United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2014, 02:52 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'd personally take the armband off him now and stick him in the reserves until the Summer.

Not the way to do it IMO.

As for being great for them, we'll have to see. Well, actually I won't because Italian football bores me more than the PL (including United). He can header a ball still, that's about as much as I can say about the player these days.
only problem being that you can't even say that about rest of our defenders

Unread 06-03-2014, 05:44 AM
believe

Imagine if Rooney had done this

Unread 06-03-2014, 05:58 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Imagine if Rooney had done this
Its a tad different, Vidic has never been a 'contract rebel' and by the sounds of it didn't get any offer to stay.

Unread 06-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Crumps

If we had someone more competent in charge I think he may very well have stayed. Why the £#%&! make a player your captain if you see him as expendable. The management of the back 4 this season has been a £#%&!ing joke, not helped by the overhaul of the coaching staff (in the name of £#%&!ing continuity). It should have been about settling Smalling and Jones in to the back four whilst Vidic and Rio were in the squad and really testing them, Smalling in particular. Then there was the whole play Rio as much as £#%&!ing possible at the beginning of the season. We are going to be losing a hell of a lot of experience and he has needlessly created another situation that puts him under pressure. Vidic has lost a little bit due to injuries but at his age a decent pre season and a run without injury could see an upturn in form, he will look £#%&!ing shit hot at Inter giving us another stick to beat Davy Cross@#%&! I reckon. His replacement will cost a shed load and forget how to play football.

I predict that he will have completely lost the dressing room by July, the man does not command respect and he is in charge of players that have experienced shit in the game this @#%&! couldn't manage on Championship Manager.

Hopefully it was the managerial version of letting Owen be number 7 after Ronnie.

Unread 06-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
If we had someone more competent in charge I think he may very well have stayed
Nqat

Unread 06-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Whalefish

Are we forgetting that the player and agent were trying to push through a move to Madrid before an injury. In addition as reported in the zines before his wife has been moaning about Manchester since they arrived, finally got the Italian move.

His best days are behind him and he can barely run. Yes he can header the ball better than the rest still but this season he's looked painfully slow and clumsy as £#%&!. He was a brilliant centre half and the problem is that there are not many centre halfs who will be able to slot right in. I've only seen the Porto lad a few times and he's looked ok but thirty or forty million? £#%&! has that come from?

The timing of this isn't great, blaming Moyes? Deary me he's done plenty this season to draw criticism but this? Don't see it despite some of the fantasy above. Stick him in the £#%&!ing reserves.

Unread 06-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Chorlton74

the timing could have been better on all of this, kind of reminds me of when big time charlie was at west ham before he joined United.

however, Vidic has given blood, sweat and broken bones for United. Remember him for what he's done on the pitch rather than whats happened in the last 48 hours.
Closed Thread