don’t remember us ever being so bad under any other manager. I can’t remember our squad ever being so shockingly bad. For the system and tactics to be so inept.

Erik
I was at Big Rons last game in charge at OT.
It wasn't anywhere near as shit.

Old 07-05-2024, 01:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky View Post
lowest point for me and its part of the roll over effect of the last say 5 seasons. EVERY £#%&!ing year we have to hope someone beats our rivals so they don't win a major title whilst we £#%&! about in 6th place hoping for another miracle.

I don't pin it all on ETH but i do think he's lost his way. Needs to be £#%&!ed off so we reset the standards at the club.

I remember when we used to lose one £#%&!ing game it would make me mad for a week, now i don't give a £#%&!. I expect it. These are games that Manchester united should be winning btw. Shite at home etc.
Ploppers

He was doing it well last season. Setting standards.

This season it's been too much. It's blown his bald mind. He's used to players who are going to try their best every game because they want to progress to a big club and big money.

Old 07-05-2024, 01:28 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post

i have every issue losing to palace and other no mark £#%&!ing teams. This is the problem we accept this shite likes its all ok.

Palace fans last night signing "you're £#%&!ing shitttttt" we just sit and take it.

Away from home team on form, just £#%&!ing scab a point if needs be.

ANY team regardless of form has tea bagged us.

Old 07-05-2024, 01:37 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
I think there is some of this, but perhaps also because ETH doesn't have the right personality to concert them to his thinking. Will be interesting to see how Slot fits in with the scousers.
That guy can speak english fluently. Makes a big difference. Imagine Ten trying to say this:

Obviously, I hope he fails completely but it won't be because he can't speak english.

Old 07-05-2024, 01:45 PM
BigRonManager

Unless we bring in an interim we won't get another result this season. If they plan on replacing him anyway -and how can they not? - then what do we have to lose? Arsenal, Newcastle, Brighton and City will all give us a going over.

Old 07-05-2024, 01:53 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager
Unless we bring in an interim we won't get another result this season. If they plan on replacing him anyway -and how can they not? - then what do we have to lose? Arsenal, Newcastle, Brighton and City will all give us a going over.
pretty much this. it's gone from "what's the point in sacking him now" to "what's the point in keeping him a day longer."

busted flush

Old 07-05-2024, 08:22 PM
Zorg

I think it was the first time in my life that I went online to check the score, saw it was 3-0 and was actually surprised it wasn’t more.

The players clearly aren’t having ten Hag, so we might as well get rid, but whoever comes isn’t going to stop the death spiral. It doesn’t matter who it is.

We’re shit, and we’re going to get worse.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:56 PM
Hans Rimmer

This is the lowest point. A couple of years ago we laboured to a very forgettable defeat at Palace in Ralf’s last game. But we knew Woodward was going, and we had a highly respected manager casting his eye from the stands. Even with the Glazers it felt like a change might come.

2 years later we’re getting panned at the same ground, the highly respected coach we employed has outed himself as a fraud and a laughing stock, and we have all his shit signings to shift on top of dross like Rashford. Oh, we now also have a 7-0 at Anfield etched in history forever.

INEOS are the only glimmer of hope, but their track record in sport is nothing to write home about, so yeah…fold the club.