Originally Posted by silv View Post
Does he even speak English?
Think it’s Larry’s second language.

Unread 08-05-2024, 12:59 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Think it’s Larry’s second language.

Pathetic these stories about how much we’ve missed Martinez ffs.

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:02 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post

Pathetic these stories about how much we’ve missed Martinez ffs.
best cb in the world

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:06 PM
jem

the least important position on the pitch to have the best player in the world in that position. you just need someone basically competent (and a manager who is).

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:23 PM
Whip Hubley

Yes I'm sure Milan 94, United 08 and Inter Milan 2010 would all agree you only need competent and not world class centre backs.

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:26 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Yes I'm sure Milan 94, United 08 and Inter Milan 2010 would all agree you only need competent and not world class centre backs.
Please state the central midfields in front of these three teams please.

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:29 PM
jem

Quote:
you're not really making much of a case against what I said, are you? we won a cup with frank stapleton at cb.

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:32 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
best cb in the world
Seem to remember someone else posting that, but was being totally serious.

He's a good player and we've missed him. But if his absence alone is why we've had such a poor season, then the manager really is hopeless.

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:41 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Please state the central midfields in front of these three teams please.
Were the centre backs for these legendary teams world class or not?

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:43 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Classic jem.

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:44 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Classic jem.
Who would you pick first if you could bring one player back... Keane or Ferdinand

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick View Post
Classic jem.
thanks.

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Who would you pick first if you could bring one player back... Keane or Ferdinand
What's that got to do with what Jem said? This isn't about if it's more important to have a world class midfield or defense to be a great side (you need both FYI), this is classic jem saying you only need 'competent' centre backs.

Absolute truffle as per usual from our resident football whizz

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:52 PM
larry

didnt expect someone to find a negative in us having the best player in the world in his position
that out-er rage is strong

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
didnt expect someone to find a negative in us having the best player in the world in his position

I saw my mate, the other day
He said to me we've got Jonny Evans who's competent so we'll be fine.

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:59 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
there is nothing negative in having the best player in the world in his position (if we did). paul mcgrath is one of my fave players ever.

however, the idea that missing a cb is some kind of an excuse for the shitshow 10h has presented is laughable. have we missed him? sure. should we have coped better without him? undoubtedly.

the fact is that it is the easiest position on the field to cover, both as a player and as a manager. even luke shaw can play cb competently and he's, apparently, a moron.

obviously, it is better to have a world class cb pairing than not. if you have to compromise somewhere, though....

Quote:
evans is not competent. however, we could have set up better against palace to make it less obvious.

Unread 08-05-2024, 02:04 PM
NedKelly

All this talk of world class players and I’d be happy just to get a few semi-competent lads in.

Unread 08-05-2024, 02:11 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Your mate needs sectioned.

Unread 08-05-2024, 02:24 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Nice one, though a sign of how bad our injuries have been.

Does he know anything about Malacia?