United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
This isn't a good solution to the Glazer problem at MUFC. But let's wait and see the announcement that JR and the Glazers intend on nothing less than to restore us back to the pinnacle of English and European competition with major investment.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:03 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
70 years old and with a head of hair to rival Ken Barlow’s. Word is he’s very athletic too. Beneath the demure clothing lies a body lined with wisdom, but as tight as a 20 year old gymnast. Packing some real heat downstairs too. Alpha. As. £#%&!.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well no, a full takeover would be better obviously.

But if the gimps have a minority of shares so they can keep the dosh rolling in, what actual harm can they do.

And what is actually happening to the debt if Ratcliffe takes control?
Nothing. Ratcliffe isn't taking full control and absolutely nothing will £#%&!ing change.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:05 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Well no, a full takeover would be better obviously.

But if the gimps have a minority of shares so they can keep the dosh rolling in, what actual harm can they do.

And what is actually happening to the debt if Ratcliffe takes control?
More questions than answers right now but l feel pessimistic until they lay out what benefit it will bring the club / support and what the aims are. We've lived under ownership where winning things is immaterial, so long as they got their percentage. That has to change - it is killing United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Indeed.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Aren't the Glazers (also) going to be minority investors though.

What would be the point of him even "taking over" then - why bother at all?

This is why I have a bit of a problem believing the most pessimistic interpretations tbh.
Then it doesn’t work the other way? Why would the glazers relinquish control and still have their shares?

You have Qataris offering a billion or you keep your shares and lose majority control of the club. Other than , they think the value of the club will be worth more than 6 billion in the future .(2 billion per glazer)

But that just sounds risky . Who know tbh. It’s all under NDAs and we will wait and see soon the ins and outs.

Maybe ratcliffe does have a majority control, in which case great.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:06 PM
Ethers

The brains trust who said Qatar would blow him out of the water, now think they know the intimate details of the richest man in Britain’s business plan based off some tweets

Cry more lads.

He’s played an absolute blinder. Exciting times ahead.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Nothing. Ratcliffe isn't taking full control and absolutely nothing will £#%&!ing change.
Yes, but why is "full control" so important - even if I agree it would be preferable.

If the Glazers have a minority of shares themselves, what can they actually *do*?

These are genuine questions btw, at the moment I am seeing a lot of dooming but not that much hard evidence to back it up.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:07 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The brains trust who said Qatar would blow him out of the water, now think they know the intimate details of the richest man in Britain’s business plan based off some tweets

Cry more lads.

I’m absolutely buzzing tbh. A victory for actual reds was never going to go down well with the Twitter gang.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yes, but why is "full control" so important - even if I agree it would be preferable.

If the Glazers have a minority of shares themselves, what can they actually *do*?

These are genuine questions btw, at the moment I am seeing a lot of dooming but not that much hard evidence to back it up.
Apart from what's been happening at the club and on the pitch over the last decade, you mean?

Quote:

Cry more lads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’m absolutely buzzing tbh. A victory for actual reds was never going to go down well with the Twitter gang.
Yous are absolutely daft.

the club needs shaking out of it's slump and a new impetus injected into it, that certainly isn't going to happen with Ratcliffe basically paying the Glazers to maintain the status quo.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Apart from what's been happening at the club and on the pitch over the last decade, you mean?
Yes but isn't the point that our "great owners" are no longer going to be in control?

There are quite a lot of assertions that a minority stake is still going to give them great powers. I am merely asking how, exactly.

magic_cantona

Quote:

Cry more lads.

Still waiting to hear what positives you think will come from this deal.

I genuinely want it to work but can you see Jim funding a new team.and stadium with his 25%?

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:13 PM
est.1878

Advisory : Next person to mention new stadium gets bad rep.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yes but isn't the point that our "great owners" are no longer going to be in control?

There are quite a lot of assertions that a minority stake is still going to give them great powers. I am merely asking how, exactly.
What are you going on about? Ratcliffe is buying 25% of the club.

that's not a controlling stake or anywhere near it

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
What are you going on about? Ratcliffe is buying 25% of the club.

that's not a controlling stake or anywhere near it
According to Twitter rumours, let's just see.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:16 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Advisory : Next person to mention new stadium gets bad rep.
Sad to see some supposed reds pining for a soulless ground named Qatar Airways Stadium.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:17 PM
Ethers

It’s the first step in a gradual takeover. That’s good news imo, and it means the Glazers are a few steps closer to the door.

Until we know all the details, it would be silly to speculate too much how any such deal will work. I think it’s daft to imagine a successful businessman like Jim is just going to be giving the Glazers money for £#%&! all.

Can’t stress enough that we don’t know the details yet, but one suggestion is that the initial deal will give INEOS control over how the funds they invest will be used.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

75% v 25%

It's not Jim with the 75%.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
75% v 25%

It's not Jim with the 75%.
It won’t be the Glazers either.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
It’s the first step in a gradual takeover. That’s good news imo, and it means the Glazers are a few steps closer to the door.

Until we know all the details, it would be silly to speculate too much how any such deal will work. I think it’s daft to imagine a successful businessman like Jim is just going to be giving the Glazers money for £#%&! all.

Can’t stress enough that we don’t know the details yet, but one suggestion is that the initial deal will give INEOS control over how the funds they invest will be used.
Not totally sold on Ratcliffe, ngl.

But I remain pretty convinced he's not doing this just so he can be the gimps "front man".

Whisper it, but isn't there his age to consider too - he will surely want to see United at least competing for the top prizes again soon?

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:21 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It won’t be the Glazers either.
But 25% isn't a controling stake for Jim is it?