United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We didn't sign Perisic a year ago because of the club suits quibbling over a few million. Was that the manager's fault as well?
How do you know that’s true?

Unread 30-07-2018, 05:34 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We didn't sign Perisic a year ago because of the club suits quibbling over a few million. Was that the manager's fault as well?
Even if that were true having another left winger who could track back would have made us closer to the Berts how?

Genuinely, I'm serious how would signing Perisic made a tinkers cuss of difference to the outcome of last season?

Unread 30-07-2018, 05:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
How do you know that’s true?
I don't "know" it is, but that claim has been made by some informed observers.

Unread 30-07-2018, 05:52 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I know. But some like to forget. He started off signing experienced pros and selling some fan favourites. Leighton, McClair, Donaghy, Milne, Bruce, Anderson. Hardly young and exciting players with an eye on the future and brilliant, attacking football. Every managers first objective is steady the ship, sort the dressing room and get the results needed to survive in the job.

Fergie wouldn’t have survived his second full season these days. Imagine finishing second in your first full season and then dropping to thirteenth the following season. Instant sacking.

You can’t get a more depressing signing than mal £#%&!ing donaghy. Or Ralph Milne. Mike phelan to play on the right anyone? Now we’re moaning about maybe signing a Brazilian international winger. The hardships of being a united fan. Maybe some should support bury or Rochdale for a few months.
And 11th the season after

Unread 30-07-2018, 06:11 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Even if that were true having another left winger who could track back would have made us closer to the Berts how?

Genuinely, I'm serious how would signing Perisic made a tinkers cuss of difference to the outcome of last season?
He has played predominantly from the right , we were definitely lacking in that department.

Unread 30-07-2018, 07:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

He doesn't even really do that. There's an assumption being made that Perisic is a real Mourinho player, but he's not really. He doesn't cover his full-back very well, he's massively inconsistent both during games and throughout the season and he's largely an instinct player.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was Mourinho who decided not to go the extra yard to get him.

Unread 30-07-2018, 07:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He doesn't even really do that. There's an assumption being made that Perisic is a real Mourinho player, but he's not really. He doesn't cover his full-back very well, he's massively inconsistent both during games and throughout the season and he's largely an instinct player.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was Mourinho who decided not to go the extra yard to get him.
Do you just watch football 24/7 or something?

Unread 30-07-2018, 07:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
And 11th the season after
Actually I think it was second in 1987-88, 11th in 1988-89 and 13th in 1989/90?

(United were actually in the drop zone for parts of the latter campaign)

Unread 30-07-2018, 08:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Do you just watch football 24/7 or something?
He's been playing at the top level or thereabouts for the last 6-7 years. Plays for a little club called Inter. They're in Milan fyi.

Unread 30-07-2018, 08:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's been playing at the top level or thereabouts for the last 6-7 years. Plays for a little club called Inter. They're in Milan fyi.

How dare you actually know what you’re talking about pal.

Unread 30-07-2018, 08:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

How dare you actually know what you’re talking about pal.
Especially about these random players who play in World Cup finals and for small provincial clubs like Inter and Dortmund.

Unread 30-07-2018, 10:28 PM
AK14

Unread 31-07-2018, 02:36 PM
plopborsky

I hope the £#%&! this @#%&! off asap.

Unread 01-08-2018, 10:31 AM
saffers

Martial facing a 2 week fine for refusing to return to work. Won't be nice to miss out on £180k. Badly advised young man imo.

Unread 01-08-2018, 10:32 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Martial facing a 2 week fine for refusing to return to work. Won't be nice to miss out on £180k. Badly advised young man imo.
Nqat

He’ll have issues where ever he goes.

People said he was the new Thierry Henry...

Turns out he’s the new Anelka.

Unread 01-08-2018, 11:23 AM
puressence

see ya

Unread 01-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Nqat

He’ll have issues where ever he goes.

People said he was the new Thierry Henry...

Turns out he’s the new Anelka.
Why is he either Henry or Anelka?

Unread 01-08-2018, 11:31 AM
AK14

Quote:
Why is he either Henry or Anelka?
French

Striker/left forward

Talented/moody £#%&!

Unread 01-08-2018, 11:31 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I responded in the other thread, UK Law on paternity leave is 2 consecutive weeks, he won't get fined a penny.

Unread 01-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Ethers

Quote:
I responded in the other thread, UK Law on paternity leave is 2 consecutive weeks, he won't get fined a penny.
Correct.
Closed Thread