United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-04-2024, 09:17 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’ve only watched Liverpool on four occasions this season (us x 3 and away v Newcastle) and every time they’ve been shit.

I’ve read they’ve been like it for many more games too and have actually had a lot of very favourable calls in games?
They've had one bad/wrong VAR call go against them which has been returned with about 15 truly shocking calls for them. I've never known a luckier team. They had games against Sheffield United and Villa consecutively and in both they were literally given 6 points. Add to that things like Forest away where their player goes down pretending he's got a head injury, just as Forest are pressing for a winner. The drop ball is then given to Liverpool (totally wrong) so they go up the field, get a corner and win the game in the 98th minute.

You don't see a huge media outcry like you did for us vs Wolves though. Total silence. They're the worst team in the top 3, easily.

Unread 08-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’ve only watched Liverpool on four occasions this season (us x 3 and away v Newcastle) and every time they’ve been shit.

I’ve read they’ve been like it for many more games too and have actually had a lot of very favourable calls in games?
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Look at their players, they're nothing special. Only Salah is truly top class. Van Dijk is all right I suppose (but over the hill). The rest are dross
Salah will be off to Saudi for some absurd fee in the summer, he's definitely on the slide now.

As for Liverpool, I've watched them a few times and i can count about half a dozen games where they've robbed points ridiculously late in games thanks to the never-ending stoppage time now. Newcastle away, Palace away, Luton away spring instantly to mind .

Unread 08-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Salah will be off to Saudi for some absurd fee in the summer, he's definitely on the slide now.

As for Liverpool, I've watched them a few times and i can count about half a dozen games where they've robbed points ridiculously late in games thanks to the never-ending stoppage time now. Newcastle away, Palace away, Luton away spring instantly to mind .
Forest away. 98th minute. I’m not one for saying that teams are getting more points than their performances deserve, but they are. They were robbed at Spurs, but have been charmed since. They’re not what they were a few years ago and neither city or this Arsenal team should be finishing behind them

Unread 08-04-2024, 11:56 AM
Sparky***

I swear if we got some of the penalties Liverpool have been given this season there would be a national outrage

Unread 08-04-2024, 12:01 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Tbf, Wans back leg is strewn across the floor in the box and I don’t think noodle head is obliged to jump over him and get out the way. We’d expect our players to go over that leg and go down (and they would).

Unread 08-04-2024, 12:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Putting this down as a win, 2-1....

Got nothing from us this season, scouse bastards...

Unread 08-04-2024, 12:51 PM
Chris Quayd

Whether it was a pen or not is a distraction from the fact that for the last 25 minutes of the match we were actively trying to give a goal away. We were hanging on by a thread, wouldn’t rule out that the performance or even the penalty was a tactical move

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:26 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Tbf, Wans back leg is strewn across the floor in the box and I don’t think noodle head is obliged to jump over him and get out the way. We’d expect our players to go over that leg and go down (and they would).
exactly. these super slo mo replays are misleading.

very easy way to identify those who are not kickers of balls.

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:28 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We won't make significant progress until we have 2 proper full backs and a centre half who doesnt have the turning circle of a super tanker.
Who would you like to see signed in those full back positions and at centre back out of interest

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:35 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Who would you like to see signed in those full back positions and at centre back out of interest
Todibo looks quality at CB. Branthwaite at RB too.

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:41 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Todibo looks quality at CB. Branthwaite at RB too.
Thought Brainthwaite was CB

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:44 PM
Whip Hubley

The fact we need basically an entirely new backline speaks volumes.

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:48 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Whether it was a pen or not is a distraction from the fact that for the last 25 minutes of the match we were actively trying to give a goal away. We were hanging on by a thread, wouldn’t rule out that the performance or even the penalty was a tactical move
in the same way injuries are a distraction from how badly the manager is doing?

sure, for people who can't cope with more than one factor at a time.

asking that lot to defend a lead is just asking for trouble.

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:59 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Thought Brainthwaite was CB
The games I've seen him in, he was always in the right or left back position. He is a centre half though. Well, I'd take him as another CB option then.

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:47 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
I agree with you fwiw but have a genuine question. If that had happened to us at Anfield do you think it would have been given?

I'm thinking no and even if it had there would be an unbelievable outcry about it.

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:50 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
I agree with you fwiw but have a genuine question. If that had happened to us at Anfield do you think it would have been given?

I'm thinking no and even if it had there would be an unbelievable outcry about it.
You only have to go back to the Bruno one earlier this year against Wigan for that. Was the main headline of the match for a couple of days, yet was a clear foul.

Unread 08-04-2024, 03:16 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Have no idea I'd like to think someone whose job it is could identify a dozen in each position from across Europe who are good enough and have the right attitude to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I'd also involve a fitness expert and a sport psychologist. If we are investing something like £100m in fee and wages over 10 years we ought to spend enough to get the right outcome.

Unread 08-04-2024, 03:53 PM
Big Norm

Thought this was out at the time but didn't realise how far and for how long. How's the linesman not seen that?

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:00 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Thought this was out at the time but didn't realise how far and for how long. How's the linesman not seen that?

https://twitter.com/UtdFaithfuls/sta...eqdzYNddw&s=19
That's appalling and that would be the second time that bullshit has happened to us, after West Ham at home. Gakpo begging for a red card ffs

I'd take City over these @#%&!s any day. The balls on them screaming about bent refs with some of the decisions they've had. Hopefully Arsenal out do both

Unread 08-04-2024, 06:50 PM
est.1878

The whole "corruption" vibe is a really bad look. We used to piss ourselves when they bleeted on about it whilst claiming class and dignity. Shit decisions doesnt mean corruption.