United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2023, 09:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
What's Arsenal's midfield like?
that's the problem. xhaka, odegaard, partey. their forwards are a bit shit, though.

Unread 19-01-2023, 11:01 AM
Dasilvatwins

Whoever the team is. I really really hope we turn up. Already getting shit said from Arsenal fans. Cannot stand them. The likes of Fred , Eriksen, rashford, Antony have the ability to really turn it on and raise their game.

Eriksen will be key, but honest to God I hope we beat these £#%&!ers. It feels more than just a game between the clubs in recent history. honestly would love nothing more but to shut their fans up for a bit.

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:28 PM
Tuco

Would rather play the tea lady than The Scottish Player

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Whoever the team is. I really really hope we turn up. Already getting shit said from Arsenal fans. Cannot stand them. The likes of Fred , Eriksen, rashford, Antony have the ability to really turn it on and raise their game.

Eriksen will be key, but honest to God I hope we beat these £#%&!ers. It feels more than just a game between the clubs in recent history. honestly would love nothing more but to shut their fans up for a bit.
I’m very confident we’ll ’turn up’ in every game this season. We’re flawed, but one of the biggest features of our progression IMO is how we now look properly prepared and confident for games.

I think there’s only 4 games this whole season where we’ve been genuinely bad or our arses have fallen out:

Brighton
Brentford
City
Villa

We’ve progressed since then. ETH will set us up right. I’m confident of that.

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:55 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’m very confident we’ll ’turn up’ in every game this season. We’re flawed, but one of the biggest features of our progression IMO is how we now look properly prepared and confident for games.

I think there’s only 4 games this whole season where we’ve been genuinely bad or our arses have fallen out:

Brighton
Brentford
City
Villa

We’ve progressed since then. ETH will set us up right. I’m confident of that.
The depth of the squad apart from the defence is very worrying for me. We have very little option in midfield other than Fred and Mcthingy. We do have capable kids like Iqbal but they never get a chance to perform. Again in attack without Greenwood, Sancho and Martial we are already 3 forwards short. Rashford and Anthony have to start and then we are left with Garnacho, Weggy and Elanga. It`s time Pellistri got a chance and even Charlie McNeil. There really isn`t many options after that.

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
The depth of the squad apart from the defence is very worrying for me. We have very little option in midfield other than Fred and Mcthingy. We do have capable kids like Iqbal but they never get a chance to perform. Again in attack without Greenwood, Sancho and Martial we are already 3 forwards short. Rashford and Anthony have to start and then we are left with Garnacho, Weggy and Elanga. It`s time Pellistri got a chance and even Charlie McNeil. There really isn`t many options after that.
It’s just where we are in the process. We had no midfield at all before the summer and we’ve added a huuuge increase in quality
in Eriksen and Casemiro. Back up and options will be addressed in the next couple of windows. It was never getting sorted in one window. We needed about ten new players.

Unread 19-01-2023, 02:15 PM
My Name is Heath

Play Lindelof or Shaw as CDM

or play 3 at the back

Fred and Son of Erik ahead and Bruno literally floating above them

Rashford should be in a muffin that costs nothing, sorry, I mean a free roll and Wim Wouters leading the line

Unread 19-01-2023, 04:24 PM
GBMUFC2020

I can see Martinez playing Casemiro`s role I think Wan Bassaka, Varane, Shaw and Malacia as a back four. Martinez Fred, and Erickson in Midfield and Anthony, Rashford and Bruno up front might work. Can`t see too many options other than Mcthingy god forbid.

Unread 19-01-2023, 05:44 PM
dunk

Martinez will not be playing in Midfield.

DdG
AWB
Shaw
Martinez
Varane
Fred
The Scottish Player
Eriksen
Bruno
Rashers
Martial

Unread 19-01-2023, 05:49 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Martinez will not be playing in Midfield.

DdG
AWB
Shaw
Martinez
Varane
Fred
The Scottish Player
Eriksen
Bruno
Rashers
Martial
I was looking for a way to avoid McFred although we beat them at OT with McFred. Can`t see Martial making it so Anthony will be in there.

Unread 19-01-2023, 06:15 PM
History

I don't think Ten Hag is going to start experimenting with Martinez at CDM for Arsenal. We'd of already seen it if he was going to do that.

I think the team probably picks itself, (If martials fit)

........................De Gea.....................
AWB....Varane.....Martinez.....Shaw
.......................Mcfred.....................
....................Eriksen....................... .
Bruno.........Martial........Rashford.....

We've beat a superior city side away from home with a McFred partnership. Just have to be used to having so little of the ball. The goals if any will have to come from very well executed counters. Which tbh, is the front 3's bread and butter. It's a shitter missing Casemiro but McFred have done it before. One for the road

Unread 19-01-2023, 06:23 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I don't think Ten Hag is going to start experimenting with Martinez at CDM for Arsenal.
didn't think he's play shaw at cb ahead of a shit cb.

who knows?

we definitely need someone competent to close down the edge of the box.

Unread 19-01-2023, 07:48 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Play Lindelof or Shaw as CDM

or play 3 at the back

Fred and Son of Erik ahead and Bruno literally floating above them

Rashford should be in a muffin that costs nothing, sorry, I mean a free roll and Wim Wouters leading the line
So play lindelof who is quite shit in his natural position , defensive mid or move one of our best players away from his best position in a position he’s never played before?

At a push he could play Martinez at defensive mid. I think he’s played there before for Ajax though I’m not 100% sure

I understand the thought of fred and The Scottish Player is nauseating but let’s not do something really bad

Unread 19-01-2023, 08:18 PM
jem

Quote:
So play lindelof who is quite shit in his natural position , defensive mid or move one of our best players away from his best position in a position he’s never played before?

At a push he could play Martinez at defensive mid. I think he’s played there before for Ajax though I’m not 100% sure

I understand the thought of fred and The Scottish Player is nauseating but let’s not do something really bad
the quiggler has been pitching linda as dm for as long as.... it's far from the worst idea he's had.

whoever plays there only has to patrol 15 yards around the d and close down the long shots. maybe fred can do it.

Unread 20-01-2023, 12:24 AM
Denis Irwell

Sure, we’ll miss Case but more bothered about legs going in second half. It showed yesterday after the derby and I’m sure it will at weekend. £#%&!ing typical fa/pl giving them a free week in the lead up.

Pray we get one over these fannies

Unread 22-01-2023, 12:06 AM
redhegemony

Martial and Dalot not in the squad according to twitter

Unread 22-01-2023, 12:30 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Just don’t have any doom associated with this fixture and never really have. It’s an anxiety free rivalry although I do very much dislike them. The battle at old Trafford in which all the players bar the keepers were fighting in the late 80’s was one of my favourite ever K stand experiences.

Tomorrow - a win would be an insane result that puts us properly in the mix. They win, it moves them ahead of city so fine.. A draw is decent but also meh.

But zero stress - all that went away last weekend….

Unread 22-01-2023, 12:59 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I don't think Ten Hag is going to start experimenting with Martinez at CDM for Arsenal. We'd of already seen it if he was going to do that.

I think the team probably picks itself, (If martials fit)

........................De Gea.....................
AWB....Varane.....Martinez.....Shaw
.......................Mcfred.....................
....................Eriksen....................... .
Bruno.........Martial........Rashford.....

We've beat a superior city side away from home with a McFred partnership. Just have to be used to having so little of the ball. The goals if any will have to come from very well executed counters. Which tbh, is the front 3's bread and butter. It's a shitter missing Casemiro but McFred have done it before. One for the road
Agreed on this team.

Been some mental suggestions

Unread 22-01-2023, 01:34 AM
suedeshoes

We're going to win. He's generally shite but Fred is going to play really well.

Unread 22-01-2023, 01:55 AM
92ToBury

Our team that beat Arsenal 3-1 earlier this season:

D Gea, Malacia, Martinez, Varane, Dalot, Fernandes, Rashford, Eriksen, The Scottish Player, Antony, Sancho

No Big Dog back then, let's have faith.
Closed Thread