United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-09-2023, 01:37 PM
Patty_b

The overrated call is harsh... But in any United team through the glory years he probably wouldn't be as crucial or held in as high regard than he is currently. But then he wouldn't be arguably our most important player or main contributor. Or Captain.

He's a frustrating player because he seems to have a top class attitude and desire to play, but he has that childish petulance as part of his game as well. He's consistently one of our main contributors throughout the season, but then struggles to turn up in our bigger games.

But as of now I'm happy to have him as captain, I'm happy that he's in our team, and he is a £#%&!ing great player.

Unread 15-09-2023, 08:44 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I don't get 'pissy' at alternative opinions. I believe in open debate.

I've literally had bad rep for football-related posts in this very thread where I've dared to express an opinion that goes against The Mob's belief system.

Watch out, the hyenas are about!

African Hunting Dogs.

Unread 15-09-2023, 10:58 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It’s more in the sense of the partisan-style shutdowns of anything that goes against the forum grain.

The hyenas are ready to pounce at the first opportunity of anyone questioning the majority forum positions of:

- Mount was a great signing.
- Bruno’s impact is unquestionable because he plays every minute.
- De Gea was binned off and bombed out in the correct fashion.
- Greenwood should never play for the club again.

All of the above are grey areas, yet those that don’t agree to sing from the Fred hymn sheet are railed upon for daring to question the forum party line.

This thread is perhaps the prime example of that. Bruno is far from unquestionable, and I’d go as far to say he’s an overrated stat-padder who is unfit to captain the club.

Release the hyenas upon me!
The two highlighted in particular have been argued senselessly on here. From both sides. Greenwood even had a thread with loads of dissenters.
Sticking up for DeGea is just a wum. Same with Pogba love.

Would love to know who 'The Mob' is

Unread 15-09-2023, 12:24 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Would love to know who 'The Mob' is

Unread 15-09-2023, 01:03 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Magic?

Explains the tattoo tbf

Unread 06-10-2023, 11:51 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

This post was from what a pal of mine said back when we signed him...(Jan 2020).

Quote:
An Einstein I know who works around and watches a lot of European football says he's very talented and different level to everyone else in the Portuguese league. He was sporting's Messi in that the whole team was setup and revolved around him. He's a free range player. Played as the 1 behind the 2 in sporting's 4-1-2-1-2.

He needs to be the main man. Drifts around a lot. Taking the ball all over the front line. isnt a physical/ aggressive/stamina player. Shoots a lot from unlikely positions. Makes a lot of all or nothing passes.

Not really a system player. Had licence and was by far the best on the team. a bit hit and miss, can give the ball away a lot but (there) was more than worth the risk. Can see why other clubs stayed away - can see why United went for him.
He's obviously done loads for us, but given we're a team as soft, unstable and at times chaotic as we are , this summary still rings true and explains why i don't think he's a great fit. Isn't what we need at the minute unfortunately.

Unread 06-10-2023, 11:54 AM
Chris Quayd

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/poll....ts&pollid=2365

Yet you voted for him to be captain

Unread 06-10-2023, 11:56 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
This post was from what a pal of mine said back when we signed him...(Jan 2020).

An Einstein I know who works around and watches a lot of European football says he's very talented and different level to everyone else in the Portuguese league. He was sporting's Messi in that the whole team was setup and revolved around him. He's a free range player. Played as the 1 behind the 2 in sporting's 4-1-2-1-2.

He needs to be the main man. Drifts around a lot. Taking the ball all over the front line. isnt a physical/ aggressive/stamina player. Shoots a lot from unlikely positions. Makes a lot of all or nothing passes.

Not really a system player. Had licence and was by far the best on the team. a bit hit and miss, can give the ball away a lot but (there) was more than worth the risk. Can see why other clubs stayed away - can see why United went for him.

He's obviously done loads for us, but given we're a team as soft, unstable and at times chaotic as we are , this summary still rings true and explains why i don't think he's a great fit. Isn't what we need at the minute unfortunately.
this summary still rings true and explains why he should play behind the front two with a proper midfield behind him.

Unread 06-10-2023, 12:35 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/poll....ts&pollid=2365

Yet you voted for him to be captain
Was hoping he’d be more consistent and didn’t want more upheaval given he was already captain.

Unread 06-10-2023, 12:46 PM
NedKelly

Love the guy but think we’ve ran him into the ground. I know he’s up for it but I’m convinced he’d benefit from more consistent resting.

Unread 06-10-2023, 01:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Love the guy but think we’ve ran him into the ground. I know he’s up for it but I’m convinced he’d benefit from more consistent resting.
Its weird because when things are going well, most of our support (on here) will praise him for being everywhere and playing every minute. When things aren't going well, it's ignored how much he's played and the efforts he usually makes. I think he's shattered, has to be.

Unread 06-10-2023, 01:58 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this summary still rings true and explains why he should play behind the front two with a proper midfield behind him.
But in order to do that we need incredibly capable full backs who bomb up & down all day & we simply don't. They're either broken, or shit.

We need someone like Hakimi to play right side & for Shaw to find his peak level as soon as he's back. It's by far one of the most important roles in the side & we've been utterly hamstrung both sides for years with AW-B not knowing his arse from his elbow & Shaw's fitness.

& yet we've spent ~£120m on the £#%&!ing roles, it's embarrassingly poor recruitment.

Bruno has been stellar, if everyone else in the side delivered & put in the effort he does we'd be challenging for most things. Sadly most seem to find it acceptable to coast, to not put in the graft & to hide when we need things to happen.

Unread 06-10-2023, 02:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
But in order to do that we need incredibly capable full backs who bomb up & down all day & we simply don't. They're either broken, or shit.

We need someone like Hakimi to play right side & for Shaw to find his peak level as soon as he's back. It's by far one of the most important roles in the side & we've been utterly hamstrung both sides for years with AW-B not knowing his arse from his elbow & Shaw's fitness.

& yet we've spent ~£120m on the £#%&!ing roles, it's embarrassingly poor recruitment.

Bruno has been stellar, if everyone else in the side delivered & put in the effort he does we'd be challenging for most things. Sadly most seem to find it acceptable to coast, to not put in the graft & to hide when we need things to happen.
well... yeah. we have spent badly and have injuries. most important (near-term / likely) return is reguilon. him and dalot getting up and back, amrabat where he should be (maybe mainoo, too) and we'll be golden.

Unread 06-10-2023, 03:00 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

A great player under Ole where we were less worried about system up front (aka we couldn't discern one). Mount, much more of a system player, will suit what ETH wants him to do. If Bruno doesn't adapt, we cash in.

Unread 06-10-2023, 03:23 PM
sweetleftfoot

He is a great player who, like all other great players, occasionally has bad games.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can get £#%&!ed.

Unread 06-10-2023, 03:56 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
He is a great player who, like all other great players, occasionally has bad games.

This

Him and Rashford and currently the only two players I could see as being left in a miracle transformation. Hojlund getting close.

Unread 06-10-2023, 04:18 PM
Medlock

Quote:

Unread 06-10-2023, 04:25 PM
RedNick80

Quote:

Bob.on.

Unread 06-10-2023, 04:59 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
about 99th in a list of 100 problems with the club.
Your right their are much bigger issues to be adressed!

Unread 06-10-2023, 05:34 PM
Sparky***

He's the only player in our entire team capable of scoring that goal against Burnley.

He has issues but in the long list of challenges this club faces he is nowhere near the top