The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
The Premier League title?
This season, yes I would.

But we're good enough to win both

Unread 01-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Stickman

Best season ever. That arsenal game was just £#%&!ing unreal, dippers in the fa cup was just crazy. Stretford end looks magnificent when ole wins it!

I'm gonna flip this on its head a bit for no good reason...

What was your low point of that season?

Mine was 100% anfield. When Irwin out the pen away I thought we had it in the bag. After the match I thought arsenal would win the league due to the knock that result would give us. Shame on me. The way Liverpool celebrated at the end..and incey. Makes my blood run cold still.

Unread 01-12-2007, 09:39 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Best season ever. That arsenal game was just £#%&!ing unreal, dippers in the fa cup was just crazy. Stretford end looks magnificent when ole wins it!

Mine was 100% anfield. When Irwin out the pen away I thought we had it in the bag. After the match I thought arsenal would win the league due to the knock that result would give us. Shame on me. The way Liverpool celebrated at the end..and incey. Makes my blood run cold still.

that pen was a scandal, great tackle by Blomquist.

Unread 01-12-2007, 09:41 PM
penguin1

Quote:

When we went 0-1 down at home to Juve, and equally when we went 2-0 down to them in the away leg. ... :-

'United are going to have to do something very special here....... '

Unread 01-12-2007, 09:44 PM
bcred

I'm sure most of you will have seen this one by now,but as this thread is becoming a classic it deserves to be here.

Enjoy!

Fish

I'm also fond of this one I'm in the frame 25-35 seconds in ...this is a great video of the after match dance.
I made my way down to the players bench for the celebrations.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dIke6E9RjVY

Unread 01-12-2007, 09:47 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1
When we went 0-1 down at home to Juve, and equally when we went 2-0 down to them in the away leg. ... :-

'United are going to have to do something very special here....... '
3 min clip

I am the eternal optimist in games, but i didn't think we deserved to be 2 down, we had had chances, and knew if we got back to 2-2 we won

[YOUTUBE]eXIRLj_x6ig[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 01-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
that pen was a scandal, great tackle by Blomquist.
I went £#%&!in mental a the TV. So cheated, Liverpool looked nowhere near the races until they got thrown that lifeline. If memory serves the nearly went on to snatch it too. We had to ride out severe pressure the last few minutes.

Unread 01-12-2007, 09:50 PM
The Watcher

Quote:

The low point...Arsenal getting the penalty at Villa Park. I thought the game and The Treble was gone. Felt really low. But it didn't last long

Going two nil down in Turing was bad. But I always felt we needed to score twice so it didn't really change the situation too much, in my eyes at least.

That game at Anfield was horrid. Those scouse @#%&!s...waving a massive Bayern flag on the kop - and they call us obsessed Ince celebrating like he'd won the £#%&!ing World Cup at the end

All worked out for the best in the end though!

Unread 01-12-2007, 09:56 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
I'm all emotional now

Great link, cheers.

Unread 01-12-2007, 10:01 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
The low point...Arsenal getting the penalty at Villa Park. I thought the game and The Treble was gone. Felt really low. But it didn't last long

Going two nil down in Turing was bad. But I always felt we needed to score twice so it didn't really change the situation too much, in my eyes at least.

That game at Anfield was horrid. Those scouse @#%&!s...waving a massive Bayern flag on the kop - and they call us obsessed Ince celebrating like he'd won the £#%&!ing World Cup at the end

All worked out for the best in the end though!

To this day he hasn't worked out why he hasn't gone down as a united legend.

Unread 01-12-2007, 10:04 PM
wiganste

We'll win the European Cup this season.

nft

Unread 01-12-2007, 10:23 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1
To this day he hasn't worked out why he hasn't gone down as a united legend.
That was the day I started hating him. Didn't he say it was the best moment of his career in the post match interview?

Unread 01-12-2007, 10:31 PM
wiganste

Quote:
That was the day I started hating him. Didn't he say it was the best moment of his career in the post match interview?

Yes he did. He became a very bitter man once he was shown the door. Great player mind....

Unread 01-12-2007, 10:40 PM
believe

I am starting to get mixed feelings watching the CL final clips. We call scousers for bringing up the past but is this a situation where i should thank my lucky stars that i seen it? I would hate to think i would never have an experience like that again but i do feel pretty special for having witnessed it.

FWIW i cried my £#%&!ing eyes out when the final whistle went. god knows why

Unread 01-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Stickman

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Yes he did. He became a very bitter man once he was shown the door. Great player mind....
@#%&!

Unread 01-12-2007, 10:57 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Thought so...

I remember Fergie having a pop at Ellery during the post match interview too. "I won't let that man stop us from winning our title back" - something along those lines.

Unread 01-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
The way Liverpool celebrated at the end..and incey. Makes my blood run cold still.
Quote:
Ince celebrating like he'd won the £#%&!ing World Cup at the end

Never been more incensed in my life.

It's sickening how players like him and Schemeichal claimed to love the club, then go and celebrate like that and show what true @#%&!s they are.

Unread 01-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
you're not wrong

i've tried it and i've realised i don't like it. lets move on.

I was messing, chill yourself Dan.

Thought you were a big FC fan in all honesty though

Unread 01-04-2008, 06:44 PM
MakeBelieve

Was playing this over in my mind today at work.

Time to win the thing again methinks.

[dm]x307o0&v3=1[/dm]
Closed Thread