Out 54 60.67%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Would help if I shared the link, wouldn’t it

https://x.com/centredevils/status/17...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
You can tell straight off the bat that he gets us.

He knows how hard it is for a man with really puny arms to lift proper silverware. But he’s managed to lift it.

At the end of the day, when he’s finished taking 5E through double geography, he’s a footballing man.

Old 07-05-2024, 06:28 PM
BigRonManager

Tuchel is a worm. He’s the only manager I know who could cede the high ground to Antonio £#%&!ing Conte. Might as well bring Mourinho back.

Old 07-05-2024, 06:43 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Tuchel is a worm. He’s the only manager I know who could cede the high ground to Antonio £#%&!ing Conte. Might as well bring Mourinho back.
Confident we wouldn't see him as long term appointment, just to get us back into top 4 then see us going for Alonso/Nagelsmann type IF available

Old 07-05-2024, 07:59 PM
browser

As bad a hand as he has been dealt with injuries, off field dramas and the board, he has managed things so poorly these last few months. Ultimately he’s paid to manage.

I think he has to go now.

Loathe as I am to see this squad finish off another manger, he has failed the ineos audition spectacularly. He refuses to change his approach and stands on the sidelines like a rabbit in the headlights when the inevitable happens.

Teams target us and we do nothing about it. Protecting Evans and Casemiro with Eriksen yesterday was criminal really. Without Europe, we have enough time between games that he should have at least drilled us to be compact and hard to beat. The team is devoid of confidence, at rock bottom and the figurehead is giving us nothing. The job has done him.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:19 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Confident we wouldn't see him as long term appointment, just to get us back into top 4 then see us going for Alonso/Nagelsmann type IF available
Problem is though that, short term managers get you Varanes, Casemiros, Eric Dyers etc, players that will do the job for you for a year, maybe two, then become unflushable at United because of the wages they’re on.

He’s a decent short term manager, tuchel, but one who ultimately fell out with a bunch of spoilt brat players. Our lot would have him back on the dole within a fortnight of the latest release of Call of duty.

With one or two notable exceptions, I hate our players. A bigger bunch of overpaid, overhyped, out of touch, lazy dunderheads I don’t think exists on the planet. My hope was ETH would rid us of them all while being able and adept enough to win football matches, with the ability to vary tactics as needed. It seems he’s incapable of the latter.

It’s all truly depressing, and the notion of ‘give it to Steve McLaren for the rest of the season’ as a sticking plaster makes me want to give up on the whole thing.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:23 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Problem is though that, short term managers get you Varanes, Casemiros, Eric Dyers etc, players that will do the job for you for a year, maybe two, then become unflushable at United because of the wages they’re on.

He’s a decent short term manager, tuchel, but one who ultimately fell out with a bunch of spoilt brat players. Our lot would have him back on the dole within a fortnight of the latest release of Call of duty.

With one or two notable exceptions, I hate our players. A bigger bunch of overpaid, overhyped, out of touch, lazy dunderheads I don’t think exists on the planet. My hope was ETH would rid us of them all while being able and adept enough to win football matches, with the ability to vary tactics as needed. It seems he’s incapable of the latter.

It’s all truly depressing, and the notion of ‘give it to Steve McLaren for the rest of the season’ as a sticking plaster makes me want to give up on the whole thing.
a short term manager, this time, with the appropriate hierarchy in place deciding the transfer policy long term

Old 07-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
a short term manager, this time, with the appropriate hierarchy in place deciding the transfer policy long term
Where has this policy worked in the past, or working currently? Genuine question, can’t think of anywhere off the top of my head.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:39 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Where has this policy worked in the past, or working currently? Genuine question, can’t think of anywhere off the top of my head.
Chelsea, Real Madrid, City (pre Guardiola), Barcelona…

Old 07-05-2024, 08:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
barcelona
real madrid
bayern munich

Old 07-05-2024, 08:42 PM
Hyman_Roth

Not sure why Steve m brought in after the Arsenal loss stirs up such an issue. He’s had more to do with the success of this club than ten hag could ever dream of. We’re getting worse ffs - everyone expects ten hag to be booted so what are we doing keeping him? We have one important match left to play - we’ve got no chance playing ten hag tactics with a group of disillusioned players who clearly don’t buy into it.

It makes no sense trying to play with a losing hand.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:43 PM
NedKelly

You know what else Barcelona, Madrid etc do? Get rid of players ruthlessly if they’re not cutting it.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:45 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Chelsea, Real Madrid, City (pre Guardiola), Barcelona…
Aside fro mother totally corrupt clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
You know what else Barcelona, Madrid etc do? Get rid of players ruthlessly if they’re not cutting it.
Who’s be mug enough to buy them though?

Oh….

Old 07-05-2024, 08:49 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
barcelona
real madrid
bayern munich
But apart from at 3 of the biggest clubs in the world, where has it worked?

Old 07-05-2024, 08:50 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
But apart from at 3 of the biggest clubs and most successful clubs in the world, where has it worked?

Amended

Old 07-05-2024, 09:08 PM
AK14

We all know it’s going to be Southgate.

Just get used to it now

Old 07-05-2024, 09:14 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post

Just get used to it now

We’ve had “the brand” now let’s have “the bland”

The Ian Duncan smith of football management

Old 07-05-2024, 09:36 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
But apart from at 3 of the biggest clubs in the world, where has it worked?

Ten Hag would be having pig heads and toupées thrown at him if he was in charge at Madrid

Old 07-05-2024, 09:41 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post

Just get used to it now

That Santi fella is pushing it whereas Pete Hall is still saying Tuchel. Not surprised there are a couple more yes votes after that tweet

Old 11-05-2024, 02:46 PM
Sparky***

He's got a point with mentioning our injury situation but this shit needs to stop

For someone who started out his stint here not making any excuses, he's gone into overdrive in the last few weeks with them. Sounds like someone who knows his time is up and is trying to give his time here some context.

Old 11-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
He's got a point with mentioning our injury situation but this shit needs to stop

https://x.com/UtdDistrict/status/1789223899064152295

For someone who started out his stint here not making any excuses, he's gone into overdrive in the last few weeks with them. Sounds like someone who knows his time is up and is trying to give his time here some context.
He should have been going in about it all the time all season, for all the horrendous decisions that went against us, especially after the whinge fest that accompanied Onana not getting the electric chair after his attempt to get the ball against wolves. The decisions in the arsenal game were a joke, the penalty we didn’t get against spurs, all early on and not given because of the wolves game and media pressure.

Maybe if he’d chirped up then, rather than now, we might not have had the lord of those two joke penalties at Chelsea given against us. He didn’t though, and doing so now is both a little desperate and bad management.