United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-10-2023, 04:10 PM
atticusgrinch

This new doctor has been putting a lot of work into Maguire since he arrived and it's paying dividends now.

Unread 22-10-2023, 04:53 PM
pedr0

he's been decent last two games but you just know the pillock won't be able to keep his fat head down and his mouth shut, and just get on with doing the job whilst he has this chance.

Unread 22-10-2023, 04:56 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
he's been decent last two games but you just know the pillock won't be able to keep his fat head down and his mouth shut, and just get on with doing the job whilst he has this chance.
The good thing for him is that there are plenty of other bigger news pieces at the club this season.

Solid game yesterday, albeit against the bottom of the league. Let's see how his percentage goes against the berts.

Unread 22-10-2023, 05:09 PM
Sparky***

Funny how the most maligned players are the ones stepping up to bail the team out the shit isn't it. Maguire and The Scottish Player were first on the list of players to be jettisoned in the summer and if they weren't here we'd be well and truly £#%&!ed.

Meanwhile Nelson Mancdela and his two rolls royces couldn't hit a cow's arse in a passage way, surrounded by a bunch of players yet to contribute a single goal between them. Then you've got captain chaos in midfield £#%&!ing the ball everywhere but where it needs to go.

That's not to mention the abysmal contributions of Martinez and Varane, that is of course when they're not in the treatment room for 6 months a year. But then its easy to dig out lumbering old Maguire than criticise the trendy south americans and suave frenchmen.

Unread 22-10-2023, 05:10 PM
NedKelly

Vengeance will be mine

Unread 22-10-2023, 05:12 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Funny how the most maligned players are the ones stepping up to bail the team out the shit isn't it. Maguire and The Scottish Player were first on the list of players to be jettisoned in the summer and if they weren't here we'd be well and truly £#%&!ed.

Meanwhile Nelson Mancdela and his two rolls royces couldn't hit a cow's arse in a passage way, surrounded by a bunch of players yet to contribute a single goal between them. Then you've got captain chaos in midfield £#%&!ing the ball everywhere but where it needs to go.

That's not to mention the abysmal contributions of Martinez and Varane, that is of course when they're not in the treatment room for 6 months a year. But then its easy to dig out lumbering old Maguire than criticise the trendy south americans and suave frenchmen.
I said weeks ago that two of those mentioned needed ‘resting’. I haven’t seen anything since to change my mind.

However, it was easy to criticise old Maguire as he was terrible for a long time.

Unread 22-10-2023, 08:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
However, it was easy to criticise old Maguire as he was terrible for a long time.
Well, precisely. Has the way he disgraced himself last season really been forgotten already??

Yes, it is genuinely good that he is actually helping us out at a difficult time right now and credit where it is due.

But let's not rewrite history eh.

Unread 22-10-2023, 08:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, precisely. Has the way he disgraced himself last season really been forgotten already??

Yes, it is genuinely good that he is actually helping us out at a difficult time right now and credit where it is due.

But let's not rewrite history eh.
That's funny, I don't remember him playing against City or Liverpool when they ran in 6 and 7 respectively against us. Or when Brentford thumped us for 4.

Aside from the Sevilla tie where he had a bit of a mare along with De gea I don't really know what you're on about.

Unread 22-10-2023, 08:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
That's funny, I don't remember him playing against City or Liverpool when they ran in 6 and 7 respectively against us. Or when Brentford thumped us for 4.

Aside from the Sevilla tie where he had a bit of a mare along with De gea I don't really know what you're on about.
Probably when we got spanked by Brighton and Brentford (4-0) during the first two games of the season.

Unread 22-10-2023, 08:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Probably when we got spanked by Brighton and Brentford (4-0) during the first two games of the season.
And he then got dropped, and we immediately improved.

I know that correlation doesn't automatically equal causation, but still.

Unread 22-10-2023, 09:10 PM
andyroo

Hilarious revisionism on Sky last night after the match. "Got terrible abuse from United fans, but England supporters always had his back". Yeah right

Unread 22-10-2023, 09:12 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Hilarious revisionism on Sky last night after the match. "Got terrible abuse from United fans, but England supporters always had his back". Yeah right
Just means they’re on Henderson’s back for the moment.

Unread 22-10-2023, 09:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Trying to force a Beckham narrative....

He's an utter shit stain but won some headers last night ..

He slows play, breaks forward and stops, points, looks cumbersome......

Get rid when Martinez is back firing ..

Unread 22-10-2023, 09:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Just means they’re on Henderson’s back for the moment.
Idea for a new documentary on two misunderstood geniuses, Lynn; Harry and the Henderson

Unread 22-10-2023, 09:58 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Absolutely this

Didn’t see last night but I’m being told he did what he gets £200k a week for?

Get £#%&!ed

Unread 22-10-2023, 10:00 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Absolutely this

Didn’t see last night but I’m being told he did what he gets £200k a week for?

Get £#%&!ed
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And he then got dropped, and we immediately improved.

I know that correlation doesn't automatically equal causation, but still.
The lads

Unread 22-10-2023, 10:09 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Haaland up next for him after big Copenhagen game. Time to prove his mettle

Unread 23-10-2023, 02:28 AM
Neo

Quote:

Unread 23-10-2023, 04:15 AM
believe

Quote:

Don’t think he’ll play him right wing

Edit: apologies thought this was the Antony thread

Unread 23-10-2023, 09:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

ffs

maguire has been alright, I wasn't sure he was motm saturday but he was fine, did his job...

honestly, as you've said, him and mct are only really getting praise because everyone else has basically been absolutely shit. it's not like they've become great players overnight. they haven't hidden though.