United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 04-05-2024, 06:09 AM
Lok

Default Moyes leaving West Ham

Seems a really odd one. He's done a decent job there and won them their first trophy in ages. It's hard to see them doing better.

Unread 04-05-2024, 10:02 AM
Finport Red

He just needed a decade of time before being given more time…

Unread 04-05-2024, 10:15 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
He just needed a decade of time before being given more time…

I still can't believe we employed him.

Unread 04-05-2024, 10:18 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
I still can't believe we employed him.
Remember him “making it difficult” for Newcastle against us, premier league.champions, at home ?

Unread 04-05-2024, 10:37 AM
Jack Duckworth

The United job was just too big for him. He's a good manager and has done a really good job there. I'm not sure where West Ham think they should be? Be careful what you wish for.

Unread 04-05-2024, 10:48 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Remember him “making it difficult” for Newcastle against us, premier league.champions, at home ?
Some of the downtalking of our club and standards that season was an absolute disgrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
The United job was just too big for him. He's a good manager and has done a really good job there. I'm not sure where West Ham think they should be? Be careful what you wish for.
Agree. Would love whoever cones in next to send the Brexit #@&%!s down.

Unread 04-05-2024, 10:53 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Agree Jack. Their Aston Villa Martin O’Neill moment.

Unread 04-05-2024, 11:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Some of the downtalking of our club and standards that season was an absolute disgrace.
Err if I speak etc

Unread 04-05-2024, 11:06 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
They’re one of the worst clubs for delusions of grandeur. They won their first trophy last season since the Middle Ages and they’ve had a solid season this year. They’ve got some entertaining talent
In there with Bowen, Kudus and Paquata. This is probably the most consistent West Ham side of the last 20 years.

Managers like Moyes are becoming ever more unfashionable. They’ll ditch him for some hipster sketchers gimp who crouches on the touchline

Unread 04-05-2024, 11:12 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
They’re one of the worst clubs for delusions of grandeur. They won their first trophy last season since the Middle Ages and they’ve had a solid season this year. They’ve got some entertaining talent
In there with Bowen, Kudus and Paquata. This is probably the most consistent West Ham side of the last 20 years.

Managers like Moyes are becoming ever more unfashionable. They’ll ditch him for some hipster sketchers gimp who crouches on the touchline
I think Quayders is pretty settled in the states tbh.

Unread 04-05-2024, 12:24 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post

Lopetegui is the name on the street. The ungrateful, delusional cockney @#%&!s have wanted rid since they lost a couple of games in November. They are no marks and should be worshipping him as a god.

For once I feel sorry for old Custard Teeth. Fortunately he’ll do some Brent esque interview soon and normality will be restored.

Unread 04-05-2024, 12:35 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Wow.

Just quoting to make sure it's not missed due to time zone quiet hours

Unread 04-05-2024, 06:48 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Everyone’s a Moyes fan all of a sudden eh. How the turntables…

Unread 04-05-2024, 08:55 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Good lord

Unread 04-05-2024, 09:04 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Seems a really odd one. He's done a decent job there and won them their first trophy in ages. It's hard to see them doing better.
yeah, but wh is really his level, united never was... utter joke that was

Unread 06-05-2024, 09:56 AM
armchair

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:04 AM
NedKelly

And just like that…

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:22 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
why is this guy rated?
ex gks shouldnt be managers

managerial history:
porto - won nothing in 2 years
spain - sacked two days before first game of the world cup
real madrid - sacked after 2 months
sevilla - ok won europa league
wolves - 13th

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Thought he came across as an utter #@&%! during his short time at Wolves too

Unread 06-05-2024, 03:12 PM
Lok

The whole thing us just odd to me. Is it because he sounds more exotic? It feels impossible to believe he will do a better job, so what's the point? Change for changes sake?