United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-05-2024, 09:42 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I think a lot of them think his philosophy is naive, so they don't fully commit to it, and that makes everything even worse. That said, his philosophy IS naive.

They see him as some guy managed in a shit league and had one lucky European run.
100% this. None of our players are prepared to run through walls for this manager. Little knocks which most should be able to play through become opportunities to avoid the spotlight and avoid the negative association. We don’t have leaders that encourage other players either. I suspect that players used to play for Roy Keane as much as they did ferie.

Not sure those players exist anymore but it’s clear there’s absolutely no buy in from this team to Erik. I blame both players and manager but the manager has to find a route out of this and Erik’s plan is seemingly to just do what doesn’t work over and over again.

To have a decimated back four and set up with zero protection yet again was just stupidity. I can only conclude that he’s an idiot.

Unread 07-05-2024, 09:48 AM
AK14

Probably.

Although the end of Mou felt quite depressing.

Maybe because it’s the end of the season and we’ve got a new ownership I’m feeling a bit more positive about the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
100% this. None of our players are prepared to run through walls for this manager. Little knocks which most should be able to play through become opportunities to avoid the spotlight and avoid the negative association. We don’t have leaders that encourage other players either. I suspect that players used to play for Roy Keane as much as they did ferie.

Not sure those players exist anymore but it’s clear there’s absolutely no buy in from this team to Erik. I blame both players and manager but the manager has to find a route out of this and Erik’s plan is seemingly to just do what doesn’t work over and over again.

To have a decimated back four and set up with zero protection yet again was just stupidity. I can only conclude that he’s an idiot.
It’s been the same for every manager post Fergie.

He’s clearly made huge mistakes along the way nqat, but there’s a group of players that have now played under our last 3 manager (not inlcuding caretakers) and two that have been here for the last four. I’m sick of these @#%&!s downing tools when they work out the manager may not be the second coming of Fergie.

Unread 07-05-2024, 09:53 AM
Big Norm

This feels exactly like Rangnicks last few months whereby the players know the manager is going so they don't give a shit.

Unread 07-05-2024, 09:54 AM
Coracao

By a margin.

Unread 07-05-2024, 09:58 AM
ZiggyStardust

Just wait until the 25th of May for our lowest point supporting Utd if this joker is still in charge

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:00 AM
Sparky***

I hope it's the lowest point. I really do.

But then i thought getting pumped 4-0 away by relegation candidates Watford in Ole's last game was the lowest point. At least Palace are actually a half decent team I suppose, with a couple of very good players. Watford as a team were just shite.

In terms of expectations, morale and belief I think this is the lowest it's been in my time of following the club. I can't think of a time even under the likes of Mourinho, Van Gaal and Moyes that we were all so utterly convinced that any team could pretty much turn up and give us a hiding. Even in ferguson's worst time when we finished 13th we never conceded so many goals, we were never so easy to play against.

It's almost unbelievable how easy it is to actually play against this lot. You see certain things happen on a pitch at this level and you expect a standard response i.e When somone is running through the middle of the pitch with the ball, you expect a challenge, a foul, some sort of tackle. Not with this lot. They are the biggest bunch of saps i've ever seen in a United shirt, they are as mentally weak as they are physically. Get bullied by everyone, out-run by everyone, physically dominated in every 50/50. Everything about their body language last night said "i've given up". They are the absolute antithesis of what Manchester United players should represent. They are petulant, immature and utterly devoid of any perspective as to how they should behave.

The sooner Ratcliffe gets a proper hold of the place and his new people start drilling home some standards, the better.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:02 AM
MUFC One Love

I’m confident it will improve with Ratcliffe and his team running the football operations. We need the structure urgently.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:09 AM
redhegemony

Without Bruno last night there was nobody cajoling and working and driving others. Says a lot about the lack of leadership in the group.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:26 AM
My Name is Heath

We need 2 or 3 players with character.

If we had a Terry, Vieira, Zlatan through the middle we would look a lot better

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:28 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
We need 2 or 3 players with character.

If we had a Terry, Vieira, Zlatan through the middle we would look a lot better

I love your ideas, and agree wholeheartedly.

My question would be why any of those types of players would want to come to United?

And if they did it would be because none of the other teams either wanted them or wanted to pay the ridiculous wages United offer.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:31 AM
redhegemony

Should get an MLS Franchise as we've become an old folks home for retired players.

Somewhere in the rust belt

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:38 AM
jem

Quote:
Post-Fergie, this is the worst it's ever been. I disagree about this squad. It's still better than most squads in the league and better than some who are above us in the table.

We don't look coached at all. Once we went a goal down last night, all the players were just playing off-the-cuff football. We are in absolute disarray.
I don't think we have a good squad, but we have the basis of a very good team. it just needs someone with common sense directing.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:45 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
I don't think we have a good squad, but we have the basis of a very good team. it just needs someone with common sense directing.
Trouble is that good team is always injured leaving us to the mercy of a weak squad

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:51 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
Trouble is that good team is always injured leaving us to the mercy of a weak squad
this again.

we are at the mercy of poor direction, irrespective of who is fit. however, we are talking about looking forward, in which case... we have the basis of a good team. but we do not have a deep squad.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:57 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
this again.

we are at the mercy of poor direction, irrespective of who is fit. however, we are talking about looking forward, in which case... we have the basis of a good team. but we do not have a deep squad.
They're good but it seems not physically robust Darren Anderton syndrome. Shaw and Martinez can't do much from the physio' s room. Let's hope Ineos are investigating the injuries

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:01 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
They're good but it seems not physically robust Darren Anderton syndrome. Shaw and Martinez can't do much from the physio' s room. Let's hope Ineos are investigating the injuries
shaw's fitness is an issue, but martinez may have been a hangover from last season's schedule. don't hurry them back. no europe. no excuses. but it won't help if we are still playing stupid football.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:03 PM
BigRonManager

I don’t get it with these modern managers. They seem to fall in love with certain ideas and just keep banging away despite all evidence that it’s not working. I’m not sure when pig-headed dogmatism became a good managerial trait, but what they seem to think is cerebral is actually the dumbest thing they could do. We’re the easiest team to play against in the league, but yeah, keep pushing full backs into midfield because Guardiola does it, that’ll work.

£#%&!ing cone-headed idiot.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:21 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
He was doing but she got rid because he kept getting the positions wrong

Rightly lots of gloom about the club atm. This group of players are the most unlikeable United squad I can remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
This feels exactly like Rangnicks last few months whereby the players know the manager is going so they don't give a shit.
Yep. Another case of downing tools whilst the next victim is lined up.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:24 PM
believe

Changed my mind after seeing the Antony/Mount beef.

Lowest. Point. Ever.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:27 PM
shenwen

Quote:
I think a lot of them think his philosophy is naive, so they don't fully commit to it, and that makes everything even worse. That said, his philosophy IS naive.

They see him as some guy managed in a shit league and had one lucky European run.
I think there is some of this, but perhaps also because ETH doesn't have the right personality to concert them to his thinking. Will be interesting to see how Slot fits in with the scousers.