United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:03 PM
dunk

Dangerous from Ajax. Players choose to join them as a stepping stone, if they refuse to let players leave, even for daft money, it’s going to put others off you’d think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Ajax have an amount they need to generate from player sales each season. Once they've reached that amount, they will become incredibly reluctant to sell anyone they see as a key player. It's first come first serve with clubs like this.
If we hadn't f***ed about for so long at the start f the window, we could have had him and Martinez for under 60 mill. The club arrogantly assumed it would be easy and ended up paying a post budget premium for Martinez. There's almost no way Ajax will sell us Antony now. They have already sold way past what they needed to.

The truly embarrassing part is that any half competent recruitment department would have known this and gone for those targets right off the bat. I'd hazard a guess Ten Hag will have told them all about this. It's probably the basis for a lot of his frustration.
Utter conjecture. Little to no chance you get 2 key players on good contracts for under £60m de Ligt and de Jong both went for over £60m each.

Pretty sure Antony was injured early doors from last season and we went for Timber first, hence the delay on Martinez.

All part of the dance.

He’s still not training and isn’t available for the weekend’s game. This will happen imo.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:04 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dangerous from Ajax. Players choose to join them as a stepping stone, if they refuse to let players leave, even for daft money, it’s going to put others off you’d think.

Agreed. Their trophy wins and long term success is built on hunting down talent, developing it and selling those players on for profit. If players stop coming to them, Ajax will have to clean up without scouring.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:04 PM
Curtis

Those were the first two out the door that summer and both were negotiated prior to the window. This summer Ajax had made player sales before anyone put a bid in for Martinez.

Not conjecture, wind your neck in.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Utter conjecture. Little to no chance you get 2 key players on good contracts for under £60m de Ligt and de Jong both went for over £60m each.

Pretty sure Antony was injured early doors from last season and we went for Timber first, hence the delay on Martinez.

https://twitter.com/elko_b/status/15...oYncBAUBrWVVGA

All part of the dance.

He’s still not training and isn’t available for the weekend’s game. This will happen imo.
For about £20m more than it should have.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Those were the first two out the door that summer and both were negotiated prior to the window. This summer Ajax had made player sales before anyone put a bid in for Martinez.

Not conjecture, wind your neck in.
What? It’s 100% conjecture. I’ve even proven it with examples of sales miles above what you claim they’d have happily handed over two of their key players for

Antony is probably a bit more expensive than he should’ve been, but it’s £15-20m and is the fault of Munich and Dortmund for nicking 3 players early doors, 2 of which were for next to £#%&! all.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:17 PM
suedeshoes

If United are actually willing to pay that much, Ajax will rip their hands off

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:18 PM
dunk

It will happen.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:23 PM
goonlooca

Still talking

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:26 PM
Curtis

Quote:
What? It’s 100% conjecture. I’ve even proven it with examples of sales miles above what you claim they’d have happily handed over two of their key players for

Antony is probably a bit more expensive than he should’ve been, but it’s £15-20m and is the fault of Munich and Dortmund for nicking 3 players early doors, 2 of which were for next to f*** all.
Proven it? Two players that went for around 120 mill. This season they have sold Haller for 28, Gravenberch for 16, Schuurs for 8, Tagliafico for nearly 4 and Kotarski for 1. That's 57 million before the 52 they got for Martinez. Nearly 110 mill, similar amount to the amount they got for the other two lads. You f***ing blanket.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:31 PM
Dr Stranger

It’s ok, Big Suze is on the case

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Proven it? Two players that went for around 120 mill. This season they have sold Haller for 28, Gravenberch for 16, Schuurs for 8, Tagliafico for nearly 4 and Kotarski for 1. That's 57 million before the 52 they got for Martinez. Nearly 110 mill, similar amount to the amount they got for the other two lads. You f***ing blanket.
You claimed they’d have sold 2 of their first team on good contacts for £60m combined, the prices they got for FDJ and MDL are evidence that that is plainly %@#$&!s, whether you like it or not. They don’t sell players for £#%&! all until they reach a total and then whack the prices up you moron Gravenberch went for nowt as he had 1 year left. Schuurs they sold last week so that £#%&!s your theory too. They set a price that the player is worth to them. Martinez and Antony are worth a lot to them.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:38 PM
Pop

Clubs rarely keep a slapped arse.

Looking forward to his inevitable transfer to Utd, whoever the £#%&! he is.

Never heard of him/seen him.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:41 PM
Curtis

Quote:
You claimed they’d have sold 2 of their first team on good contacts for £60m combined, the prices they got for FDJ and MDL are evidence that that is plainly balls, whether you like it or not. They don’t sell players for f*** all until they reach a total and then whack the prices up you moron Gravenberch went for nowt as he had 1 year left. Schuurs they sold last week so that f***s your theory too. They set a price that the player is worth to them. Martinez and Antony are worth a lot to them.
Alright, I'm sorry dunk, I've had a rough day and shouldn't have lashed out at a tool. I know it means the world to you so I'll concede. I had no concrete information to suggest they would sell both players for that much. That much was conjecture, I'll grant you that. I was just going off the prices that were being widely touted for both, prior to the commencement of player sales this summer.
Again, if I have upset you, then I do apologise. I get no joy from it, it was not my intention to question your peerless understanding. I hope you have a lovely evening.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:42 PM
92ToBury

Van Der Sar now getting involved in the talks. It’s happening

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:42 PM
naes_sean

Another example of United not knowing what the £#%&! they are doing.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Alright, I'm sorry dunk, I've had a rough day and shouldn't have lashed out at a tool. I know it means the world to you so I'll concede. I had no concrete information to suggest they would sell both players for that much. That much was conjecture, I'll grant you that. I was just going off the prices that were being widely touted for both, prior to the commencement of player sales this summer.
Again, if I have upset you, then I do apologise. I get no joy from it, it was not my intention to question your peerless understanding. I hope you have a lovely evening.
you were wrong and got all superior. Take your passive aggressive shit and shove it up your arse.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
. I hope you have a lovely evening.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:53 PM
Curtis

Quote:
you were wrong and got all superior. Take your passive aggressive shit and shove it up your arse.
There's £#%&! all passive about my aggression pal. You might want to remember that.

Unread 26-08-2022, 07:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
There's £#%&! all passive about my aggression pal. You might want to remember that.
Oh, you’re just shit at aggression as well

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Ajax will have to clean up without scouring.
we'll be getting rinsed, either way.