United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:14 PM
saffers

Martial thinks he will outlast Mou?

Martial will fall in line, like all of them. If not, scram to the reserves.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:14 PM
Sapien

Point of order: Ed Woodward was never a hedge fund manager.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:15 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
But since when did he have the qualities to be DoF? It's decisions based on finance isn't it, well whether a player has resale value which doesn't always help the squad given what it needs.

For example United need two wingers but don't really have the pull anymore (IMO) for the best. So say we need a hard working winger one side, and someone else on the other which would benefit the starting XI is it right for Ed to look at targets and say nah can't have them, no tshirt sales or no resale value (but they would improve the team). I can't wrap my head around it atm, surely he's not doing that kind of shit?
Never mind us actually making stars like Ronaldo and Beckham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's unworkable when you're briefing the press about the details and absolutely taking the piss out of the manager.

I'll be happy when Mou leaves but Jesus, man up and sack him rather than all this public undermining. They can overrule him on things, but keep it indoors. This constant desire to tell the press how much they are pushing Mou about is pathetic.

At this rate he'll do well to still be here in November. They clearly don't have any respect for him.
It’ll be more of the same with the next manager too

Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
It's unworkable when you're briefing the press about the details and absolutely taking the piss out of the manager.

I'll be happy when Mou leaves but Jesus, man up and sack him rather than all this public undermining. They can overrule him on things, but keep it indoors. This constant desire to tell the press how much they are pushing Mou about is pathetic.

At this rate he'll do well to still be here in November. They clearly don't have any respect for him.
This too.

Buck

Quote:
But since when did he have the qualities to be DoF? It's decisions based on finance isn't it, well whether a player has resale value which doesn't always help the squad given what it needs.

For example United need two wingers but don't really have the pull anymore (IMO) for the best. So say we need a hard working winger one side, and someone else on the other which would benefit the starting XI is it right for Ed to look at targets and say nah can't have them, no tshirt sales or no resale value (but they would improve the team). I can't wrap my head around it atm, surely he's not doing that kind of shit?
It's easy to say otherwise with hindsight but doubt many were bemoaning Woodward's failure to bring in Peresic for £50M when Sanchez rocked up a few months later in a straight-swap

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:16 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Never mind us actually making stars like Ronaldo and Beckham.

It’ll be more of the same with the next manager too
Agree with both of those points. Not sure if any coming through the youth set up are of that ilk mind you.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Martial thinks he will outlast Mou?

Martial will fall in line, like all of them. If not, scram to the reserves.
Mou is toast, pal. It may not be next week (although it wouldn't surprise me) and there may even be a mini revival at some stage. But the wall is plastered with writing. Not sure anything has ever been more obvious than how £#%&!ed he is.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
It's easy to say otherwise with hindsight but doubt many were bemoaning Woodward's failure to bring in Peresic for £50M when Sanchez rocked up a few months later in a straight-swap
Not Perisic, but I did say back then that I'd have preferred United to sign an out and out winger. That's what was and still is needed. Well two of the feckers.

Reports suggested United were looking at Moura too!!

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:18 PM
saffers

Quote:
Mou is toast, pal. It may not be next week (although it wouldn't surprise me) and there may even be a mini revival at some stage. But the wall is plastered with writing. Not sure anything has ever been more obvious than how £#%&!ed he is.
Not going anywhere.

No grounds to sack him. Three games into a season and drama whipped up by ABU media, mou haters etc

Nothing stories.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Not going anywhere.

No grounds to sack him. Three games into a season and drama whipped up by ABU media, mou haters etc

Nothing stories.
Which seems to include everyone at the club.

He's done and I think he knows it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:25 PM
saffers

Quote:
Can't wait for woodward to be binned.

Only then will we prosper again.

Quote:
Which seems to include everyone at the club.

He's done and I think he knows it.
Players are backing him, they don't play like they did v spurs if they aren't. See de gea's tweet which he later deleted?

Pogba who has Raiola badgering him and the deadbeat dad martial dont represent the whole club. Pogba has clearly downed tools and id drop him v Burnley.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:28 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

I said the other day but can you imagine Nicky Butt reporting into Ed? It would be like these two:

‘How’s it going with the young players Nicholas?
‘Not bad Sir’
‘Good and how is Mrs Nicholas?’ Etc

Like Siders said and based on what we think we know, it can’t possibly work out.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Can't wait for woodward to be binned.

Only then will we prosper again.

Players are backing him, they don't play like they did v spurs if they aren't. See de gea's tweet which he later deleted?

Pogba who has Raiola badgering him and the deadbeat dad martial dont represent the whole club. Pogba has clearly downed tools and id drop him v Burnley.
You get reactions from players. United turning the Olympiakos tie after downing tools first leg. United played similarly at home to Chelsea the next game after LvG's lowpoint at Stoke; lots of intensity from the kick off. Reactions like that are natural.

It's when you get a setback you see the real character. They gave up after going a goal down though. Nobody seemed arsed.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:31 PM
saffers

People who think he is anywhere near the sack are clearly dreaming.

There are zero grounds to sack him, absolutely nothing from the leadership indicates they are about to sack him either.

They wouldn't dare. They'd be in huge trouble and rightly so. He has succeeded at the club thus far and the fans are happy with him. We would be worse than a sacking club if all it takes is two losses in a row to lose a job.

Great to see the real fans who sit in the stretty humiliate the shit out of you anti mourinho fools who were dreaming of discontent. Gonna be an even bigger reaction from the team come Sunday I suspect. We'll absolutely destroy Burnley imo. Run in 4 or 5 goals. Need to drop Pogba who is quickly becoming a cancer.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:32 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

It's when you get a setback you see the real character. They gave up after going a goal down though. Nobody seemed arsed.
To be fair to Mou, that seems to a long term trend.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

There are zero grounds to sack him, absolutely nothing from the leadership indicates they are about to sack him either.

They wouldn't dare. They'd be in huge trouble and rightly so. He has succeeded at the club thus far and the fans are happy with him. We would be worse than a sacking club if all it takes is two losses in a row to lose a job.

Great to see the real fans who sit in the stretty humiliate the shit out of you anti mourinho fools who were dreaming of discontent. Gonna be an even bigger reaction from the team come Sunday I suspect. We'll absolutely destroy Burnley imo. Run in 4 or 5 goals. Need to drop Pogba who is quickly becoming a cancer.

Drop Pogba !!!

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
To be fair to Mou, that seems to a long term trend.
It does. For me it's not just losing back-to-back games and showing woeful reactions to going behind in both, it's the open discord. Pogba's comments after Leicester were incredible, really. Just blatant and unapologetic undermining of the manager.

Around the same time the club started to brief against him, which seems to be continuing at a greater pace now. When you look at the squad, half of whom Mou has gone out of his way to slag off, it's hard to see where he finds the allies to turn it around.

The club are a shambles. I don't and never have wanted Mourinho, but the power plays and politics in broad daylight are embarrassing.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:36 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

The fans don’t universally back him. Out of my group, most want rid for example. Not spoken to a match goer who actually likes him tbh but few know what the solution is - the board coming in for some stick is helpful to mou.

But get over yourself if you think a few helium balloon singers in the stretty represent the attending fans.

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:37 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
The fans don’t universally back him. Out of my group, most want rid for example. Not spoken to a match goer who actually likes him tbh but few know what the solution is - the board coming in for some stick is helpful to mou.

But get over yourself if you think a few helium balloon singers in the stretty represent the attending fans.
Yup, crybabies on here are the real representatives of fans. Not the thousands of fans who stand and applaud Mou after a 3-0 loss, singing his name. Yup yup!

Quote:

Drop Pogba !!!
Drop him until he sacks Raiola. No joke.

Lost respect for the boy after his recent behaviour and comments. Disrespects the club. Forget mou. Mou ain't the club. He's disrespected the club by allying with raiola. I mean the comments aimed at scholesy as well......
Closed Thread