United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Innit. I honestly can’t remember anything he’s done since that goal at Wembley against Everton. What games has he won for us? What outstanding performances have there been? What evidence is there that he’s a world-class player being held back by Mourinho the big meanie?
Tbf pal he's scored against City, Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea in the last couple of months alone

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:43 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf pal he's scored against City, Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea in the last couple of months alone
ffs

Unread 18-12-2018, 10:21 AM
dunk

Quote:

Unread 18-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Right. Erm. Is that the evidence? Charlie Austin or some other no-mark has probably done similar. If scoring a couple of tap-ins in nothing matches is meant to have us excited then it’s a jolly poor show.

Unread 18-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Innit. I honestly can’t remember anything he’s done since that goal at Wembley against Everton. What games has he won for us? What outstanding performances have there been? What evidence is there that he’s a world-class player being held back by Mourinho the big meanie?

Quote:

G2c Jose making Tone shine

Unread 18-12-2018, 10:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
[/b]

G2c Jose making Tone shine
Having not picked him for the bulk of his time in charge..

Still. Doesn't matter now.

Unread 18-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Having not picked him for the bulk of his time in charge..

Still. Doesn't matter now.

Well, the boy had his personal problems. Arm around the shoulder from Jose worked wonders. All good now.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Right. Erm. Is that the evidence? Charlie Austin or some other no-mark has probably done similar. If scoring a couple of tap-ins in nothing matches is meant to have us excited then it’s a jolly poor show.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Knockers can't remember any of our matches and blames Martial

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

Knockers can't remember any of our matches and blames Martial
I like Toneh, NQAT. Just not into piping him off when you look at our rivals and they each have about four forwards each who’ve been miles more effective than him in the last two seasons. I’ll happily join in if he starts playing like a demon.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
I like Toneh, NQAT. Just not into piping him off when you look at our rivals and they each have about four forwards each who’ve been miles more effective than him in the last two seasons. I’ll happily join in if he starts playing like a demon.
Nobody is playing like a demon in this United side mate.

Take any of those other forwards, stick them in our side and they'd all look very average.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Nobody is playing like a demon in this United side mate.

Take any of those other forwards, stick them in our side and they'd all look very average.
At some point one of them is going to have to take some responsibility and drag us into some form. I suppose my point is that if Martial was truly special he’d be the one doing it.

Unread 18-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
At some point one of them is going to have to take some responsibility and drag us into some form. I suppose my point is that if Martial was truly special he’d be the one doing it.
And I disagree.

He's taken plenty of responsibility recently.

Scored twice at Chelsea while our defence was leaking as usual. Scored the winner against Everton. An equaliser against Bournemouth in our worst half of football all season. An equaliser against Newcastle in a 3-2 win. An equaliser against arsenal.

All in a dreadful side in dreadful form. Supported by a 34 year old full back.... and he still got dropped and given shit in the media by his manager.

He is one of the few players to step up this season in the shittest of shit seasons.

Unread 18-12-2018, 01:14 PM
messhead

Quote:
Didn't he drag us through about 8 games in a row? Have you watched us this season?

Unread 18-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Didn't he drag us through about 8 games in a row? Have you watched us this season?
Yes. If you were wowed by his performances then fair play. For me he was no better or worse than any of the other non-entities that have been getting a game.

Unread 18-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Yes. If you were wowed by his performances then fair play. For me he was no better or worse than any of the other non-entities that have been getting a game.
Come on mate, this started with you saying you can't remember anything he's done some scoring a semi final winner against Everton.

A few people have just provided several examples of match-changing goals this season, including big games.

He's been better than the other non-entities because he's our top scorer.

In all honesty, you've had an absolute nightmare on this one

Unread 18-12-2018, 01:35 PM
messhead

Quote:
How many players do you see give 90 minute master classes in teams that are playing awfully? Even messi has disappeared in games where barca have been a bit shit. The key is looking at the magic moments, when martial has scored its normally been via him starting the movement and finishing it. Hes scored a couple of absolute belters and his footwork can be genuinely astounding at times. Im not sure why you can't see the correlation between a teams overall performance and a players overall performance. In a city, or a Liverpool or even Chelsea he'd be thriving.

Unread 18-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Knockers

Christ
I didn’t realise it was such a heresy to suggest that this lad hasn’t been playing to a ‘truly special’ standard. We see what we want to see I suppose.

Unread 18-12-2018, 01:48 PM
utd99

Distanced himself from the dab gang, kept his head down, scored a few and shown glimpses. Right direction. Now make some £#%&!ing runs...

Unread 18-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Christ
I didn’t realise it was such a heresy to suggest that this lad hasn’t been playing to a ‘truly special’ standard. We see what we want to see I suppose.
That's not what people took issue with though is it.

You said you couldn't remember anything he'd done since 2016. Cue people rattling off a load of stuff he'd done

That's all. No big bold claims outside of that.

Come on, you messed up. Come on....c'mere...
Closed Thread