United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Seriously, try watching us. We're £#%&!ing shit. To some of us that's much more important than who Wilf McGuinness signed in 1969.
I don’t recall saying we were good. Nor mentioning Wilf mcGuinness. I mention the manager everyone keeps harking back to as a reason for criticising everything the current manager does, usually to point out the fact fergie often did the same or similar.

Unread 29-07-2018, 05:26 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
The teams they inherited played watchable, well coached football
Klopp and Guardiola didn’t need a third season to put their stamp on their team. I doubt that Tim Sherwood left much of a legacy for Pochettino.

Unread 29-07-2018, 05:27 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
I don’t recall saying we were good. Nor mentioning Wilf mcGuinness. I mention the manager everyone keeps harking back to as a reason for criticising everything the current manager does, usually to point out the fact fergie often did the same or similar.
My criticism of Mourinho has nothing to do with Fergie and everything to do with Mourinho

Unread 29-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Klopp and Guardiola didn’t need a third season to put their stamp on their team.
They only needed one. Because there was no need for a fundamental change.

Guardiola would have had a nervous breakdown if he’d taken the United job. He certainly wouldn’t have had those players playing his style, and he’d have found it far more difficult getting rid of them and bringing in the 18 players or so he has so far at city.

And just how soon do you think klopp would have got van gaal’s united to play the high energy style he likes?

Quote:
I doubt that Tim Sherwood left much of a legacy for Pochettino.
Just how different are the tottenham of today compared to under redknapp?

Unread 29-07-2018, 07:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
My criticism of Mourinho has nothing to do with Fergie and everything to do with Mourinho

Unread 29-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Buck

Quote:
The teams they inherited played watchable, well coached football

Unread 29-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I thought that kind of thing on the touchline was wanted from a manager nowadays?

Unread 29-07-2018, 07:39 PM
Buck

Quote:
I thought that kind of thing on the touchline was wanted from a manager nowadays?
No I want a manager whose coaching manifests out on the pitch without the need of wild try hard gesticulations. Mourinho has had two years - can you identify what his coaching has done to the team from his predecessor?

Unread 29-07-2018, 08:01 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Mourinho has had two years - can you identify what his coaching has done to the team from his predecessor?
Got us to 3 Cup finals and second in the league.

Unread 29-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
No I want a manager whose coaching manifests out on the pitch without the need of wild try hard gesticulations. Mourinho has had two years - can you identify what his coaching has done to the team from his predecessor?
Is this a £#%&!ing wind up?

Unread 29-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Got us to 3 Cup finals and second in the league.
2nd and 19 pts off top.

But admittedly a huge improvement on 24pts off top the previous season.

Both are worse than the 15pts gap in season prior to jose's arrival.

Unread 29-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Is this a £#%&!ing wind up?
When you watch this team do you notice any clear patterns or ideas as to what they are doing?

Van Gaal won us a cup and finished in the top four once. Mourinho has spent nearly 400m on top of what he inherited and won one more cup (FA Cup > League Cup). Most people will say Mourinho has been better in the market, so in that case we should raise the bar on style of play no? Because what I see is a team still desperately reliant on individuals rather than a coherent plan. I still see a defence which has flattering stats due to the keeper. Van Gaal had a clear but flawed blueprint. I don't know what Mourinho's is.

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
2nd and 19 pts off top.

But admittedly a huge improvement on 24pts off top the previous season.

Both are worse than the 15pts gap in season prior to jose's arrival.
So second in the league, yeah? More points and goals too? Go on, it won’t hurt.

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Nobody is denying more pts more goals. But also further off top spot points wise.

Food for thought.

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:25 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Nobody is denying more pts more goals. But also further off top spot points wise.

Food for thought.
Yeah, it tells us city are better than Leicester. How do golden balls Liverpool do in such a comparison?

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The problem is that the anti-Mourinho crowd are so relentless in blaming him for everything that it forces people who might ordinarily be critical where it was appropriate into defending him for everything. It’s just not realistic to think that anyone is to blame for everything.

Personally, I think Mourinho is petty, egotistical and arrogant. It could well be that he’s one of these old school, previously successful managers who just hasn’t transitioned well into the new era -a la Wenger- and that it may be that his best days are behind him. That being said, I find myself defending him 90% of the time on here when I really don’t want to. It’s too much.
Tbf that's partly because you hate Martial so spend a lot of time defending Mou on that basis

Personally, I haven't blamed Mou much for Pogba being a bit shit, or for Mkhitaryan ditto. Even though there were grounds to look into the man management/positional issues. Didn't really blame him for not having much faith in Lindelof etc. Shit happens; you sign someone and they aren't as good as you thought. Also haven't criticised him much for getting trounced by his supposed rival Guardiola.

But his style of play and his handling of young players are both horrific. And as I keep saying, it was inevitable. Sometimes it's not someone "making up their mind early" etc, sometimes it's just seeing something that was clear a mile off and watching it go exactly as expected. Mourinho's tenure so far has come with absolutely no surprises. Everything, good or bad, is in keeping with his history.

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:59 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
4 more goals than the Moyes season and 6 more goals than Van Gaals best season after purchasing the most expensive midfielder and most expensive striker in English football history, not forgetting that Moyes and Van Gaal seasons were three of the clubs top 5 worst goal scoring records of the Premier League era.

They should put a bronze of Jose on a plinth on the concourse. We could write a book about how he bravely finished second, like the scousers did with Brendan.

Unread 29-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf that's partly because you hate Martial so spend a lot of time defending Mou on that basis

Personally, I haven't blamed Mou much for Pogba being a bit shit, or for Mkhitaryan ditto. Even though there were grounds to look into the man management/positional issues. Didn't really blame him for not having much faith in Lindelof etc. Shit happens; you sign someone and they aren't as good as you thought. Also haven't criticised him much for getting trounced by his supposed rival Guardiola.

But his style of play and his handling of young players are both horrific. And as I keep saying, it was inevitable. Sometimes it's not someone "making up their mind early" etc, sometimes it's just seeing something that was clear a mile off and watching it go exactly as expected. Mourinho's tenure so far has come with absolutely no surprises. Everything, good or bad, is in keeping with his history.
Exactly mate

Everyone twisting and turning like a twisty turny thing to prove otherwise

A manager who wins.... but doesn't back kids and is a bit of self destructive @#%&!... 100% on here Would say that before he came here .... half are pretending he isn't and never was now

Call a @#%&! a @#%&! ffs

Its not all his fault but he is what he is ....We panicked and hired this

The only thing missing is his second season title win

Just got time for the inevitable exit under a cloud and the usual Jose tenure is complete. Hope we learn our lesson once it happens

Unread 29-07-2018, 11:14 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
How do golden balls Liverpool do in such a comparison?
Liverpool will finish above us this season* with a manager most on here think is shit, yet the usual suspects will still be making excuses for Mourinho.

*will wager a ton with the first person on here deluded enough to bet otherwise

Unread 29-07-2018, 11:18 PM
saffers

Quote:
Liverpool will finish above us this season* with a manager most on here think is shit, yet the usual suspects will still be making excuses for Mourinho.

*will wager a ton with the first person on here deluded enough to bet otherwise
Willing to bet money on the scousers finishing above us.

These lads have lost it.

Doubt Liverpool will finish above us even if we don't sign another player.

As for the not rating Klopp bit. That's you lads. The LvG lads called him a german cheerleader pal.
Closed Thread