windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
She's not that smart, pal.

Unread 08-09-2023, 01:25 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
At least she may be able to work out their finances...
They've probably got Jimmy Carr's accountant on the case.

Unread 14-09-2023, 07:23 AM
no fun

Crikey blimey2

Another MEN article mentioning the 115 charges

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...atest-27709345

Unread 14-09-2023, 07:30 AM
Patty_b

Its a £#%&!ing awful puff-piece article though if you read it.

Quote:
Manchester City continue to generate a lot of reactions for a club nobody else cares about.

Many fans of many other clubs will go to great lengths to tell you that there is no interest in City's success, starting detailed conversations about why there are no detailed conversations. The most popular reasons given for this tend to be that City have no history, no fans, and 115 Premier League rule breaches...

While that sticks uncomfortably in the air, the Blues have been busy winning football matches. A first Champions League trophy completed a famous Treble in June that sees Guardiola break new ground at an historic club.

City will have to balance the surge in interest in the club, but it is also not particularly new. The decision to expand the North Stand has been in the pipeline for a while and the demand for tickets at the moment would suggest there will be no trouble filling the ground when its capacity moves above 60,000.

Regardless of how much anyone 'doesn't care', City are cashing in on their success.

Unread 14-09-2023, 07:32 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Its a £#%&!ing awful article though if you read it.
Most articles in the MEN are awful…..but the 115 charges get a mention and that is pleasingly “off message”

Unread 14-09-2023, 08:41 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Most articles in the MEN are awful…..but the 115 charges get a mention and that is pleasingly “off message”
It's almost as if the journo was told to write something bigging them up and he slipped it in just to remind people.

Unread 14-09-2023, 01:48 PM
Sparky***

They have become everything they used to profess to hate.

Unread 14-09-2023, 03:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Its a £#%&!ing awful puff-piece article though if you read it.
Tickets on open sale for their next home game though..

Unread 14-09-2023, 03:58 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They have become everything they used to profess to hate.

https://youtu.be/_u5yp3hkgqE?si=mHRl3KcdfLOokcsN
lasted about 30 seconds of that

Unread 22-09-2023, 03:02 PM
dunk

Good news everyone…

The Government are going to sort it.

They better hurry up and get them backhanders.. I mean, charges settled before the next GE.

Unread 22-09-2023, 03:10 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Good news everyone…

https://x.com/dansheldonsport/status...FISmV5ixy0aAOQ

They better hurry up and get them backhanders.. I mean, charges settled before the next GE.
I'd say that's bad news. It's far more likely that the government will tell the PL to drop it.

I do recognise the sarcasm obviously, but I think it will be worse than them doing nothing.

Unread 22-09-2023, 03:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
I'd say that's bad news. It's far more likely that the government will tell the PL to drop it.

I do recognise the sarcasm obviously, but I think it will be worse than them doing nothing.
Hadn’t thought of that..

Unread 22-09-2023, 03:15 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Hadn’t thought of that..
Needs the courts involved on this. Judges i trust not to be bribed. MP's not so much.

Unread 22-09-2023, 04:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Good news everyone…

“Hello UK government. It’s Abu Dhabi here. Make these charges go away or we’ll pull billions of our money out of your country.”

Unread 22-09-2023, 04:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

Governments owning football clubs. Who would have imagined it would lead to these kind of problems….

Good thing is that our current government is the very definition of honesty and integrity so this will be stamped on fairly hard you would imagine.

£#%&! me - if nothing happens to city then there’s little point in the sport tbh. Should have the CL trophy renamed the Lance Armstrong Cup.

Unread 22-09-2023, 04:33 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Good news everyone…

The government will get a nice little pay off,Charges will be dropped and the Premier league will get some major concessions on future licences / steaming rights / access - what a £#%&!ing horrible set of @#%&!s all round

Unread 22-09-2023, 04:39 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Governments owning football clubs. Who would have imagined it would lead to these kind of problems….

Good thing is that our current government is the very definition of honesty and integrity so this will be stamped on fairly hard you would imagine.

£#%&! me - if nothing happens to city then there’s little point in the sport tbh. Should have the CL trophy renamed the Lance Armstrong Cup.
Liverpool won it while on a cycle after all

Unread 22-09-2023, 07:53 PM
Danoli

It is horrific but it was almost inevitable.

city’s punishment will now be very lenient and no doubt stage managed to cast them in a good light.

The oil states have huge influence and power over the British media. The article below gives you an indication of why and how.

https://www.ft.com/content/71807a85-...b-8e6c1fc9603e

Unread 22-09-2023, 10:54 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo

Meanwhile the next Tory party conference is held all expenses paid at a seven star hotel in Abu Dhabi

Unread 06-10-2023, 01:38 PM
no fun

This could be interesting….

https://www.theguardian.com/football...r-and-russians