United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-02-2024, 01:09 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I don’t think he is is great or exceptional but he is getting a decent amount of goals.
he isn’t setting the place on fire or a late entry for young player of the year. He is just scoring goals.

I know under ETH we haven’t had strikers that score goals so to you lot he is the best thing ever.

but I’ll reserve my judgment until it’s consistent and really impressive.

if he slaps on 20 all comps then yeah we have a beast here.

Didn’t you learn from gassing up rashford.

Unread 13-02-2024, 01:50 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
ETHs bad ! His tactics are bad ! He doesn’t know what he’s doing!

Hojlund isn’t good! All he is doing is scoring goals!

So with a bad manager “out of his depth” with bad tactics , we have a over hyped player scoring goals now

Hojlund has a few levels to raise his game. Get more reliable build up play, more control of the matches and this guy will start to get 20+ goals a season.

Even when “he wasn’t scoring” (despite him being top scorer in the champions league at the time) he was working hard, continued to make the runs, his head didn’t drop . Good to see in a striker. Always hungry and never gives up

Unread 13-02-2024, 07:52 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I

as I’ve been telling you for years direct your energy into something that will help you and your family.

If you genuinely think I’m a wum, no nothing @#%&! etc just ignore me. Don’t waste your time.
If you allow what you deem a worthless distraction to take up your time you’ll become a….actually….. never mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
You're point of personal finance was made at Zorg and is completely irrelevant about the topic of Rasmus Hojlund.

Unread 13-02-2024, 11:25 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
ETHs bad ! His tactics are bad ! He doesn’t know what he’s doing!

Hojlund isn’t good! All he is doing is scoring goals!

So with a bad manager “out of his depth” with bad tactics , we have a over hyped player scoring goals now

Hojlund has a few levels to raise his game. Get more reliable build up play, more control of the matches and this guy will start to get 20+ goals a season.

Even when “he wasn’t scoring” (despite him being top scorer in the champions league at the time) he was working hard, continued to make the runs, his head didn’t drop . Good to see in a striker. Always hungry and never gives up
Perfectly summed-up

Unread 14-02-2024, 01:05 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
His tactics are bad !
Tactics?

Unread 14-02-2024, 12:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Marlo after 10 games: Hojlund isn’t anything special

Marlo after 20 games: Let’s wait until he’s played more

Unread 14-02-2024, 01:05 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

“plodding along”

Unread 14-02-2024, 01:09 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Ffs.

Unread 14-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Tactics?
Yes , when we have the ball we create an overload on one side. The forwards push and go man to man to the opposition defenders. One of the full backs tend to push a bit more central dependent on the side the ball is on.

The winger on the opposite side tries to pull away to stretch opposition defence. We press high up in moments.

That’s not to say we have been fantastic all season, teams have beaten our press and we have conceded many times , due to the high press our midfield is often left exposed. Mainly because eriksen/The Scottish Player aren’t those players. Casemiro has been better but even his pace is dwindling. We are far from perfect , ETH will know this.

When Martinez and shaw aren’t playing our weaker defenders who aren’t as good on the ball tend to play slower and struggle to pass through the lines and get it up the pitch more quicker .as the game goes on confidence drops.

Generally speaking the wingers haven’t provided much for hojlund when we are in these positions , however last few weeks we have seen some improvements.

ETH tries to implement a way of playing, there are clear signs of what he’s trying to do but made much harder when we have to play out 4/5th choice CBs who aren’t as quick , more susceptible when we press higher as their lack of speed is exposed.same defenders who cannot pass as well so they play it safe and sideways, eventually inviting pressure or giving confidence to opposition.

Sprinkle a general level of shiteness from some of the players added into the mix and it looks like ETH doesn’t have a plan. Not to mention Neville talking his nonsense about no pattern and play.

At any given time we have had key players out and the back ups aren’t good enough to execute his system.

Big Jim is in, we hopefully will improve our first team and our general squad . Get a CB, CM , and cover striker . Maybe a RB if we still can and we are cooking next season

Unread 18-02-2024, 07:40 PM
AK14

Youngest player to score in six consecutive games according to sky.

Not bad considering he’s not that good…

Unread 18-02-2024, 07:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

He was always likely to go on a run once he broke his (league) duck.

Unread 18-02-2024, 07:43 PM
Dr Stranger

First PL brace, youngest player to score in 6 in a row, but most importantly: only 7 more goals until Marlo is impressed

Unread 18-02-2024, 07:45 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Another difficult weekend for Marlo. United win, ETH winning streak, the plodder scores for the sixth game in a row, gets two goals and Sancho might as well be on strike again.

Unread 18-02-2024, 07:47 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Another difficult weekend for Marlo
marlo doesnt hate utd as much as lok does

Unread 18-02-2024, 07:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
marlo doesnt hate utd as much as lok does
He (marlo) just hates the manager really.

Unread 18-02-2024, 07:51 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Depends which one is on.

Unread 19-02-2024, 12:07 PM
wiganste

You feel like he's going to score every game he plays now.
Of course that's not going to happen but it's great going into games with that mindset.

That 1st goal yesterday - he had no right to get anywhere near it. Great anticipation from him and he bust a £#%&!ing lung to get there. He's gonna be ace this kid

Unread 19-02-2024, 12:16 PM
Zorg

Superb chest for the second goal. Like a young Fellaini

Unread 19-02-2024, 12:45 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Another difficult weekend for Marlo. United win, ETH winning streak, the plodder scores for the sixth game in a row, gets two goals and Sancho might as well be on strike again.
still mentioning me...

hojlund is looking good. im happy.
united could nick a ecl place even though I doubt it but would love it.

sancho isn't my brother or client, I just understood his POV.

as I've said to you before I'm not hung up on my united opinions. if im wrong, what does it mean?

focus your energy on bettering your life bro. not on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
exactly.

someone cant understand that and think they are point scoring on me.