United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 63 53.85%
Sack 54 46.15%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2024, 05:27 PM
jem

just to be clear, I want him to turn things around.

just as I have before every £#%&!ing game this season.

it's getting close to insane to think it might actually happen, though.

Old 05-04-2024, 05:30 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
just to be clear, I want him to turn things around.

just as I have before every £#%&!ing game this season.

it's getting close to insane to think it might actually happen, though.
vote or shut up

Old 05-04-2024, 05:34 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
vote or shut up
no, larry.

Old 05-04-2024, 06:32 PM
Dacter

Was £#%&!ing livid last night and if I’d voted then I’d have gone sack/shoot.

Having had chance to calm down and kick a ball a bit I’d still retain him as manager. He’s worked under some really shite circumstances in his time here and I think he probably deserves an opportunity to work as part of the new set up, with a much more focused role, instead of the broad brush he’s been given.

Having said that, he’s getting close to last chance saloon for me. We need to see some evidence that he’s adaptable to the circumstances we find ourselves in, not just slavishly sticking to the loony tunes %@#$&!s we’ve been trying to play all season. If you don’t have the personnel to accomplish Plan A, you adapt. If you don’t, you fail.

Old 05-04-2024, 06:39 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post

Having had chance to calm down and kick a ball a bit I’d still retain him as manager. He’s worked under some really shite circumstances in his time here and I think he probably deserves an opportunity to work as part of the new set up, with a much more focused role, instead of the broad brush he’s been given.

Having said that, he’s getting close to last chance saloon for me. We need to see some evidence that he’s adaptable to the circumstances we find ourselves in, not just slavishly sticking to the loony tunes %@#$&!s we’ve been trying to play all season. If you don’t have the personnel to accomplish Plan A, you adapt. If you don’t, you fail.
Well by the look of that latest article INEOS feel the exact same so you will get your way on him getting time. I have definitely checked out for the season after seeing that from a reliable Utd source

Old 05-04-2024, 06:44 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Urgh. Yes. Again. Oh my god can u believe it hun.

I don't think it's a ridiculous comparison at all. It's comparing a situation more than comparing individuals.

Never? Oh sweetheart.
can you list Freggle and Ten Hags similarities please?

Old 05-04-2024, 06:56 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
They have and do manage Manchester United.
They're Males. They have legs. #@&%!es. Eyes. Hands. Own shoes. I could go on.

Why do you want me to list their similarities though? Did you mean the similarities of the situations involving the club they managed and manage at the time mentioned and now?

I thought that part was clear.

Old 05-04-2024, 07:04 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post

welcome back

Old 05-04-2024, 07:06 PM
Medlock

Virtually all of the worst United performances I can think of were under this manager. This season is record breakingly bad and the performances have been worse. Some of the home defeats have no clear precedent of shitness. Utter utter £#%&!. A shambles. Has been a disciplinarian off the pitch but watches absolute chaos on the pitch every week and does nothing. How about trying to keep it tight ffs? How about insisting full backs dont tank forward when we're winning in injury time? Absolutely staggered that anyone who has watched us regularly would give him another season. I very much doubt our new (part) owner will.

Old 05-04-2024, 07:10 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
The first, and most obvious one, is both have had to deal with impatient little Arnie Grape’s like you throwing your toys out of the pram because we aren’t challenging on all fronts.

To quote Gary Barlow, have a little patience.

Old 05-04-2024, 07:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock View Post
Virtually all of the worst United performances I can think of were under this manager. This season is record breakingly bad and the performances have been worse. Some of the home defeats have no clear precedent of shitness. Utter utter £#%&!. A shambles. Has been a disciplinarian off the pitch but watches absolute chaos on the pitch every week and does nothing. How about trying to keep it tight ffs? How about insisting full backs dont tank forward when we're winning in injury time? Absolutely staggered that anyone who has watched us regularly would give him another season. I very much doubt our new (part) owner will.
Yeah, agree. Getting dominated from start to finish by Bournemouth was disgraceful. But it being at home was more galling. Not like we've not seen this bullshit week in week out though. Even when we win, we've not dominated the game or even controlled it. As you've said, anyone watching this turgid shit, where the manager is making out teams like Brentford (lost 18 games in record time before playing us) run us ragged and really deserved to win. It's embarrassing, especially when our manager tells us Brentford are a really good team.

Then there's his utter obsession with Rashford. The @#%&! came on last night and, if SAF would've been in charge, would've been subbed off within 5 minutes. Why has he persevered with someone that doesn't give a £#%&!? Why lie to us about how Rashfords form is 'progressing'? He's a senior player, our top earner and he's taking the piss. He's dealt with Sancho but can't do the same with Rashford and Rashford costs us games.

And nearly two season in, and we have no discernable way of playing. You can't say what the system is or what we're great at doing. It's a £#%&!ing shambles and I'm struggling with why people think it's impossible for us to be coached better. "If he goes, who can come on and do better?!" - looking at the first twenty minutes yesterday and the last 15 minutes - ANYONE.

Old 05-04-2024, 07:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
The first, and most obvious one, is both have had to deal with impatient little Arnie Grape’s like you throwing your toys out of the pram because we aren’t challenging on all fronts.

To quote Gary Barlow, have a little patience.
yeah. a song about moving on. maybe not the best way to make your point.

Old 05-04-2024, 07:50 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Yeah, agree. Getting dominated from start to finish by Bournemouth was disgraceful. But it being at home was more galling. Not like we've not seen this bullshit week in week out though. Even when we win, we've not dominated the game or even controlled it. As you've said, anyone watching this turgid shit, where the manager is making out teams like Brentford (lost 18 games in record time before playing us) run us ragged and really deserved to win. It's embarrassing, especially when our manager tells us Brentford are a really good team.

Then there's his utter obsession with Rashford. The @#%&! came on last night and, if SAF would've been in charge, would've been subbed off within 5 minutes. Why has he persevered with someone that doesn't give a £#%&!? Why lie to us about how Rashfords form is 'progressing'? He's a senior player, our top earner and he's taking the piss. He's dealt with Sancho but can't do the same with Rashford and Rashford costs us games.

And nearly two season in, and we have no discernable way of playing. You can't say what the system is or what we're great at doing. It's a £#%&!ing shambles and I'm struggling with why people think it's impossible for us to be coached better. "If he goes, who can come on and do better?!" - looking at the first twenty minutes yesterday and the last 15 minutes - ANYONE.
Maggers definitely now worried he’s gone ETH out too soon.

Quote:
He’ll turn it round then we’ll say oooh, could it be magic?

Old 05-04-2024, 07:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Sorry mate my insight into Take That’s music is quite limited.

Old 05-04-2024, 07:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Maggers definitely now worried he’s gone ETH out too soon.
100% the other way tbf. Genuinely believe it'd just take time

Quote:
Give their greatest hits a listen, it only takes a minute.

Old 05-04-2024, 07:57 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Awful knowledge of Take That's ouvre from Ned. Good that jem is an expert and can put him right.

Old 05-04-2024, 08:05 PM
jem

Quote:
you could get arrested for singing these days.

Old 05-04-2024, 08:07 PM
larry

Quote:
shut up

Old 05-04-2024, 08:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
These days? I could be arrested for singing?

Old 05-04-2024, 08:10 PM
larry

mimicking stewart lee with jem is the worst thing ive ever seen