United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2018, 12:46 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That's just the first solid thread I came across. I suspect you'd been throwing shade at the big man a long time before

Think you were hounding him when we were top of the table. Then 6th under Mou was no big deal
Wow. Hints of double standards.

Accusation or simple misunderstanding?

Unread 04-08-2018, 06:34 AM
saffers

Quote:
That's just the first solid thread I came across. I suspect you'd been throwing shade at the big man a long time before

Think you were hounding him when we were top of the table. Then 6th under Mou was no big deal
Doubt you'll find any posts/threads of me dissing lvg before long into the season.

Top of the league? Don't remember us being top of the league his first season.

6th place irrelevant when you've got cl football and 3 cups pal.

Unread 04-08-2018, 08:46 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
FWIW I think backing LvG for 7 months. Once we did a bit better and changed the formation I backed him again btw because i'm purely about the facts and not agendas.
So you’re fickle?

Unread 04-08-2018, 09:13 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
So you’re fickle?
Nah, wanted us to play better football. Wasn't against the coach because he's the coach. If that makes me fickle then i'm fickle.

I'm guessing the "fickle" tag is so many on here are stuck in their trenches defending the same positions for years.

Unread 04-08-2018, 03:31 PM
utd99

Quote:

No one loves winning the November league quite as much as you. Fair play I say.

#christmasparade

Unread 05-08-2018, 10:10 AM
puressence

not travelled to bayern

Unread 05-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
not travelled to bayern
Be interesting to see if Jose spins this in his favour.
'I learned that is partner was not doing so good, difficult birth, difficult (insert random noun); so I insisted he take some more time with is family'

Or is he on his way.

Unread 05-08-2018, 10:51 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
not travelled to bayern

Unread 05-08-2018, 10:57 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
be interesting to see if jose spins this in his favour.
'i learned that is partner was not doing so good, difficult birth, difficult (insert random noun); so i insisted he take some more time with is family'

or is he on his way.
id imagine he will bury him further ..

Unread 05-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Paul Smith

Martial is clearly a goner, deal already agreed I reckon.

Unread 05-08-2018, 09:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No one loves winning the November league quite as much as you. Fair play I say.

#christmasparade
Latest we've been top of the table since Fergie left.

Wasn't good enough though. Three years later and it would be good enough this November I reckon. Progress.

Unread 05-08-2018, 09:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Latest we've been top of the table since Fergie left.
That sounds like something Moyes would say to big himself up.

Unread 05-08-2018, 10:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That sounds like something Moyes would say to big himself up.
You're very much missing the point. If we're top in November this year I doubt anyone will say the football is too shit to put up with it.

Unread 05-08-2018, 10:09 PM
andyroo

Quote:
You're very much missing the point. If we're top in November this year I doubt anyone will say the football is too shit to put up with it.
Let's hope this theory gets tested at least

Unread 06-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Ethers

Impressive stuff from someone who apparently doesn’t want to fight for his place.

Unread 06-08-2018, 11:06 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
https://twitter.com/manutdinpidgin/s...92958097084416

Impressive stuff from someone who apparently doesn’t want to fight for his place.
Or a place elsewhere.

If, as we're told, he wants to leave then I don't blame him one bit.

Good work ethic, true professional.

Unread 06-08-2018, 01:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
Maybe not, but then again they didn’t with van Gaal either. It was only when the shit on a stick football was married to utter failure in the league that people wanted action. It will be the same with Mourinho. It would be the same with anyone.

Unread 06-08-2018, 03:39 PM
LFOD

This guy has the talent and Jose isn't the only mgr to drop him - 1 in 18 for France. They did ok without him. That being said anyway United could move both him and Jose?

Quote:
Maybe not, but then again they didn’t with van Gaal either. It was only when the shit on a stick football was married to utter failure in the league that people wanted action. It will be the same with Mourinho. It would be the same with anyone.

I remember asking mates how are we top of the tree we're shit. Should have £#%&!ed him off in December. United kept sliding.

Unread 06-08-2018, 05:06 PM
utd99

I’ve been assuming the whole ‘top in November’ thing was just a bit of a wind-up, along the lines of the Lahm-quote and ‘setting the platform for future success’ things.

Please tell me it’s a wind up.

Unread 06-08-2018, 05:22 PM
Chris Quayd

A wum repeated often enough is still a wum, September 26 we beat Sunderland to go top by a point, we stayed there for a week. The only thing we managed in November was to win the early KO at Watford and go top for about 3 hours before everybody else had played
Closed Thread